Coffee Creamer

Options
I'm literally adding 300+ calories a day on my coffee creamer addiction (Nestle Italian Sweet Cream) and i don't use the term addiction loosely. I love my coffee but without this creamer I find that I don't like it quite as much. What do you all put in your coffee in the morning? and if I consider giving up coffee altogether (which is a heavy heavy HEAVY consideration!!!) what can I substitute in it's place. It's not only the calories i'm worried over but also my sugar intake. The amount i'm taking in daily goes over my goals every day and I'm almost positive that can't be healthy! Thanks guys!

Replies

• JulianneOrosz
    Options
    I am not a coffee drinker myself, but my friend likes Splenda, she says it is sweeter than sugar, so she uses less and it has no calories. I am not sure if you want to do this route, since it is not a natural product and I do not know what your current dietary plans are but that could be an option. Maybe also adding a tablespoon of plain cream to give it a color. Oh, and maybe flavored coffee beans perhaps. I am not sure if Hazelut roasted coffee has any calories, but it may be something worth checking out.

Good luck!
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I used to be hooked on creamer and sugar myself. Now I do almond milk and sugar free flavored syrups. Brings it down to 15 calories a cup!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I use coffee mate sugar free french vanilla creamer. On 15 cals a tablespoon and i only have 4 tablespoons for 2 cups of coffee so thats only 60 calories. I refuse to give up my coffee, but this way im not wasting a ton of cals on it.
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Drink it black..Problem solved.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Non-dairy creamer is a lot more friendly on the calorie count, as is almond milk. You can get either in a variety of flavors. Just watch your portions.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I use 2 tsp of coffeemate (20 cals) and a packet of Splenda in my 1 cup of coffee
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I use the Torani sugar free syrups (brown sugar & cinnamon and vanilla are my favorite, but they have others) with unsweetened Almond Milk (35 calories per cup)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Take 1 scoop of your favorite flavor whey protein.
    Mix it in a shaker with 1/2c skim milk and 1/2 water.

Shake that effer.

Then use it as coffee creamer.

Then marvel at yourself for being baller.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    i had to learn to enjoy my coffee with only one tbsp 5% cream in it.. and now that i am used to it.. I could not go back.. I have actually learned to enjoy the taste of the coffee itself... I have tried milk.. could not do it.. and I bought a bunch of sugar free syrups in diff flavours but they give me migraines. ;(
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I use 2 Tablespoon coffee mate cream and 1/2 tsp. Stevia
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I had to give up my coffee - I drink tea instead.

If I'm only using plain cream I only like super high quality coffee.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The only thing I put in my morning coffee is Benefiber fiber supplement (or the Hy-Vee equivalent). I actually put in the full daily allowance - 2 Tablespoons, one per cup.
  • csfillmore
    csfillmore Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've cut myself back slowly to 1 Tablespoon of Half and Half and 1 tsp of sugar. 35 calories and 5 grams of sugar total.
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Non-dairy coffee creamer or skim milk? Also, I am trying to make the switch to drinking tea instead of coffee, but it's hard. I enjoy the taste of coffee so I don't think I'll ever give it up completely!
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have one LARGE cup of coffee in the morning...and I now measure two tablespoons of my International Delight French Vanilla creamer at 70 calorie total. Not giving that up, but I have DEFINITELY cut back on the creamer amount once I looked at the calorie content.
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I drink french vanilla coffee with almond milk and splenda. I used to use light cream as I didn't like my coffee any other way but I weaned myself off of it and now save a ton of calories. :smile:
  • Raybug0903
    Raybug0903 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Coffee Mate's Amaretto creamer, and sometimes have this same problem, depending on how much coffee I drink in a day. Recently I started using Splenda Nectresse instead of regular Splenda. It's made from monk fruit and is 10x sweeter than real sugar. So, instead of using 4 tbs of creamer and 2 packets of Splenda in a 12 oz cup (I like it sweet), I have been using 2 tbs of creamer and 1 packet of Nectresse. The sweetness of the Nectresse really helps give the extra sweetness I need without doubling the calories of the creamer. Hope this helps.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I use coffee mate sugar free french vanilla creamer. On 15 cals a tablespoon and i only have 4 tablespoons for 2 cups of coffee so thats only 60 calories. I refuse to give up my coffee, but this way im not wasting a ton of cals on it.

I had the EXACT same issue! I drink coffee all day (yeah that Keurig in my office didn't help with that :) ) and I used creamer. I have the first two cups in the morning with the sugar free french vanilla to start my day off and then in my office if I drink a cup I only use splenda in it. Actually solved two problems at once....it cut down on the number of cups (which is a good thing for the caffine-o-holic) AND it adds no calories. You will only have cofffee when you want/need the caffine kick instead of for the enjoyable sweet taste :) Try it for a while and honestly you will get used to it like anything else. I promise because I was EXACTLY there where you are :) It's worth it.....please give it a shot :)
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was the same way before....I have gradually cut back over time. I now use one splenda and 1 tablespoon of International delight almond joy coffee cream. Coffee mate also has natural bliss light coffee cream that is only 20 calories for 1 tablespoon and is very good! It has definitely been one of the harder things for me too because I used to drink a little bit of coffee with my cream :smile: !