Coffee Creamer

Options

Replies

• Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate almond milk + sugar-free flavored syrups!! Some of my favorites are Vanilla Caramel Creme coffee + dark chocolate almond milk + salted caramel syrup OR French Vanilla coffee + dark chocolate almond milk + peppermint syrup. Yummy!!! And all for less than 50 calories.
  • christied829
    Options
    I have one LARGE cup of coffee in the morning...and I now measure two tablespoons of my International Delight French Vanilla creamer at 70 calorie total. Not giving that up, but I have DEFINITELY cut back on the creamer amount once I looked at the calorie content.

^^^^^this, except I use International Delight White Chocolate Macadamia. 70 cals a day and it's factored into my cals.
  • aimeebear1511
    Options
    Almond milk!! Sugared if preferred! Is super sweet an low fat!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I just use whole milk and splenda.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Drink it black.
    I drink so much coffee i didn't realize how many calories i was adding with the creamer.
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My morning coffee is one of the things in life that I truly relish. That said, I make it good. I use high quality French Roast and Half n Half. It is not low-cal, but I don't care. I enjoy every drop of my two cups before my kids wake up. Maybe you could just cut down on the frequency? Knock it down to twice a day instead of three or more?
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    There are a bazillion creamers that are like 10 calories a TBSP....or use skim/almond milk!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Have you considered flavored coffee over flavored creamer?

I love that creamer as well...but normally I use fat-free half and half, and Splenda.
  • rschreiber
    rschreiber Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use coffee mate sugar free french vanilla creamer. On 15 cals a tablespoon and i only have 4 tablespoons for 2 cups of coffee so thats only 60 calories. I refuse to give up my coffee, but this way im not wasting a ton of cals on it.

Me too, exactly.
  • April_Christine
    April_Christine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Take 1 scoop of your favorite flavor whey protein.
    Mix it in a shaker with 1/2c skim milk and 1/2 water.

Shake that effer.

Then use it as coffee creamer.

Then marvel at yourself for being baller.

This sounds like a GREAT idea!!!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I use(d) the Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream Flavor, I love that stuff, then I started cutting it with plain half and half. Then I switched to cold brewed coffee and started using Greek yogurt and protein powder. Now I have actually quit coffee and am drinking unsweetened green tea instead.

Don't know if that helps or not, but it was my progression, and I drank 4 cups of coffee every morning for years.
  • cindylou54166
    Options
    Have you tried drinking flavored coffees without the creamer? Or, fat-free creamer?
  • mzteebell
    mzteebell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm no help because I love my coffee and can't stand the sweetners. So, I allow myself to have 1 or 2 eight ounce cups per day. I make sure that I measure my creamer (2 tsp) and sugar (about 3-4 tsp). Yeah, I know it's high but don't judge me. I've given up soda and a lot of other things but not my coffee.
  • apothecarist
    Options
    I use fat free half and half--2 tablespoons is 20 cal but i find 1 tablespoon is just right.
  • xteasex
    xteasex Posts: 5
    Options
    I have used flavor coffee's before but they all seem so strong!\ It just didn't seem the same. I think that part of my problem is that the creamer substitutes the creamer and the sugar. I don't add additional sugar on top of the creamer.
  • xteasex
    Options
    Fat-free creamer is bleeeeeeeech!
  • xteasex
    Options
    i've never used whey protein before but it seems legit enough to try..:smile:
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I agree that creamer calories can add up!!! I put a teaspoon measuring spoon in the server for powdered creamer so I don't just scoop it in. I cut down from 1T to 1t and got used to the taste.
  • JeeperChick
    JeeperChick Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use Trader Joe's organic soy creamer, Silk soy creamer or So Delicious coconut creamer.
  • xteasex
    Options
    My morning coffee is one of the things in life that I truly relish. That said, I make it good. I use high quality French Roast and Half n Half. It is not low-cal, but I don't care. I enjoy every drop of my two cups before my kids wake up. Maybe you could just cut down on the frequency? Knock it down to twice a day instead of three or more?

That is exactly what I'm in the process of doing now. My to-go cup is 16oz so once i'm at work I drink like two of them bad boys then inclue the one 8oz cup I have when I wake up plus the full to-go for the ride into work (40 minutes)....so cutting down is primarily my goal right now! :)