Breakfast ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to use a non stick skillet with no oil to fry one egg and two extra whites, brown a piece of extra lean Kirkland ham for breakfast taco/burrito, spread 1/8 cup of spicy Rosarita refried beans on a La Tortilla Factory small low carb tortilla (50 cal and 7 grams of dietary fiber), top with tablespoon of pico de gallo, 1/8 avocado, and a tablespoon of non fat Greek yogurt.
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    I usually have my 2-egg scramble with bell peppers, mushrooms & baby spinach. The trick is I have everything chopped and ready to go so I just toss them on the skillet and if I'm feeling a little fancy, put some sliced avocado on top and salsa and voila, breakfast is served! Of if I'm rushing out, wrap it in a whole wheat tortilla, breakfast burrito baby!
  • jourdanerin
    Options
    I don't like eggs :( and can't force myself to eat them so my breakfasts alternate between:

1/2 cup Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal, 1 tbsp. cinnamon, 1 small apple diced.

Whole wheat sandwich thins toasted, 2tbsp. peanut butter, and banana slices.

1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, sliced strawberries and/or banana, 1/4 cup Post Grape-Nuts Cereal

1/2 cup Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal, 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 1 banana (mix it all up, looks gross, tastes delicious and very filling)

Weekends: Post Great Grains Cinnamon Hazelnut Protein Cereal with unsweetened almond milk (so yummy).
    Honey Nut Cheerios with unsweetened almond milk.

when I can't think of anything else I default to 1/2 cup Oatmeal with whatever fruit I have on hand.
  • nopadoca
    nopadoca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thomas English Muffin, Two Jimmie Dean Sausages, Slice of Kraft American Cheese. Fills me up until snack time and is only 305 calories.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast and I literally eat it all day. I am kind of boring but I don't get sick of this!
    A typical day...
    breakfast - kashi go lean with chia seeds and flax seed and milk
    lunch - steel cut oats with bananas and apples...mmmmm
    supper - I often eat 2 eggs.
    Like I said...I'm a breakfast girl!
  • cvicencio
    Options
    2 corn tortillas
    2 eqq whites
    1 omega 3 egg
    1 tbsp salsa
    Some low fat shredded cheese (nothing too crazy)

that's about 300 calories
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love my omelettes in the morning: 2 eggs, a splash of fat free milk, 1 ounce of diced ham, 1 ounce of diced green bell peppers, sometimes some diced onion, 1/2 an ounce of shredded colby jack = between 275 - 300 calories and keeps me full all the way up until lunchtime! Oh, and coffee. Black.
  • tmgifford
    Options
    Sara Lee "45 Calories and delightful" whole grain toast, almond butter, and an apple!
  • LuckyStarrGal
    LuckyStarrGal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I ike 1/4 cup of quaker 1 minute oats mixed with greek yogurt.
    I like special K strawberry and chocolate cereal with almond milk.
    I like 1 fried egg, apple, wasa crisp bread (1 slice) with swiss cheese laughing cow.

I always drink black coffee with honey and sometimes add alomnd milk.

Just a few to mention, add me if you want, I need more friends!
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    0530 breakfast for me is always a GNC protein shake mixed with water my diary is open and coffee with half and half and raw sugar
    Then for my am snack which 0800 is larabar-nuts, cottage cheese and fruit-greek yogurt and honey
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    great ideas!!