females who wear make up

Options
124»

Replies

• Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with makeup. I find it's very fun to put on -- but horrible to wash off / correct if I make a mistake (which I often do), plus it never wears well all day so I find myself wiping off lipstick or eyeshadow in the bathroom or in the car after a few hours of use.

I also generally dislike the whole notion that a woman who wears makeup regularly isn't "pretty" without it (aka all the "Celebs without makeup" photos), and I used to not wear it at all, but deep down I am way too much of a girly girl to avoid it completely. I either do my eyes or lips just about every day now, but usually not both because I can't be bothered to devote more than 5 minutes to it in the morning :tongue:

That being said, if you're looking for good tips, there are a bazillion tutorials and product reviews on YouTube by people of all shapes, colors, sizes and gender variances, so I'm sure you can find someone who looks similar to you that you can steal looks from. :smile:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I think it's interesting that people are giving advice on how to wear make up. It's a self expression thing.

Somedays I'm all:

but mostly I'm

bernie1_720x480.jpg

Me too. I LOVE my red, red lipstick from M.A.C. :heart:
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup if someone puts it on me. It's too much work, and I like my face the way it is.

But, this is not how you put on lipstick.

iaJZrCv.gif
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Wow.

This is both sexist and offensive.

I enjoy wearing make up. Not too sure why you felt the need to exclude men from this party.

Pictures please. She didn't say men couldn't wear makeup, just that she wants female friends.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup every day. Look awful without it.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    LOVE makeup! Ive been wearing it for a long time but I like to experiment so I just find a style that I like and find tutorials on youtube and play beauty shop whenever I have time. I like Kandee Johnson and "CtheMakeupArtist" on Youtube. My current style fave is the Pin Up look so that's what I am into at the moment :) Feel free to add if you want!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    from what others said my eyes are my best feature they tell me my brown eyes sparkle so perhaps wear eye shadow , a light blush and lip gloss for now.

what is good for dark circles under the eyes?

I use mac eye concealer... they will be more than happy to find the perfect tone for your skin, and they will teach you how to put it on as well.... (that's the first thing you put in your face).... also if I have a pimple or something, I cover it up with this eye concealer.

I don't like to use foundation, but if you do.. you will do this step next...

follow eye concealer... powder.... (I use Clinique 15spf powder) as well... make sure you have the perfect one for your skin color....

after those steps... you can do whatever you want.... maybe something as simple as some mascara and lip gloss....
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    will have my stepdad take pictures as soon as I can since make up will be my lifestyle. right now I am wearing:
    lip gloss

purple eye shadow with silver sparkle
    light blush

I am amazed how something so simple can enhance your natural beauty i like this. its hard to believe I didn't know what I've been missing all these years.
  • Nicki_101
    Nicki_101 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my make-up, try something a little different everyday and you will find a look that you are comfortable with for most occasions and some more daring and fun options as well. I have found lots of great ideas here and tips as well. (http://www.preen.me) Have fun and don't be afraid to try new things, just make sure to get a good make-up remover and facial cleanser as well! Feel free to add me!
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Make up or no make up if you still look cute after your workout you didn't train hard enough.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Try to make the look natural! I wear eyeliner and mascara. And on special occasions I wear foundation, blush, and lipstick.

There's nothing worse than seeing someone with too much makeup, embrace your humanity and don't make yourself look like a painted doll and fake!
  • Grasshopper3n3
    Options
    lol to the photo of the makeup with a trowel-covered person...
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I tend to like my lipstick or lipgloss, and eyeliner.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Uuum, ok, I guess since this thread is a year old I will update. I tried the under eye concealer. It is good. But, I ended up never needing it. Probably a less expensive concealer would be fine any way. I still use fresh sugar lip balm with spf. I like rose for daily wear and passion when I want some actual color. When I perform or speak to an audience I wear pressed powder to prevent shine and blush because the powder would make me look washed out by toning down my natural blushing. I'm sure everyone is on the edge of their seats over this info.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    <~I like to put on my lip-gloss and eyebrow,that's all for whole day.