I am so upset!

Options

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    This is why there are so many threads regarding carrying a gun while you jog. So you can shoot out the tires of people like this.

Really crummy joke.
  • Shauncho49
    Shauncho49 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That's horrible! I'm terribly sorry you and your daughter had to experience that. Karma will get that guy...
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    What do you want us to do?

Wow. Usually I'm the a-hole.
  • ScorpioCurse
    Options
    Normally I would say to just try to move on, but if you really do think it was intentional I would definitely encourage you to file a police report. If this guy just picked you at random, then there's a chance he has done this or something similar before. The police may already know who he is or may be able to match up your report later based on the vehicle if he is busted for throwing stuff at people from his car.
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'd be horrified and upset if this happened to my children and I. I'm sorry OP. (((hugs)))
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options

You are on the same level of the soda can thrower.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    And why *didn't* you file a police report, exactly?
  • pigeonman123
    Options
    I have this happen quite often while walking or riding a bike. Things being thrown or aiming the car towards me to run me off the road. I have found the best solution is to have your smart phone handy and recording all the time while you walk and delete the file when your done if you do not need the recording. If you do have a problem and can get a license # and you have the recording then that should be all the police need to take care of the problem.
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Aw, it makes me sick that some people can act like this. ESPECIALLY when it comes to innocent people and children!!!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    This is why there are so many threads regarding carrying a gun while you jog. So you can shoot out the tires of people like this.

Yeah, real good idea!!!! If she misses the tire and ends up shooting higher up. <shakes my head>

I'm not seeing the issue there?

Me neither (okay, maybe a little). The baby could have been seriously harmed.

I would at least carry some pepper spray. It obviously wouldn't help in this type of situation, but it could come in handy if you get someone too close while out on your walk.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options

Geez have some sympathy, I am just venting because I am upset! I certainly don't want you to do anything.
    I know what I would do I would find the *kitten* and do some serious dameage!!!! I am a pasiv person unless someone tries to hurt my now nearly grown up children....... 17 and 23 now......
    This dude obviously thinks he is sooooooooooooooo strong attacking unsuspecting people and seriously needs to be dealt with!!!
    I feel with you lady and hope you feel ok going out next time as things like this are so scary Xx hugs and strength coming your way from sunny Switzerland :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

uh duhh maybe because she didn't get the license plate because she couldn't duhhh
    what are the police gonna do? use your brain!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

Rudeness is ugly and unattractive. Please don't compound your already unfortunate circumstance.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Normally I would say to just try to move on, but if you really do think it was intentional I would definitely encourage you to file a police report. If this guy just picked you at random, then there's a chance he has done this or something similar before. The police may already know who he is or may be able to match up your report later based on the vehicle if he is busted for throwing stuff at people from his car.

This ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options

What should she say? "Hi, there was a car/truck that went by while I was walking with my baby. I didn't get the plate number and I don't know what kind of vehicle it was but they threw a soda and it hit my baby!"

:yawn: Pretty sure they can't do anything. She knows this.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have an 8mo old daughter and reading this both infuriates me and breaks my heart. I am so sorry!! What is wrong with people these days?!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I have an 8mo old daughter and reading this both infuriates me and breaks my heart. I am so sorry!! What is wrong with people these days?!

They're losers. Jealous, lonely, losers who have nothing better to do. It's unfortunate.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Ug, you poor thing! What a moron! Once upon a time I was sitting near the river enjoying a beautiful day with a friend when a guy spit off the top of a bridge that went overhead. It landed just a few feet away from us. I yelled at him and he took off running. He did not even know anybody was down there! The drink guy was probably totally oblivious to anything going on around him. But you might want to call in a report anyway just in case you find out who it was later on (or someone else reports it) they'll have record of it. So glad nobody was hurt.

I think the OP mentioned that he yelled something at her before tossing the drink so he knew exactly what he was doing. People suck. This is the reason why I don't like to walk outside in neighborhoods and prefer to do my workout in the safety/security of an indoor fitness center. People would yell the most obnoxious things from their car. Never had anything thrown at me though. What is so frustrating is that bad people get away with crap like this all the time. Wishing I believed in Karma - bullies will never get their commupance and people who get beat down will never get justice.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

Rudeness is ugly and unattractive. Please don't compound your already unfortunate circumstance.
    tumblr_lydwaoxCxu1qgmzrio1_400.gif
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

uh duhh maybe because she didn't get the license plate because she couldn't duhhh

You know, she could describe the vehicle even if she didn't get the plate. Describe the driver maybe. Perhaps there was an officer in the area who might be able to keep his/her eyes open. You never know.
    use your brain!

Stay classy.