I am so upset!

Options

Replies

• rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have this happen quite often while walking or riding a bike. Things being thrown or aiming the car towards me to run me off the road. I have found the best solution is to have your smart phone handy and recording all the time while you walk and delete the file when your done if you do not need the recording. If you do have a problem and can get a license # and you have the recording then that should be all the police need to take care of the problem.

This is exactly what I do when I go for a walk after an unsavory incident that had me shaken. I make sure I walk facing oncoming traffic, and recording in front of me/at cars. I also keep pepper spray on me.

To the OP, I'm really sorry that happened to you, and your daughter. I'm really glad she's okay, and that nothing else transpired. I hope you feel better, and comfortable enough to go on another walk. <3
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    And why *didn't* you file a police report, exactly?

Please enlighten us and tell us what the police can do without the plate#.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What do you want us to do?

Yikes, woman.
  • CallMeWifey
    CallMeWifey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Why even reply if you're just going to be rude? Just move on and keep your mouth shut!
  • CMontalvo05
    CMontalvo05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WTH...that's ugly! There really are some scum bags out there. F***ERS...sorry but people like that deserve to hear it. I hope your day has gotten a little better now.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hi Dear, I am so sorry this happened to you and your beautiful child. I would have been upset and frightened also. You feel comfortable here and that is why you came. Also sorry some people were rude to you. It will surely help to talk about this awful event. I hope you have another route you can take to do your walking. You probably won't feel comfortable taking that route any more. HUGS
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    We had a 'raincoat' for our stroller when the girls were small. Clear plastic, small slits to let some air in. Velcroed to the stoller. Sure worked when we had one with the chicken pox and bronchits and the other had been snowbound way too long! I think this was from First Years.

The raincoat is just an idea, to keep your little one dry. For what ever the reason. I am carrying a small whistle as a just in case, if you do. Blow the thing! Get the driver's attention and start dailing 911.
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that you and your daughter had to deal with such an awful incident. It never fails to amaze and disgust me how truly ****ty some people can be. I think most of us, on the receiving end of such undeserving and unprovoked hostility, would want to vent as well. Just take some comfort in knowing that misery begets misery. He'll get his.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Please enlighten us and tell us what the police can do without the plate#.

See my previous post.

In addition to what I posted there, if they see a pattern of this behavior in an area, they could increase patrols to try and catch the guy. Perhaps he's done this to others. But if they all think like the people in this discussion seem to, "Oh, they can't do anything without the plate, why bother?" then nothing will happen.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am hoping beyond hope that he just wasn't thinking and threw the can out the window, (which would be stupid enough even if no one was in the area) .I'm sorry you had to go through that though. As moms it hurts us more when our child is hurt or simply scared. Try to relax now and be thankful she wasn't hurt. Hugs!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Only someone who is mentally ill would do this deliberately. Either he wasn't directing his anger at you and was shouting at someone on his phone and threw the can out of frustration, or he is unwell. I don't want you to think that you were being targeted, though, because I doubt that is the case.

I'm glad you are your baby are okay. My ex was hit by a water bottle thrown out of a car window once, and it is shocking and unpleasant.
  • Dita85
    Dita85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
  • Dita85
    Dita85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

This is a very rude comment. She did not state she wanted anyone to do anything for her, she was just venting, and rightfully so. With all the dumb things people post on MFP, I can't believe this is your response to this post. I did look at your profile though, and it seems you've never been lucky enough to have your own children, so I can see where a stupid remark like that came from.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

I'd like you to stop making bitter sh!tty little posts like these but you can't have everything. Oh and you're an @ss.
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

uh duhh maybe because she didn't get the license plate because she couldn't duhhh

You know, she could describe the vehicle even if she didn't get the plate. Describe the driver maybe. Perhaps there was an officer in the area who might be able to keep his/her eyes open. You never know.
    use your brain!

Stay classy.

I will help you understand. When emulating another, you take on their characteristics. Only in la la land do cops actually do something about these incidents - or even more "serious" ones. In the real world (and I live in a small town) They DON'T drive around and keep an eye open for this sort of thing. Even in a small town. I have had plenty of conversations with "officers of the law" and yeah, they're not as helpful as you like to believe. They require a lot more evidence then one, or a few, phone calls. Yeah buddy, look for that random tan minivan. Come on now.
  • RiesigJay
    RiesigJay Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sorry this happened to you and your child.

I have also gone through a similar experience while on a run. The object thrown was an icee/slushie beverage that had enough heft to actually throw me off balance (without falling).

File a police report as others said. Consider the possibility they know your route and will try this again (or worse). Change your route. Ideally so that you walk into oncoming traffic, so you can see potential malcontents. Plus, cowards like that are less likely to attack you head-on.
  • JBoogie08
    Options
    What a jerk he was. I wish you had picked up that can and gave it to the police. I am glad you two are ok. Change your route though cause you never know.
  • loudwige
    loudwige Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    she want you to shut the hell up! if you don't have anything nice to say,just don't say anything.
  • Thinsue02
    Thinsue02 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is an aweful thing to do to a baby, child or adult. There are alot of sick people. Be thankful your not like him and you are safe.
    Karma will get him some day
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave me some words of advice, encouragement, or just agreed that some people are just mean!

I read every post and it really did make me feel better (mostly, lol)

I DID file a report and just finished talked to the officer. There really isn't much to be done but if this guy has a habit of doing this to people, maybe if everyone reports him he may just one day be caught.

I just needed to vent and hearing some of your compassionate and empathetic words really helped.

My baby is currently bouncing up and down in her bouncer and is perfectly fine and happy which is all that matters!
    I am so sorry to hear this has happened to any of you, because it really just SUCKS. It scares the hell out of you!