Brides to be, where are you?!?1

Options
Hey ladies,

I need some motivation! I'm getting married in two months and it'd down to the wire. I'd like to lose somewhere between 5-10lbs between now and June 22nd. I'm down 4lbs already. I just need some extra help, tips, motivation, and support from fellow brides trying to look their best in their wedding dress! Pictures are forreverrr

Replies

• sunkissedbutrfly
    sunkissedbutrfly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting married in January - this will be my second marriage. And I can say 100% that pictures are indeed forever! I remember hating to look at my wedding photos because I looked like I was pregnant, when I wasn't. This time around, those pictures are definitely my motivation!
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am tying the knot in October!
  • mrswine
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I need some motivation! I'm getting married in two months and it'd down to the wire. I'd like to lose somewhere between 5-10lbs between now and June 22nd. I'm down 4lbs already. I just need some extra help, tips, motivation, and support from fellow brides trying to look their best in their wedding dress! Pictures are forreverrr

Be careful! Because of alterations I was told that I need to keep my weight constant for the 4 weeks leading up to my wedding! No big Gains or loses or your dress won't fit!
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Next March for me :)
    I've still got around 80lbs to nix. I refuse to be embarrassed to show my wedding pictures!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I only have one month and hoping to lose 5 pounds myself. It can be done--I have just over 4 weeks..2 pounds will be water loss so really I'm looking at 32 days to lose 3 pounds...that's just about a 350 calorie deficit. That's my target! :)
  • AnderMama88
    AnderMama88 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Late September/early October bride here! I would be over the moon if I could lose 40 lbs by then...but that's a pretty steep goal. I found that looking at my ring during a hard workout gives me instant motivation to push just a little harder! :wink: I'm getting my dress next month and I'm so nervous about that!
    Options
    So, what's your plan? What's your current weight? How tall are you? When is your last fitting?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Two weeks. Two freakin weeks. And I lost bugger all until my dress went in, then promptly dropped 14 lbs through stress, resulting in my dressmaker yelling at me.

But..... TWO WEEKS!!!
  • mrswine
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 170 pounds. Already down 35 pounds and hoping to lose another 15 before the wedding. My end goal is 140, but I don't think thats realistic in 6 months! My last fitting is September 20th. I am doing turbofire and yoga daily. I eat around 1600 calories a day. after Turbofire i am thinking about doing insanity.
  • tinapunch
    tinapunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    November 23rd for me.....and this will be my second marriage - but this time to the RIGHT man! I am also hoping to drop at least 25lbs by then. If we are all consistent and determined, I believe we will all reach our goal by the time the love of our lives see us standing next to him all confident and beautiful!!!

Good luck everyone - send me a friend request and we can continue to motivate each other!
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married September 7th with my final dress fitting on July 17th. I am looking to lose about 10lbs between now and then. It's so hard being on this serious time crunch!
  • haileybailey5
    haileybailey5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Next August, so I am giving myself until late this August to lose some inches. Plan is to lose as many inches as I can with P90x (starting Monday) and then work on maintaining all year.
  • mburlina86
    Options
    I'm June 22nd also!!!! My first fitting was this week...the dress zips and I can take small breaths! Hoping that in the next two months, it will zip AND be able to take deep breaths! :) Goodluck!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Getting married in September (second marriage here as well). I'm in maintenance (for the last 8 months) and have bought my dress in a size 8. :happy: I just need to make sure I don't GAIN. :embarassed: THAT would be embarrassing. I still log everything and work out at least 3 times per week (the mix that I found works the best for me in this phase), so I think I'll make it there without any issue.
  • bethgrayster
    bethgrayster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Getting married in May 2014! I have lost 20 lbs so far and want to lose another 25-30 before the end of the year!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married October 4/14, still a long ways to go for me. Like 35 pounds I need to lose and it seems to be very very slow (luckily I'll have time!) Anyone can feel free to add me but please just put a note that you're a bride or in need of motivation I always like to know what connection I'll have with someone :)
  • denisenimhurchu
    denisenimhurchu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! Am also getting married soon, on 3rd of August. I've only a few pounds left to go. I've been losing weight by counting calories religiously, everything I put in my mouth I record. I've been exercising for half an hour most days. Either a brisk walk or a workout from an app I downloaded. I really see results. I'm not just looking at the scales now, I'm hopin to tone up too. Have a wedding dress fitting in a week. So excited
  • tessb1125
    Options
    September 28th!!! I am hoping to lose about 30 lbs by then to be back at the weight I was when we first started dating.. Anyone who wants to add me please do I really need some motivation!! I think its possible to do 20 but I am hoping for 30 and some toned arms at least :)

33528153.png
    Options
    Two weeks. Two freakin weeks. And I lost bugger all until my dress went in, then promptly dropped 14 lbs through stress, resulting in my dressmaker yelling at me.

But..... TWO WEEKS!!!

YAY! That's so exciting. 14 pounds, that's a TON! Did it come back?
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am not a bride-to-be, but I am a maid-of-honor to be! lol

I need some motivation and support too.. so I am gonna hope on the wedding wagon with you lovely ladies :D