Brides to be, where are you?!?1

Options

Replies

• mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I want to be friends with all of the brides-to-be! I am getting married in October. While I'm hoping eating healthier and exercising is a long-term life change, the wedding was a huge motivator for me to finally get started. Please add me if you'd like, ladies. I try to keep it all positive and very supportive! Best of luck with getting in killer shape and wedding planning!!!
  • elizabethannerussell
    Options
    Sept 7 bride! Need (want?) to lose about ten more before then but really stuck in a rut right now. And buying my dress in 3 weeks so worried about losing more after that! trying to focus on lots of veggies, protein, and exercise. Please feel free to add me! I sure as heck need extra accountability which is why my food diary is open. yikes.
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Getting married in August and I've lost 42 Lbs so far but am trying for another 20! We can motivate eachother!!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    getting married July 19th. haven't lost the weight like I wanted too, but it works out because of right now my dress fits me perfectly (minus being too long) so I'm gonna save some money on alterations! lol
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Getting married Sept 21!!! Determined to lose 15 pounds before then. I'm 5'11" and currently 174, but WILL get down to 160 for my wedding! 5 months will go by so quick!
  • lovebug2307
    lovebug2307 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    October 9 getting married. Lost 88 lbs so far!!!
  • nomesw84
    nomesw84 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married the 1st June, but now trying to maintain my weight as already had my main dress fitting!
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    I'm getting married on June 8th! Good luck to all of you ladies. May you have nothing but bright skies and sunshine on your special day.
  • deedee0398
    deedee0398 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im getting married June 1st and just had my last dress fitting and the dressmaker told me not to go up or down because it is so close to the date. I wanted to go down at least 10 to 15lbs but with the stress of planning a wedding and a move out of state all in the same month i have just been lucky not to be gaining.
  • katie1286
    katie1286 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    9 days here!!!

I'm also in the "don't lose more weight" boat since it's so close.

I can't stop working out though, so I'm just focusing on getting my arms a little more toned up before the big day!

Congrats to all you other brides to be! :happy:
  • MaryKathleen50
    Options
    Hi
    Congratulations! From you picture, I'm sure you'll look beautiful - being happy is the best way to look good in pictures!

I'm not a bride - that was years ago - but, I find that if I hang up the pair of too tight pants where I can see them, if I'm tempted to eat something stupid, that helps to remind me not to. In your case, maybe a picture of your dress would work - worth a try?

best wishes!
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married August 2014. I started here 3/1/12 & had lost 32 pounds. Now I'm only down 20 pounds. I need to get back into things. BAD!

I had a tubal reversal in June of last year & since then I lost lots of interest in exercise (walk, jog, 30DS). I'm just being lazy & lacking in the motivation department. :explode: I hide my weight very well with the types of clothes I wear, most don't believe me how much I weigh. I was TWO POUNDS away from reaching a healthy BMI! *shakes head*

SW: 186
    CW: 165
    GW: 130-145
  • lovebug2307
    lovebug2307 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm getting surgery in July to fix all this loose skin and stuff. So excited. Then I will buy my wedding dress!!
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    We just moved our wedding date further out due to a venue conflict. We are now waiting a full year until NEXT May. . . I hate waiting but am trying to focus on more time to look even more amazing in those photographs. I do NOT want to look like I did the first time around - I cringe at my weight in those photos and all I see is the fat girl in a wedding dress - better marriage, better man, better pictures! This time I'm doing it all the right way :)
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I want to be friends with all of the brides-to-be! I am getting married in October. While I'm hoping eating healthier and exercising is a long-term life change, the wedding was a huge motivator for me to finally get started. Please add me if you'd like, ladies. I try to keep it all positive and very supportive! Best of luck with getting in killer shape and wedding planning!!!

I'm getting married in September and I totally relate! I knew I should get in shape and lose weight but somehow having a tangible date has really helped. I'd like to lose 12 - 15 more before the wedding and then maybe another 5 before the honeymoon. Really hoping to feel comfortable in a bathing suit by Mid-October!
  • SalPal03
    SalPal03 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    September 21 for me as well!! Hoping to lose about 20lbs by mid August (so there is still time for alterations)
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    i was supposed to get married last october.
    now, we have decided to go the jp route :)
    i have a mori lee voyage dress that fit when i got it two years ago, but my back widened out so much that now it needs some serious alterations. :/
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Two weeks. Two freakin weeks..... TWO WEEKS!!!

same here! congrats! all of you ladies are going to look amazing on the big day!
  • justshann0n
    justshann0n Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am getting married October 19th of this year and putting off my dress shopping until the last possible second, lol. Luckily, my favorite style of dress is the lace-up back which seems a lot more forgiving. I've lost 24 lbs. and quite frankly I would love to lose about 50 more before my wedding, but no matter what I'll look better in the photos than I have for the past several years.

Congrats to all the other bride-to-bes :)
  • amymaytay
    amymaytay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am getting married on June 15th of this year...i want to lose at least 10 - 15 pounds as well, my dress fits me right now but is on the tighter side, hoping that it wont be soo tight when the big day comes!! Feel free to add me and we can try to motivate each other!:wink: