What NSV are you working towards?

Options

Replies

• thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I want to look amazing in my wedding dress, but dress shopping has put a downer on that. However, we plan on going somewhere warm on the honeymoon a few months after the wedding and I want to be able to wear a bikini for the first time and not feel self conscious!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I wanna be able to dead lift and squat my body weight. I'm getting real close with my dead lift....relatively close with squats, too. It'll happen soon. :drinker:

Hey, that's mine too!! I also want to be able to do unassisted pullups :flowerforyou:
  • rhalse
    rhalse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    so I have set big goals for myself and small goals. Since coming on MFP - I have learned about NSV so I want to hear what everyones NSV's are that they are working towards - I want to wear tall boots - my calves are too big to fit in them so I will wear them one day with a skirt or skinny jeans

That is an awesome goal. What kind of tall boots are you talking about? Western boots or casual knee high boots. If it is the knee high boots Lane Bryant carries them for big calves. I bought a pair last year and absolutely love them
    I totally get that tall boot thing. I was thinking about that a few weeks ago, about how I never used to be able to wear them. Keep working at and you'll get there. I'm living proof.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm not really working toward specific NSVs. They present themselves like unexpected gifts.
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Being in shape enough to do Warrior Dash in July!
    O:laugh: h, and being able to work in 100 degree weather full time all summer without DYING!! haha!
  • msuspartan10
    msuspartan10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Run a half marathon
    Get down to a size 8 for the first time
    Go running in a sports bra and have people go "Daayuuuumm" (see avatar haha)
  • ladymnlite
    ladymnlite Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want to look great in a swim suit when we go on vacation in September. :)
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Do a Warrior Dash in the summer of 2014.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I wanna be able to dead lift and squat my body weight. I'm getting real close with my dead lift....relatively close with squats, too. It'll happen soon. :drinker:

Hey, that's mine too!! I also want to be able to do unassisted pullups :flowerforyou:

Yaaay! We'll do it. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of clothes that I wore for a small period of time before I gained tons of weight that I'd like to fit in again.

And to also be able to do a 5k!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I agree that most NSVs (new term for me too) are more like happy surprises, but I do have a pair of goal pants! Also, I'm super picky about which pictures I'll allow to be seen of me right now, and it makes my hubby crazy, I may never change that, but I'd like to get to the point where I'm only vetoing odd expressions on my face
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Unassisted pullups!
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    For by boobs to poke out farther than my belly...once I get that one, I'll set another!!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Well the first is to wear a beautiful, tight dress without hangups. I planned to do that by my anniversary next month, but I think it's a little more slow-going than I expected, which is ok.

The second, bigger one is that I have all these awesome designer jeans I bought when I basically had no expenses and I can't fit my butt into any of them. It's sad.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Tall boots too! And I have clothes in smaller sizes to encourage me along the way. Go go go! :D
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    5k in June, and my goal is to run the entire 3 .1 miles.
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Improved endurance where I run for 5miles without stopping
  • Elkarieda
    Options
    Zip up my graduation dress... (of course while wearing it :laugh: )
  • rhalse
    rhalse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    oh i got one that is sad. I do not like my picture taken at all - so there are almost no pictures of me with my kids or husband because I refuse to take those pictures- I want to take a million pics with my kids

My advice - don't wait. Start now. Your husband and kids know what you look like. They love you for you. The kids grow up SO fast - don't wait for someday - they will want pictures of you with them when they are young.

I also don't like myself in pictures but still take them because I am what I am, and I don't want the kids to miss having pictures of me, heavy or not. I'm a bit of a fatalist though and live by the idea that I never know when there may be a bus with my name on it... Carpe diem.

Agree! Get in those pictures!
    I completely agree. I think that when you do lose the weight you will be disappointed that you don't have pictures to show how far you came. Plus, I'm sure your kids would love to have pictures with you. My sister has cancer and my neice recently took down a picture of her from before the cancer, because she said 'that is not my mom, that is not who I know'. She has never known her mom to look any way other than how she looks now.
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    To stand next to my absolutely gorgeous, healthy younger sister and not feel like the fat sister.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!