How many grams of fiber do you eat on average?

Options
ldrosophila
ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
Because I think fiber is gosh darn awesome lets so how every body compares.

I'll start, going back to my more consistent logs, 20g/day. Less than the recommended amount. :frown:

Replies

• conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I'm usually 30+
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I aim for 28-32 per day.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    In the last 7 days, I've averaged about 45 grams per day. I set my goal at 50 so that I only get red numbers occasionally.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My goal is 40. Not that I always reach it, but I'm working on being more consistent with that.
  • lrgandwrg
    lrgandwrg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you get that much in a day?
  • bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I take Vitafusion Fiber Gummies, usually 8 or so a day (although I'm not the best at logging all of them), so there's 20 g right there, and from other food throughout the day I'm over 30 g/day on a consistent basis. When people why so much, I say I'm "pooping myself thin."
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    35-40 grams

I have Coach's Oats every morning and I eat a lot of fruit and veg. I eat a lot of legumes as well.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The recommendation I've seen is 14g per 1000 calories.

I get about that. Maybe a little less. I average around 25-27g a day I think.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    30 minimum. Had 52 the other day.
  • chloebug1217
    Options
    What are you guys eating that is high in fiber???
  • Herbalifekim
    Options
    choosing the right foods
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    10-15g.

I have tried eating 20-30g each day and 1, it didn't help me lose weight, and 2, I didn't even like being around myself on those days. Even put my husband to shame. :embarassed:
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm way low on my fiber. I was just using the MFP settings - it's only at 18. I need to rethink this. Glad I saw this Topic.
  • tsimblist
    tsimblist Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Fiber4-25-2013_3-25-39_PM.png
  • jonnythan
    Options

Beans, veggies, Taco Bell and Dunkin Donuts (no joke). I also use a fiber supplement on occasion.

Be wary if you increase your fiber intake significantly. You will probably experience some gastrointestinal distress and you will probably be gassy for a while. Be sure to drink plenty of water, and the gassiness will eventually go away.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Mine is not consistent but about 30g on average. Yesterday it was 74g.
  • jonnythan
    Options
  • cwolfman13
    Options

Legumes, avocados, oats and other whole grains, fruit and berries (raspberries and blackberries are awesome sources of fiber, both soluble and insoluble), lots of roughage (i.e. veggies).
  • jea9leary
    Options
    Ezekiel Bread/Cereal at least 5 cups of veg a day. HELP!! Whole grain instead of white flour.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    10-15g.

I have tried eating 20-30g each day and 1, it didn't help me lose weight, and 2, I didn't even like being around myself on those days. Even put my husband to shame. :embarassed:

Not everything is about weight loss. Whether or not you get your recommended nutrition should have no bearing on whether it helped you lose weight. You do encounter some gastrointestinal problems at first, but it does subside as your body gets used to receiving it's proper nutrition.