Are Cashews the Devil?

Options

Replies

• SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was told cashews are more oily and fatty. Which depending on what kind of "diet" you're on could be good or bad. For me, I adore them, but am only supposed to eat 8 or 9 in one sitting, which I find almost impossible because they're sooo delicious. Almonds are not oily or as fatty I guess.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    The devil's in the house of the risin' sun. Chicken in the bread pan, now they're pickin' out dough.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    *craving cashews now*
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    NO, they are GREAT. The best green beans ever have a handful of cashews ( non salted) along with sauteed mushrooms and carmelized onions.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    What's the story behind the Cashew hating? They seem to be almost exactly the same as Almonds, but everyone says that Almonds are good for you when you are losing weight but Cashews are bad. What's up with that?

Never heard anyone say this. Personally, I eat all of the nuts ('cept not "salty" ones)
  • Laurelthequeen
    Options
    Ever since costco started selling bags of hulled pistachios... ugh. I have to avoid that whole snack section for fear of one of the bags accidentally falling into my cart.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I've been eating this Cashew Chicken for lunch all week, http://myfridgefood.com/viewrecipe.php?recipe=20547

So good. Love cashews!

YUM! Thanks for posting this! added it to my Pinterest board!
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have been eating cashews and I have lost weight!!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I used to love cashews but I won't even have them in the house now - ten years ago we discovered my son was allergic to them when he had an anaphylactic reaction to one. So - as far as I'm concerned, they ARE evil! :sad:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    They are not the devil, but they are her favorite snack food. Hence their bad reputation.

"her" lmao
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    What's the story behind the Cashew hating? They seem to be almost exactly the same as Almonds, but everyone says that Almonds are good for you when you are losing weight but Cashews are bad. What's up with that?
    Cashews are bad because I am physically unable to restrict myself to "one serving" unless "one serving" and "one container" mean the same thing.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Someone CALL me if they ever start making CASHEW milk....almond milk is OK....but cashew milk would be GREAT
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Who is saying cashews are bad? Everyone knows it's peanuts that are bad for health not cashews

Cashews are also a legume.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,967 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe so. A cashew on ebay sold for 3800.00 apparently with the face of Lucifer on it.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    They are not the devil, but they are her favorite snack food. Hence their bad reputation.

"her" lmao

I caught that as well :laugh: :devil:

I love cashews - only evil thing is my lack of self control - I have however been able to switch to the raw, unsalted variety at least
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Someone CALL me if they ever start making CASHEW milk....almond milk is OK....but cashew milk would be GREAT

It's actually ridiculously easy to make your own nut milks, I always make my own almond milk. Here is a recipe for Cashew milk, http://blog.freepeople.com/2013/03/recipe-cashew-milk-raw-glutenfree-vegan/

ETA: :love: :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There are so many devils. Carbs, grains, red meat, sugar, salt, bacon, cow's milk, legumes, soy, animal fat, vegetable oil ... I think the grocery store must be the gateway to hell.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Maybe because cashews usually salted and almonds are not?
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love em but in moderation!!
  • SloRunner25
    SloRunner25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Eat 'em right out of the measuring cup and toss the bag in the back of the cabinet so you won't be tempted again. Problem solved.