Are Cashews the Devil?

Options

Replies

• lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nuts aren't the devil. However it is possible that the devil is nuts.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Well, for me they are the devil because I want as many of them as possible to get in my belly, as quickly as possible, whereas almonds are ok but kind of have the consistency of twigs and don't trigger a big binge.

Your mileage may vary.

...anybody got any cashews?

ohmygod this.

but no, I don't have any cashews. :frown:
  • iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've been eating this Cashew Chicken for lunch all week, http://myfridgefood.com/viewrecipe.php?recipe=20547

So good. Love cashews!

OMG this sounds delish - thanks for sharing.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,967 Member
    Options
    What's the story behind the Cashew hating? They seem to be almost exactly the same as Almonds, but everyone says that Almonds are good for you when you are losing weight but Cashews are bad. What's up with that?

Who is saying cashews are bad? Everyone knows it's peanuts that are bad for health not cashews

Cashews are also a legume.
    Interesting.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with peanuts?

I eat cashews, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, macadamias.... pretty much ANY nut (and some technically legumes). Nuts are the best!!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Warning: Do not Google Image search "Cashew Devil"
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Nuts in general have a bad rep because they tend to be high in fat, but it's a good fat and there are lots of nutrients in them. I wouldn't eat more than a handful a day though, if that.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    whenever I get caught doing anything bad in the future, I'm going to say "cashews made me do it"
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with peanuts?

I eat cashews, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, macadamias.... pretty much ANY nut (and some technically legumes). Nuts are the best!!!

Cavemen thought legumes were devils, apparently.
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Cashews buttery deliciousness are very evil, i can't keep my hands off those little evil *kitten*, especially kirkland brand - world's most addicting cashews. I go on cashew rehab once in a while, but that's all worth it when I have cashew binge. and yes pistachios are amazingly delicious as well. Almonds are just meh.
    OMG, I get a huge bucket o' Kirkland cashews thinking I'm good for a month or two, blink, and they are gone. I'm pretty sure it's evaporation.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Cashew nut curry is probably one of the tastiest dishes ever created.

Don't fight it.

You will only lose.
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Eat 'em right out of the measuring cup and toss the bag in the back of the cabinet so you won't be tempted again. Problem solved.

I wish it was that easy. It certainly isn't for me. :/
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love all nuts, but once I start on the cashews I have a hard time stopping. Of course, the same can be said for pretty much all nuts. BTW - I love cashews, but find savory foods cooked with cashews in them rather off-putting. I love them in sweet treats and desserts though. Am I the only one who likes them, but not cooked into savory dishes? Just wondering.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    mamma.......mamma said.......only foolsball is the debil......\m/
    waterboy3.jpg

Mama Boucher: You gonna lose all your fancy "fools' balls" games! And your gonna fail your big exam! Because school is...
    Bobby Boucher: The devil?
    [Mama gasps]
    Bobby Boucher: Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like school, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good!
    Bobby Boucher: [Bobby runs out, slamming the door, then comes back in] And by the way, Mama. "Alligators" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!
    Bobby Boucher: [Bobby runs back out, then back in again] And I like Vicki, and she like me back! And she showed me her boobies and I like them too!
    [slams door on Mama]
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    Too much of anything is bad for you, Cashews are high in fats, but they are good fats if that makes sense. Though really only a handful of nuts a day is reccomended as that is only beneifical plus they are pretty high in calories if eaten in excess.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    lol! I just ate 1/2 cup of cashews and recorded 320 calories. As I logged on to MFP I was thinking, "Damn! Those cashews are EVIL!" and then I saw this thread!
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are bad for you
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Came to this post for possible funny gifs and found none....well....1.
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Cashews are as powerful as antidepressants! A handful wont hurt!
  • sandysegovia
    sandysegovia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They might not be the healthiest nut but are ok in moderation. I have a huge container of them but only allow myself around 10 a day as a treat when I have a craving and don't want to load up on candy.