I'm so lucky ! i found MFP. My six month progress

Options

Replies

• mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! You go!! Congrats on your progress.. keep it up!!
  • Bshores_lkn
    Bshores_lkn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great success story! I love the Nike Running app too! Just used it for the 1st time last night on a treadmill run and was disappointed it didn't work as well as running outdoors. Keep up the good work!
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Congrats on your loss!!!

I am totally interested in the 0 to 100 push up program!!! I also want to start running, but I'm still getting used to walking. My ultimate goal is to run, but for now I'll stick to walking until I lose a little more weight. I don't want to get shin splints. I also dance, which is a huge motivator for me. But I want to strengthen my arms/shoulders/chest and I think the push ups will help!!! Thanks for the idea on the program!

Peace,
    Amanda

You are most welcome !
    WOW what a response thank you everybody !
  • neilvv
    Options
    Great success story! I love the Nike Running app too! Just used it for the 1st time last night on a treadmill run and was disappointed it didn't work as well as running outdoors. Keep up the good work!

I also find it doesn't work as well on the treadmill,but it does work. You have to make sure you change over to indoor mode first though !
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Spoiler alert... MFP definitely helped.. But that's all you ;)

Great progress man, looking awesome.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Floored... True Motivation!
  • brent001
    brent001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Great job.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration...Way to go..you look great!
  • jellylong
    Options
    Good work,great transformation.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
    I'm so glad you posted this, my other half is exactly the same starting weight currently as you were. He's feeling very frustrated and discouraged as he really does eat quite healthy, and not too much. Tonight, he has agreed to come to the gym with me, it'll be his first time there in probably 4 or 5 years.

If you don't mind my asking, do you remember approximately what your starting calories are? MFP is giving him around 1700 which, to me, seems low...but I could be wrong.
  • neilvv
    Options
    Amazing job!
    I'm so glad you posted this, my other half is exactly the same starting weight currently as you were. He's feeling very frustrated and discouraged as he really does eat quite healthy, and not too much. Tonight, he has agreed to come to the gym with me, it'll be his first time there in probably 4 or 5 years.

If you don't mind my asking, do you remember approximately what your starting calories are? MFP is giving him around 1700 which, to me, seems low...but I could be wrong.

Thank you.

I was unfit for a shocking 10+ years before October.
    I have checked the diary and MFP did indeed give me 1700 when i started. I stuck to it and saw changes week on week. Tell him to give it a try and if he sends me a FR with a message i would be more than happy to offer encouragement/advice where i can !
    The hardest part is starting once he has been logging if he is honest he will see results for sure !

Good luck, hope this helps !
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!

Thank you.

I was unfit for a shocking 10+ years before October.
    I have checked the diary and MFP did indeed give me 1700 when i started. I stuck to it and saw changes week on week. Tell him to give it a try and if he sends me a FR with a message i would be more than happy to offer encouragement/advice where i can !
    The hardest part is starting once he has been logging if he is honest he will see results for sure !

Good luck, hope this helps !

Thanks :) he usually only uses on his phone for logging (not big into the forums etc) but I will let him know he should FR for sure, I'm certain it would be nice to see someone who has achieved his goal!
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Almost like a different man. You are an inspiration and no doubt, you are healthier as well. Great work!
  • ash_mason
    ash_mason Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! You're going to get faster, run harder and longer. I'm inspired.
  • neilvv
    Options
    Just adding a new comparison pic ... 7 months progress
    bf5821.png
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Wow! Very nice difference! It looks like you're getting stronger too - especially in the triceps.
  • neilvv
    Options
    Wow! Very nice difference! It looks like you're getting stronger too - especially in the triceps.

Cheers fella ! Stronglifts 5x5 doing it's job !
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look like a different person. Even younger! GREAT job! Congrats on your weight loss success! :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great-and your post reminds me I need to start using my Nike app more
  • classictoaster
    Options
    CONGRATS! That is awesome!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!