Trying to change my lifestyle for once and all....

Options
Hello! My name is Caitlyn and I am new here. I have been using MFP for a little bit here but never utilized the message boards and am realizing how awesome they can be!! I'm 29, 5'4 and 294 pounds and my goal weight is around 160, I would like to worry less about the number, though, and more about my fitness level... I have lost 34 pounds since the end of January by eating better and incorporating exercise into my daily routing but now I am begining to stall out. I have been diagnosed with PCOS so its a minor challenge to see what will work for my body to shed all of this weight. I would appreciate any motivational words (or words to kick my butt into gear ;) I am excited to make new friends here along this journey we are all on.

Replies

• jmaugel
    jmaugel Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Caitlyn! I too have PCOS and was diagnosed 6 years ago. I've spent a lot of those years researching food and how PCOS can hinder weight loss. I've bought a few books on the topic too. You may want to look into a low-glycemic way of eating. Anyhow, I can discuss further but I want to say congrats on your weight loss so far! It's really about taking your life back and taking care of you.

You deserve to be healthy! Here's to cheering each other on and finding that balance.
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! Welcome to MFP! :) I'm not new, but recently rededicated to this journey and getting healthy. I'm 26 and need to seriously make some changes to have the life that I want. I'm trying to log every day and do my best to comment when I can and also upwards of a hundred lose. If you'd like another friend feel free to add me!

You got this!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi and Welcome, Congrats on losing 34 lbs. I started this lifestyle journey in June of 2012 and am on here to keep myself motivated and give motivation. A friend request has been sent. We can do this and reach our fitness and weightloss goals.
  • blondley
    blondley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I sent you a friend request
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your weight loss if you'd like you can read my profile I have pcos and hypothyroidism and am on this long journey right along with you good luck. ad me if you'd like.