Guy Code

Options
Cp731
Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
So, I went on a great date last night..
It was fun, flirty, and sexy.
Of course I wanted to talk to this guy today...
But here I sit conflicted if I should contact him or wait for him to contact me.
Whats the normal waiting time for Guys to contact a girl?
Why do guys wait so long to let a girl know they are interested?
Is there really a waiting period?

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Send him a text or message and tell him you had fun. Wait for a response.

Of course you could just go to his house and knock on the door and demand to know what he thinks of you. Personally I would go with option A.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'd wait until tomorrow and maybe send a quick text saying you had fun and would be up for it again sometime! Then just wait. Don't be too eager...let it ride. If he likes you he'll let you know.
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Usually 48 hours is the norm to contact the girl again after a date.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'd probably just chill out, turn on my wallflowers CD and wait a day.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,295 Member
    Options
    Wait till tomorrow.

Usually the window to text is 15-30 mins after date to say, hey I had a good time, talk soon. Keep it nonchalant.

If you missed that, then wait 2 days and then say, hey, what was the beer we shared the other night, cuz I'm at Binny's. If he says, what beer. You say, oh sorry, wrong guy.

THen he will propose to you right then.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Make him contact you. So wait.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I just treat her the way I want to be treated. So if I want to see her again, I say so.

It seems there are some "game" rules I am not aware of. No wonder I'm single. LOL
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I've never been a big believer in the "waiting period." When I was dating, if I liked a girl, I called her. If she was in to me, she was happy. If not, fine. Call him, just don't call him more than once today. Give him a chance to call you back and if he doesn't call you back today, THEN you wait a day before calling again.
  • Cp731
    Options
    Ow Norm your so funny..Thank you..

I heard from him once today..but I imagined he would be flirting with me but there was no flirting, just a "Glad you had fun"

whats up with that?
  • NormInv
    Options

I heard from him once today..but I imagined he would be flirting with me but there was no flirting, just a "Glad you had fun"

whats up with that?

You are in control of your reactions not his. Keep it nonchalant and dont care much. If he likes you he will come after you. If not then you dont need him.
  • johnboy513
    Options
    What NormInv said!!! That would mess with him!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

whats up with that?

:ohwell:

Sorry.
  • johnboy513
    Options
    Cat and string theory!!!
  • Cp731
    Options
    Cat and string theory!!!

I want to know more about the "Cat and String Theory" John
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Cat and string theory!!!

meow
  • NormInv
    Options
    There are no games per se, mmmkay? The thing is the chase...from either side. Until you get to a level state where love is in the air, you gotta be just a tad elusive. Bait him...then.....bammmmm.....bring down the crazy hammer!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Send him a text or message and tell him you had fun. Wait for a response.

Of course you could just go to his house and knock on the door and demand to know what he thinks of you. Personally I would go with option A.

definitely go with option B.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Are you SURE he is single??? Just throwing it out there...
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

whats up with that?

You are in control of your reactions not his. Keep it nonchalant and dont care much. If he likes you he will come after you. If not then you dont need him.

This!
    Don't chase him.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options

whats up with that?

^^^^ This exactly, CP :wink: