Satan! Get your big, fat foot off of MY SCALE!!!

Options
SatansFoot_zpsc5dfd3d1.jpg

Here is a little illustration that I did on my computer today.

It is a reminder that Satan would love to discourage us, when we step on the scale. He wants us miserable and thinking that we are are never going to succeed. He is that nasty, little, nagging voice that tells us that we will always be fat and can't possibly stick to our food plan.

I have lost 43 pounds since Thanksgiving; and I didn't do that by listening to that sorry, no good for nothin' loser. When I get on the scale, I ask God for His help and wisdom in what I am doing. Sometimes, I forget to pray; and I have discovered that the scale seems to give me bad news. That's when I have to step off the scale and tell Satan..."Get thee behind me!" Better yet..."Get your big, fat foot off of MY SCALE!!!"

I hope that this little illustration might help someone today.

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't blame some imaginary imp for my scale being wonky. I blame my wonky scale.....and I blame my body for not cooperating with my efforts.....
  • caribear1984
    Options
    I love this! I pray about this every day too. You are doing great! May God bless you, and satan keep his greasy red feet off your scale!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't blame some imaginary imp for my scale being wonky. I blame my wonky scale.....and I blame my body for not cooperating with my efforts.....

Satan is no imaginary imp to me, Sis. I know what he did in my life, before I realized who I was serving in those dark, old days. I was 57 years old, before I discovered the truth, and my life has never been the same. I am so blessed.

My Lord is with me and supporting me in everything that I do. I ask for His help and get it. He is my strength, when I am weak.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    My problems were the elves and the voices in my head.

But the voices in my head finally told me to kill the elves and bury their little bodies so their little elfin feet wouldn't step on my damn scale again.

Problem solved.

Now if I can just get my unicorn to stop dragging his butt across my living room floor and leaving rainbows everywhere . . .
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

Satan is no imaginary imp to me, Sis. I know what he did in my life, before I realized who I was serving in those dark, old day. I was 57 years old, before I discovered the truth, and my life has never been the same. I am so blessed.

My Lord is with me and supporting me in everything that I do. I ask for His help and get it. He is my strength, when I am weak.

Don't preach at me please. Was merely telling you that I don't blame some devil for scales not budging......Besides, topics like these are generally not allowed here, being that it's religiously-filled and religion can be a very divisive topic. It would be better to put it in one of the many christian groups that exist....
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

But the voices in my head finally told me to kill the elves and bury their little bodies so their little elfin feet wouldn't step on my damn scale again.

Problem solved.

Now if I can just get my unicorn to stop dragging his butt across my living room floor and leaving rainbows everywhere . . .

Teach your unicorn to wipe its bum after dropping rainbows!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    SatansFoot_zpsc5dfd3d1.jpg

Here is a little illustration that I did on my computer today.

I thought Satan had hooves.

Good message though. Don't listen to that voice telling you that you can't succeed. Some times it's your friends or even your spouse. Just keep doing the right things.
  • BeachIron
    Options

Problem solved.

Oh! Is that what the pink Hello Kitty TP is for?
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

Problem solved.

It's not there for eating or decoration, so yes!
  • lagray13
    lagray13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amen, sista! Preach! Thank you so much for your original post and this comment! I needed to hear this today! I stand in agreement with you in regards to our battles! With God, we can do anything!
  • BeachIron
    Options

Problem solved.

It's not there for eating or decoration, so yes!

I was afraid that the strawberry scent would give the unicorn a glitter rash
  • Imani9629
    Imani9629 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Amen! Keep motivated and keep praying :)
  • lagray13
    lagray13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amen, sista! Preach! Thank you so much for your original post and this comment! I needed to hear this today! I stand in agreement with you in regards to our battles! With God, we can do anything!

Satan is no imaginary imp to me, Sis. I know what he did in my life, before I realized who I was serving in those dark, old days. I was 57 years old, before I discovered the truth, and my life has never been the same. I am so blessed.

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Oh Satan, you cheeky bugger! Always messing with people's scales..
  • slipandsink
    slipandsink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm happier blaming my lack of motivation and exercise on a rising number on the scales rather than some inane mystical entity, and equally my success on my hard work than some supreme being that doesn't exist.
  • bonniecarbtoo
    Options
    HE PUT HIS BIG FAT FOOT ON MINE SO MUCH THAT I JUST STAY AWAY FROM IT. I LIKE THE HUMOR OF YOUR POST.:laugh:
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Satan is no imaginary imp to me, Sis. I know what he did in my life, before I realized who I was serving in those dark, old day. I was 57 years old, before I discovered the truth, and my life has never been the same. I am so blessed.

Don't preach at me please. Was merely telling you that I don't blame some devil for scales not budging......Besides, topics like these are generally not allowed here, being that it's religiously-filled and religion can be a very divisive topic. It would be better to put it in one of the many christian groups that exist....

Or you can choose not to read her post if it offends you.......Satan is alive and well....thank goodness I have God.......
  • jml_25
    jml_25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are so right about this! You preach it girl! I needed to read this today. Funny how someone can try to knock you down and be all hateful and condescending but when you defend yourself (not in a condescending way) they are offended. Must be a "tolerance" screamer ;)
  • angelsingin4jc
    Options
    I always wonder why people who don't share beliefs with others, so freely comment...and usually disrespectfully.

God is my strength and driving force, even in weight loss. Good for you for knowing that! The number on the scale isn't the most important part, though. Remember that! Be healthy!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    To put it out there, there are Christian groups on MFP that this might be better received.
This discussion has been closed.