Satan! Get your big, fat foot off of MY SCALE!!!

Options

Replies

• Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My post wasn't meant to offend anyone, but I am not ashamed of my beliefs. I am just an old lady with so gratitude for all that God has given me...including 43 pounds of weight loss since Thanksgiving and some wonderful, supportive sisters on MFP. :heart:

I thought that my illustration would give someone encouragement...and maybe even a laugh. :wink:

Fair enough - and well done on the weightloss. But do you not feel like you're short changing yourself on the achievement somewhat?

No. I spent too much of my life thinking that I was a fat failure. I didn't like me, let alone love me. I can't explain everything that has happened in my life...without speaking about miracles and God. I will just leave it at that. I know that my successes have their source in My Lord. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I certainly do not want to say anything else that might offend the young lady from New York.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My post wasn't meant to offend anyone, but I am not ashamed of my beliefs. I am just an old lady with so gratitude for all that God has given me...including 43 pounds of weight loss since Thanksgiving and some wonderful, supportive sisters on MFP. :heart:

I thought that my illustration would give someone encouragement...and maybe even a laugh. :wink:

Fair enough - and well done on the weightloss. But do you not feel like you're short changing yourself on the achievement somewhat?

No. I spent too much of my life thinking that I was a fat failure. I didn't like me, let alone love me. I can't explain everything that has happened in my life...without speaking about miracles and God. I will just leave it at that. I know that my successes have their source in My Lord. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I certainly do not want to say anything else that might offend the young lady from New York.

You didn't offend me. It seems like you got offended by my comment. Not my intention whatsoever.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Anti-God people are full of themselves. You can take it to the bank. They walk around with a chip on their shoulde andr are in amazement when people are repulsed at their arrogance. They are a bunch of intolerant fruit cakes in my opinion. The good news is that when we get to Heaven, we won't have to tolerate them. To Hell with them, literally.

delighting in the eternal torment of others doesn't seem very Christian. Just sayin'.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that you are finding out the hard way that this site is most certainly not Christian friendly. Any post with a Christian reference will draw this type of response. It's sad that we are demanded to be quiet about our faith. It would be different if people were proselytizing, but they aren't. Just the mere mention will bring out the ones to shout you down. Not a very tolerant bunch I am afraid.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Anti-God people are full of themselves. You can take it to the bank. They walk around with a chip on their shoulde andr are in amazement when people are repulsed at their arrogance. They are a bunch of intolerant fruit cakes in my opinion. The good news is that when we get to Heaven, we won't have to tolerate them. To Hell with them, literally.
    How very christian-like of you.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    To put it out there, there are Christian groups on MFP that this might be better received.

Thanks for your suggestion, Sis. I haven't joined any other groups...except MFP. I didn't see why my little cartoon and my beliefs should be that offensive. However, some folks feel the need to censor other folks thoughts. All I can do is pray for them. 2 Timothy 1:12

Mark 12:17: "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's." Obey the rules. Besides, no one is censoring your thoughts, just your posts.

Matthew 6:6: "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." Just a thought.

I spent years in parochial school. I respect everyone's right to their religion. We simply live in a world with many of them. There are groups for this type of post and no one is stopping anyone from posting in those groups.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    yup satan made me fat ....thats a new one...if Satan wants us all fat then why aren't we a bunch of lard *kitten*'s stuck on the couch all day ..I would assume a supernatural being would have more power of me than myself...
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

People like you are the reason why Christians are seen in such a negative light. I'm not arrogant. I believe in live and let live. My comment was reflecting upon ME and ME alone. I don't see why me not believing in a devil is offensive and has brought forth such vitriol from everyone else accusing me of being offensive, when it is they who are being that way. I felt I was being preached at, so I NICELY asked not to be. I was pretty cordial.

You, however, are being rude.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Wow... this is truly one of the worst things I have ever, ever seen written in these boards. :noway: I will assume you are a Christian, so here is a lesson Jesus might want you to remember:

1 Peter 3:8

To sum up, let all be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit;
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

You cannot be against something you don't believe in. As for the rest of your post, it is too funny and full of hypocracy to comment on.
  • trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Sounds like the sin of wrath to me... welcome to hell friend.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post!! All too often I forget God is in this with me and I need to lean on him rather than be stumbling on my own!
  • ladymiseryali
    Options
    I am sorry that you are finding out the hard way that this site is most certainly not Christian friendly. Any post with a Christian reference will draw this type of response. It's sad that we are demanded to be quiet about our faith. It would be different if people were proselytizing, but they aren't. Just the mere mention will bring out the ones to shout you down. Not a very tolerant bunch I am afraid.

Don't turn this into "we're being persecuted because we're Christians!". I didn't persecute anyone. All I did was post that I don't believe in a devil that gets in the way of MY weight. That is all. It's the rest of you who are turning this into a ****-storm of victimhood. Religion doesn't belong here. That means ALL religions. There are groups that are for christians. It would have been more appropriate to post there.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Don't turn this into "we're being persecuted because we're Christians!". I didn't persecute anyone. All I did was post that I don't believe in a devil that gets in the way of MY weight. That is all. It's the rest of you who are turning this into a ****-storm of victimhood. Religion doesn't belong here. That means ALL religions. There are groups that are for christians. It would have been more appropriate to post there.

I just want to clarify, she is talking about groups within MFP -- look under the community tab.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It's all promised in the Bible we believe. Not everyone gets in. Sorry. God is pretty strict in his immigration policy. First order is that you have to believe in him. I am pretty certain that lets most of you out, for now.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You did speak in the first person plural a lot in your OP. Without qualification, of which there was none as far as I can tell, that could be taken by some as you projecting your beliefs on anyone who reads it.

I guess that I write like I tend to speak. I will try to be more careful with how I share my thoughts on MFP. My beliefs are MY BELIEFS. If it looks like I am 'projecting' them on someone, it is probably just my way of speaking. I believe that everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe. I just happen to be a Christian, and I don't want to be denied the right to acknowledge that belief...on MFP or anywhere else.

If someone is a Muslim...a Hindu...an atheist, they should be able to say it without fear of criticism or censure.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

I'm sorry that you felt that my comments were directed toward you, that couldn't be further from the truth. I was directing my comment to the OP So that she might save herself some grief in the future. I sincerely hope you didn't take offense because none was intended. Have a great evening.
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Cute and congrats on your progress
  • ladymiseryali
    Options
    It's all promised in the Bible we believe. Not everyone gets in. Sorry. God is pretty strict in his immigration policy. First order is that you have to believe in him. I am pretty certain that lets most of you out, for now.

If this "heaven" is full of people like you, I'm glad I'm not allowed in. Since you think you know your bible, did you overlook this little snippet?

Judge not lest ye be judged
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

I'm sorry that you felt that my comments were directed toward you, that couldn't be further from the truth. I was directing my comment to the OP So that she might save herself some grief in the future. I sincerely hope you didn't take offense because none was intended. Have a great evening.

Sorry. A lot of people seem to be thinking I'm some troll or bully, so I assumed another was jumping on the bandwagon. I'm also cranky, so excuse the post above.
This discussion has been closed.