How do I make my Pea Protein taste good?

Options

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:

I am respectful of your choice to lead a life as a Vegan.

Is there anyway you could get your proteins by eating them ? Like pulses (beans, lentils), quinoa, tofu, edamame, garbanzos ?

Any processed protein will cost you money. You told us you are a student.

If you can eat fish, try to cook it yourself.

Good luck in your journey to a healthy life.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    yeah i can have gluten :) and its pulsin, everyone said that was the best one. might look into some protein bar recipes.
    And to the ignorant guy who assumes i cant eat nutritionally on a vegan diet you have no idea how wrong you are. please tell me what nutrients im apparently missing. because the 2 blood tests are get a year are failing to.

Who said you can't eat a nutritious vegan diet? Besides, you aren't on a vegan diet. You eat fish.

If you're trying to become healthy by attempting to go vegan, stop now. You can do better by eating a balanced diet that includes dairy, fish and eggs. It's also a lot easier to get the protein you need.

If you're trying to become vegan for moral reasons, I'm confused as to why eating an unfertilized egg or drinking milk is worse than killing fish.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I added it to veggie broth and made a soup. A few spices, and it almost tastes like split pea. Throw in some orzo and spinach, and you've got a really decent vegan meal with plenty of protein.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    yeah i can have gluten :) and its pulsin, everyone said that was the best one. might look into some protein bar recipes.
    And to the ignorant guy who assumes i cant eat nutritionally on a vegan diet you have no idea how wrong you are. please tell me what nutrients im apparently missing. because the 2 blood tests are get a year are failing to.

Even though I didn't post it....I'll jump in........How are you getting your BCAAs? How much protein are you getting per day currently? How many calories are you eating per day? What exactly are you expecting the blood tests to tell you? What are they testing exactly......There are lots of unhealthy/malnourished people that get good screeens from bloodtests......not saying you are one of them.

I get all my 9 needed amino acids from plant sources, you just have to have a varied diet, normally eating 30-40g of protein a day and 1200-1400 calories, im not complaining that i dont get enough protein, i was just looking for recipes but everyone likes to always jump in and be like "you need more protein else blah blah blah" get blood tests for all the main vitamins, b12, calcium, haemoglobin, some other ones that i dont really remember and too lazy to look. I dont have any problems and i'm as healthy as ever
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Got to be honest, personally I gave up on the idea of using pea protein. It make whatever I added it to foul and makes wheatgrass shots taste like heaven in comparison. I'm willing to give it another try if anyone posts an easy go-to recipe they swear by.
  • kennie2
    Options
    Hi:

I am respectful of your choice to lead a life as a Vegan.

Is there anyway you could get your proteins by eating them ? Like pulses (beans, lentils), quinoa, tofu, edamame, garbanzos ?

Any processed protein will cost you money. You told us you are a student.

If you can eat fish, try to cook it yourself.

Good luck in your journey to a healthy life.

yeah normally i get it from other sources but i have some laying in the cupboard so i wanted to use it up :)
  • kennie2
    Options

Who said you can't eat a nutritious vegan diet? Besides, you aren't on a vegan diet. You eat fish.

If you're trying to become healthy by attempting to go vegan, stop now. You can do better by eating a balanced diet that includes dairy, fish and eggs. It's also a lot easier to get the protein you need.

If you're trying to become vegan for moral reasons, I'm confused as to why eating an unfertilized egg or drinking milk is worse than killing fish.

your sarcastic comment of "good luck with your nutrition goals" did.
    Im not attempting to go vegan. I could, and i had for a year but i chose not to. and eating eggs and milk is worse than seafood as youre having to torture the cows and chickens which is a lot worse than killing fish or other seafood. And i get enough protein i just wanted ways to use up pea protein
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    IF YOU LIKE CHOCOLATE, USE SOME HERSHEY'S BITTER COCOA MIXED WITH HOT WATER, ADD THAT TO YOUR SHAKE AND A LITTLE SPLENDA (IF YOU USE IT,OR ANOTHER NICE SWEETENER, OR EVEN SUGAR). THAT WILL MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE DRINKABLE, I DO THAT TO ALL SHAKES CAUSE THEY ARE ALL NASTY.
  • BeachIron
    Options

Im not attempting to go vegan. I could, and i had for a year but i chose not to. and eating eggs and milk is worse than seafood as youre having to torture the cows and chickens which is a lot worse than killing fish or other seafood. And i get enough protein i just wanted ways to use up pea protein

Ah, yes. I could try and help but you seem unduly angry.

Good luck with your nutrition goals.
  • Thyme4change
    Thyme4change Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For easiness I use the Vega protein powders. They are vegan if I am correct. I believe no whey as well. Vega is pricy but well worth it and taste amazing. Sweetened w stevia.

Everyday breakfast smoothie I use Vega Energizing Smoothie Chocolate. 11g protein. Plus it has a lot of nutrients as well!

Post workout It's Vega sports Preformance. 24g protein. It protein packed but without all the other stuff that the energizing smoothie has like flax, inulin...I am just now incorporating the sports preformance into my routine....I think I will make a large smoothie use both pre n post work out..

1scp vega sports
    2c almond milk chocolate unsweetened
    1-2 scoops amazing grass chocolate
    1/2-1 frozen banana
    1T chia
    1T flax meal
    Pinch salt
    2T liquid calcium
    Ice

Good Luck!

Ps, since vega is plant based protein I have a little issue w bloating. However, I have started drinking a lot more water which is helping. The benefits far out weight the gas by far IMO.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Chickens lay eggs naturally - how are they being tortured????
    Milking a cow is not torture to a cow - its been done for centuries.

Killing a fish - the fish is now DEAD. Not living, not able to be food again. How is natural laying of eggs, simple milking of a cow worse than KILLING??

You said 30-40g of protien a day. Thats is not enough to be honest, but if it works for you.... great to hear! If you are really set about not going the Whey route then I'd suggest you mix your Pea Protein in foods such as soup. Or you can juice; add Pea Protein to carrot/apple juice w/ a teaspoon of lemon juice. It should knock out the "dirt" taste.
  • kennie2
    Options

seeing as you have already failed to help in the last 5 posts i think i'll do fine without your input :)
  • kennie2
    Options
    For easiness I use the Vega protein powders. They are vegan if I am correct. I believe no whey as well. Vega is pricy but well worth it and taste amazing. Sweetened w stevia.

Everyday breakfast smoothie I use Vega Energizing Smoothie Chocolate. 11g protein. Plus it has a lot of nutrients as well!

Post workout It's Vega sports Preformance. 24g protein. It protein packed but without all the other stuff that the energizing smoothie has like flax, inulin...I am just now incorporating the sports preformance into my routine....I think I will make a large smoothie use both pre n post work out..

1scp vega sports
    2c almond milk chocolate unsweetened
    1-2 scoops amazing grass chocolate
    1/2-1 frozen banana
    1T chia
    1T flax meal
    Pinch salt
    2T liquid calcium
    Ice

Good Luck!

Ps, since vega is plant based protein I have a little issue w bloating. However, I have started drinking a lot more water which is helping. The benefits far out weight the gas by far IMO.

oh that shake sounds good! I would get vega but its ridiculously expensive haha
  • BeachIron
    Options

seeing as you have already failed to help in the last 5 posts i think i'll do fine without your input :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kennie2
    Options

Killing a fish - the fish is now DEAD. Not living, not able to be food again. How is natural laying of eggs, simple milking of a cow worse than KILLING??

You said 30-40g of protien a day. Thats is not enough to be honest, but if it works for you.... great to hear! If you are really set about not going the Whey route then I'd suggest you mix your Pea Protein in foods such as soup. Or you can juice; add Pea Protein to carrot/apple juice w/ a teaspoon of lemon juice. It should knock out the "dirt" taste.

because unless you live on a farm and have your own cows and chickens things arent that simple. Animals are kept in horrid conditions and such things which id rather not go into on this post, not to mention that for cows to give milk they have to be impregnated and what happens to the calf then?
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

this made me giggle. I don't know how it works in America but here in England we do not torture our chickens, they lay eggs every day all by themselves !! Haha... and milking a cow does not stand up to the torture claim either I'm afraid. There are some crazy chicks on here who have real issues with 'food'
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options

because unless you live on a farm and have your own cows and chickens things arent that simple. Animals are kept in horrid conditions and such things which id rather not go into on this post, not to mention that for cows to give milk they have to be impregnated and what happens to the calf then?

You make very simple things way too complex. And seem to have an excuse for everything.

So heres the simple advice: Either go with Whey or find ways to mix the Pea Protein in different foods/drinks to rid the dirt taste! Called trial and error - soon you'll find a good blend.

//end post
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

buy organic then. You seem kind of confused. If you morally object to taking an egg or milk from a cow... why don't you object to hooking a fish and eating it's flesh?
  • kennie2
    Options

You make very simple things way too complex. And seem to have an excuse for everything.

So heres the simple advice: Either go with Whey or find ways to mix the Pea Protein in different foods/drinks to rid the dirt taste! Called trial and error - soon you'll find a good blend.

//end post

that was all i was asking for, just some recipes!! not a lecture on things totally not related to this conversation.
    Sometimes these forums really make me lose hope in humanity
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Generally females are reared for milking........males are raised for beef or veal (as well as wallets, belts, boots, etc)