Can't stop losing weight, how do I eat more calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    You should talk to your psychiatrist while eating avocados. I am sure he or she has some great ideas that will help you recover from your food phobias.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options

also, to all the snarkers here, shame on you! someone genuinely wants to stop losing weight and do so in a healthy way and all you have for advice is "have more cake. you were losing too fast anyways, you're unhealthy. stop working out"

What's wrong with cake? If you think I feel shamed then you are sorely mistaken.

In the context of an otherwise good diet where portion size is being exercised and nutritional bases covered off there is absolutely nothing wrong with food which has a high calorie density with little volume. If anything that's exactly what he needs.

Yeah, he could get it from nuts, dried fruit or whatever.

He could also get it from cake.

Agreed. But if he (?) starts the topic with "please, healthy options" then cake really isn't one, now is it?

me, I'm on maintenance, now - though still trying to balance things out... so most of the time I try to eat healthy, calorie-dense foods in moderation. and then something like last weekend happens, lol.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wait, what's unhealthy about cake?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Agreed. But if he (?) starts the topic with "please, healthy options" then cake really isn't one, now is it?

me, I'm on maintenance, now - though still trying to balance things out... so most of the time I try to eat healthy, calorie-dense foods in moderation. and then something like last weekend happens, lol.

Lol - well, that happens to the best of us.

Don't get me wrong. I believe having your core healthy balanced diet firmly in place is very important not only for losing weight but also for long term weight maintenance.

However, sometimes people can swing too far the other way and if your diet is too "clean" for want of a better word sometimes it is really difficult to eat enough calories (due to high levels of satiety.) I was thinking the OP simply wanted ways to get his weight up and they didn't necessarily have to be "healthy." Could be me misinterpreting things though. It has been known to happen. I think the last time was the summer of 1984. It was a balmy summer as I remember and the daffodils had bloomed late....
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    here are some ideas for adding healthy calories:

Chicken with the skin
    Steak
    Cheese
    Whole eggs (including deviled eggs, egg salad)
    Full fat dairy (including cottage cheese, yogurt)
    Fruit,
    Peanut butter or other nut butters
    Nuts
    Avocado
    Dried fruit (raisins, apricots, apples)
    Brown rice
    Dark chocolate
    Salmon
    Add Chia seeds to salads or yogurt
    Olive oil
    Smoothies
    Granola/sports nutrition bars