How I suck at weight loss

Options
Yanicka1
Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
I have been here for 900 days now, more than 2 years and lost about 20 pounds, didn’t run a marathon, didn’t win bikini figure competition and still can’t do a freaking pull up to save my life.
Why put this on success story then?

Because each and every one of those pounds have been a battle. Nothing in those 900 days has been easy. Not eating 10 cookies for desert….not easy. Having to weight and log what I eat….not easy. Getting up my bottom and exercising……..really freaking hard. It was all hard….but it was also all worth it.

What is worth doing is rarely easy.

Before I got pregnant with my 13 years old son, I was a size 2 at 110 pounds but gained 45 pounds with him and didn’t lose those pounds, in fact, I gained even more because of post partum depression. The highest I have ever been is 165-170 pounds on my 4’11” frame. Obese. I was obese and unhappy in my day to day life. When my son turned 1, I separated from my son father and found myself again. I was able to go down to about 135 pounds by just eating less and walking everywhere since I didn’t have a car anymore. Then realized my lifelong dream of being a surrogate mother and gave birth to 4 precious little persons. I also got pregnant of my daughter on the middle of 2 surrogacies. After every pregnancy, I was able to get down to 135-128 pounds. After my last pregnancies, I got really sick with high blood pressure and diabetes ……that taste of sickness what has been motivating me for the last 2 years. My weight had nothing to do with being sick but I knew I would do anything to not have to deal with those kinds of health problems. Also I have won the genetic lottery with my grandmother and mother both having a heart attack at 46.

6030453097_49b6a13ce9.jpg
IMG_2717 by yanicka.hachez, on Flickr

Like everyone and their mother, I was put on a 1200 calories a day diet and did cardio galore…anyone on my friend list know how much I hate cardio…..with a hot fiery passion but I did it because it is what you have to do to lose weight. I did lose weight….about 15 pounds in about 3 months….not bad, but I was just a smaller version of my fatter self.

6244928159_bbcc74efd8.jpg
dan,kids party, liam poop , lucie dogs 037 by yanicka.hachez, on Flickr

When I decided to lift heavy, almost nobody else here was doing it. It was scary but I knew that it was what I had to do in order to change my body.

I never loved myself……even at 110 pounds. I remember quitting synchronized swimming at 12 because I felt fat. Now for the first time at almost 40 years old, I am slowly learning to love myself even with the stretch marks and the disappearing boobs. I have nice legs……coming for someone that is a pear shape, it mean a lot. I have nice arms and shoulders. I am in love with my collar bone.

8644335205_b7b207576e.jpg
SAM_2405 by yanicka.hachez, on Flickr
8666899438_a8bd052a5e.jpg
IMG_20130420_180414 by yanicka.hachez, on Flickr

I had time in those 900 days where I wanted to quit since I was going nowhere fast but I am happy I didn’t……because time will pass whether you do it or you don’t.

TL:DR I did it slowly but surely

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Yan, and ya look great!! Keep at it, and yes it does take time....and no nothing is easy *hugzz* \m/
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE that last picture of you! You kill it every day and you've earned that bangin' bod! :drinker:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    You are a rockstar...and my inspiration..to look the way you do ..and having PCOS..amazeballs!
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    wtg!!! very inspirational!!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I loved your post. You have a beautiful soul as well as a beautiful body. Also, what a beautiful person you are to give the gift of life to parents who cannot do it on their own. It requires a lot of selflessness, and in the midst of raising your own children, I am sure it was not easy.

You should be so proud of yourself for going 900 days and keeping up with the battle. You are truly an inspiration.

Here's to another 9000 days and thanks for sharing your story!
  • jc501
    jc501 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • luv86elle
    luv86elle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! That's awesome that you were able to be a surrogate, too. What a great gift to give!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Way to rock that tiny dress!
    You are amazing
  • OnMyWay2Me2
    OnMyWay2Me2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wowwwwwww!!!! Great job!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Options
    Way to rock that tiny dress!
    You are amazing

Thank you. I won't wear it outside special events but from the girl that never wore a skirt, it is really the best example of how things changed for me.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You rule Yanicka! :smooched:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I really enjoyed reading it. You look fantastic!!! :love:
  • Yanicka1
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I really enjoyed reading it. You look fantastic!!! :love:

Thank you dear. It is not a very sellable story because I say that it is hard and take time but it is what it is
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I love this story because I, too, suck at weight loss! Your legs look amazing, by the way! I'm also a pear shape, so I can't wait until I like my legs.

congrats!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I am honored to be your friend :)

Amazing job!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Great story and how about those babies! AWESOME right there. I struggled with many years of infertility. How amazing that you've done surrogacy for others. AMAZING! I have a friend who has done several....all of them being twin pregnancies and shes about do it all again. Congrats on your transformation. You look great...and you don't look near 40! Way to go!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and so inspiring! I "suck" at it too, but am persistent. Happy 900th day!! :heart:
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!! Awesome job!
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow. Keeping at it for so long and pushing through- that is inspiring. It IS hard to not eat 10 cookies for dessert and it IS hard to get up and move when you don't want to. Thank you for sharing. I love that you persevered and I love that you can see the beautiful and not dwell on the imperfections. We ALL could use a little more of that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!