Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    pure awesomenessin a tiny package :)

R
    Thank you dear
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    All I can say is Hot Mamma - look at you in all your awesomeness. And as one of your pals I know just how hard you are working day in day out for this awesome hot body!!
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love this post! I sometimes feel like every success story has a "and now I love exercise" ending - but I too HATE cardio, and wanting to move onto lifting!
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but wanted to thank you for your inspirational and refreshingly honest story. Keep up the great work!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

Pathetic bumping of my own success story
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Looking lovelier every day Yanicka, always inspirational!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

Pathetic bumping of my own success story

No, thank goodness you did. It would have been a shame to miss this and I'm so glad I didn't. Things will change slower for me than most people, no way around that. I love seeing your story and how fantastic you look. Makes my pace that much easier to ignore. Thank you pretty lady!
  • mrmak1
    mrmak1 Posts: 2
    Options
    wow great story...keep it up...900 days. I need to get busy..:smile:
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Awesome work and post- thanks so much for sharing!

Especially meaningful because I am also 4'11, but I'd also like to be a surrogate- and I am too fat to do so right now. :(. Not only am I working this hard for me, my kids, but also for the baby I hope to carry some day for someone else, once I get down to the acceptable weight to be considered.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    THANKS! I have had a bad few days. I have been reading these " I lost 50lbs in 3 months" success stories. I have struggled with each and every lb I have lost. I am 44yrs old and have COPD, and some days when i read the success stories I am awed and inspired, and then for some reason, the last few days the success stories have made me feel like a failure. I have been steadilty losing, I exercise pretty much every day and have had ups downs, ooopsies and break-throughs, I NEEDED to read your story today!
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You look completely amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. It's an amazing example that loving how you look isn't just about how much you weigh.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I think that it's harder for people who are overweight by less than those who are really heavy. When you are really heavy and get cranking on watching foods and exercising, the weight tends to drop off in big chunks.

I have older two sisters who are skinny minis, both under 140 lbs. They also have a completely different body type than I do.

But they have found their weigh increasing as they got older. So when they had to take off ten or twenty pounds, it took them much longer and it was harder for them to do then it was for me to lose forty. I was losing a couple pounds a week and they weren't.

I think that your photos are amazing and you have held firm for the long-term and kept going even without seeing those losses that the grocery store magazines write about "Drop two dress sizes in ten days!".

We are all in this battle here, but it's a battle against our old selves and we're winning! Congrats on your win!!

Jan
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I really needed to read this today…
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow. Very inspirational. Keep up the great work.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I really needed it! I hate cardio with a passion, too, and I was getting down with all of the success stories that pushed cardio.

In fact, one of my dear friends IRL is on MFP, too, and I've agreed to do Insanity with her. We're supposed to start tonight. I'm DREADING it.....

It's nice to know that you can lose the weight, take your time and just enjoy the journey!

You look AMAZING!!! And thank you again for sharing your story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!