How do you deal with HeartBreak??

Options
124»

Replies

• lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 368
    Options
    Take up boxing? You might get a few hits at you, which you said you thought
    would feel better but once you realise you don't wanna feel anymore pain, you'll
    be coming up hitting. In fact you'll not only lose weight but get power over your
    heart again..
    just a thought. :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Take up martial arts. You can always visualize your opponent as the one that broke your heart, and take out some of that frustration in a structured environment.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I take it as a good opportunity to focus on what I want for myself, and I then start doing things for myself. I reclaim the time and effort that I had given to the other person as my own. The greatest improvements I've made for myself have come after heartbreak.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I cry it out. A lot. Eventually, you inevitably realize you're better off without that person. I'm still waiting for that to happen, but I know it will. :) I definitely do not let it sabotage my weight loss. Screw that.

Hope you feel better soon. Actually, you will. No doubt about it.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Becoming a better person is the best "revenge". I don't think that revenge should be your goal. But, it really does have an effect on the ex when you do better for yourself. You are already on the way and screwing that up won't do you any good and the ex really won't care if you do. So, stay on point, grieve, and keep moving toward your goals.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options

As far as heartbreak, I rationalize everything. If he/she/it were good for me, he/she/it would care about me and still want to be in a relationship with me. He/she/it no longer wants to be in a relationship with me, therefore he/she/it is no good for me. If he/she/it is no good for me, I do not want to be around him/her/it. I might be mildly annoyed that he/she/it beat me to terminating what was obviously an unproductive relationship, but I would feel like that was a failure on my part to correctly evaluate the relationship. And just like that, heartbreak disappears in a puff of logic, and I am left with only a small sense of intellectual inadequacy. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

The rational side of me likes this. It's good to remember all of these points. It's also good to remember that you don't HAVE to quit loving the person. You just have to quit expecting anything from them. And when you think of all the above made points, you probably can fall out of love with them fairly quickly.

First off, love your Fin and Jake ticker... Im gonna have to use that and yest, I love her quote and yours. My expectations were extremly high and they were there for a moment... But after awhile, I guess people think they dont have to try because your going to be there... When I complained it was like the perfect out... smh

Thanks :) People like that aren't worth it. If they valued you the way you valued them, they would communicate and work it out. Waiting for someone to point out that you're being aloof, and then using that as an out is passive aggressive, and effed.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I vented to my friends, I joined meetup social groups to meet new people and reconnected with old friends to find out the possiblilites. Definitely keep moving forward and take it a day at a time.