Any bike riding success stories

Options
124»

Replies

• EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My Highest weight was 370 I started at MFP at 349 in Oct of last year I started riding my 20 year old Giant Nutra Hybrid a week later it is the majority of my exercise the first time I rode around our corner on it I felt like I was 12 again and knew I was in LOVE we had a mild winter and I was able to ride every week outside not every day but every week. I have been allowing life to get in the way a bit since May but about to tighten things up and back to riding 6 days a week. I have dropped 4 clothes sizes since Oct last year I have dropped width size in shoes my first ride was .75 miles my longest ride so far is 17 miles... generally I do between 3-10 miles at a time I am still 318 lbs but am improving my speed we have WIND here in Texas to deal with lol My blood workup numbers have improved since riding and my endurance and flexibility - well Oct 1 last year I had to have help stepping up onto a curb and picked my clothes out of a dryer with a plastic picker/reacher Life ain't like that any more and for me it is the calorie watch, learning bout proper nutrition for me and my needs, and the meditation in motion or as most people call it cycling. and a big thanks to my MFP friends
  • Jdkrupnick
    Options
    I was 385 last fall and thought that hopping back on the bike would be a good idea, took me about 45 minutes to do 5 miles in the woods. Winter hit and I put it away, joined MFP and did my workouts indoors but hit a wall at around 325lbs after about 6 months. The weather broke here in April and I got back on it, now I'm doing 12 miles 4 times a week in the woods in less than 55 minutes on my lunch break when I work from home and I'm down another 20 lbs.

Getting over that hump was nice however I think the gains I made in my fitness level was more important. I feel great, I'm no longer gasping for breath when I do my normal workouts and that has me wanting to push harder each day.
  • RaeRum82
    RaeRum82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!