Does anyone else work out two hours a day?

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    No. I do 30 minutes a day 5-6 days a week, mostly strength training. Two hours a day is overkill for most people.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I walk every morning for about 45mins.. thinking about going to the gym as well after work some days.
    But would be mostly weights.
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Not on your life.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    no way
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the time these days. I am a teacher. So, during the summer I will workout for two hours (one hour of cardio or strength training and one hour of yoga or pilates) but I don't have the time during the school year. I do enjoy it!
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I got stuck at 193 for two weeks too ... that was super frustrating. (I've since moved past it, but man it was FRUSTRATING).

My current schedule looks like this:
    Monday: ripped in 30, c25K
    Tuesday, ripped in 30
    Wednesday: ripped in 30, c25K
    Thursday: zumba (sometimes pilates after, but not always)
    Friday: ripped in 30, c25K
    Saturday: rest

then repeat, starting with Sunday instead of Monday.

I eat between 1700-1900 cal a day and don't eat back my exercise cal.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I will never work out intensely for 2 hours. No way no how, even if I could do more than 5 minutes. But, slow burning. I might get to the point where I do that all day long. I am hoping to find a moderately active job and when I am not working, well I will just watch tv while pacing back and forth or I will dance a couple hours a night( slow not at a frantic aerobic pace) and I will take some long walks daily. And I will never put myself on a starvation 1000 calorie a day diet, that would be a sure fire way to set myself up for a year long binge.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    20 days isn't really a plateau, and if you're only eating 1000 calories it's no surprise that you're stuck.

Exercise: On the days that I lift (3 x per week), I walk to and from the gym which is an hour round trip. I warm up, lift for about an hour or 1.5 hrs, tops (depends how I'm feeling), then I foam roll and stretch and go home. So yes, I suppose on those days I'm exercising for 2-2.5 hrs. I workout for about an hour on the other days which is when I do stuff at home. I also walk or something those days. But I don't spend 2 hrs doing intense exercise, ever.

No way could I do that with only 1000 calories a day.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I workout about 2 hours 5 days a week. I feel fine and it works for me; I'm sure others will hate the idea, but to each their own, why not try it for a week or so and see if it works for you? My calorie intake is about 1300/day, I try to not eat back ALL my excersise calories back, I've lost more inches than I have weight, on THAT aspect I have pretty much remained the same.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    2hrs a day? What are eating at?
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Early on, I did 2-1/2 hours of vigorous elliptical 3 or 4 days a week and eating 1400 to 1700 calories a day and this worked well for me. After I lost the first 50 pounds (a few months), backing off to an hour a day max was the first change I made.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I work out for about 1.5 hours, 3 or 4 times a week. It's a mixture of cardio and strength/weight training, varying intensity. I've only just started, so I'm getting the hang of knowing what to do and when to do it.

If you are planning to work out for 2 hours a day, you need to make sure you are increasing your calories to compensate and to fuel your body, otherwise it'll be pointless and your metabolic rate will plummet. Combine decent exercise with clean eating and your metabolic rate will soar :)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Uhm lets see, I try to keep my cals at 1200 a day, but if I work out I usually tend to eat more like a protein shake or something, nothing to heavy or high cal. My diet consists of mainly fruits and lean cuisines because i'm allergic to fish and cant cook very well (literally almost poisoned my family more than once because my cooking is that bad lol) I am to make sure my salt does not go over 2000mg a day, and I drink 3 Liters or more of water a day

I have lost 13 inches so far, and 20lbs...but the past 20 days I have stalled and thats killing my motivation so Im trying to renew it again by switching things up. I usually swim and lift weights 4 days a week for an hour.
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    and to that one person above my goal is not to destroy my body my goal is to learn that is why I am asking the question, I was told that 1200 a day is a good target on days when you dont workout and on days when I do work out I eat more
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from the kitchen. Focus on your nutrition and calorie deficit. You can cut out starches ,grains, processed / premade foods.. and drink A LOT of water..

Change something up to shock your system.

If you feel like you are plateauing, I find the best thing to do is switch it up. Change up how you do your cardio, how intense it is, switch your weights to higher weights / less reps, or lower weights / more reps.

Just change something up from your routine.

I started doing intermittent fasting when I plateau'd and the weight started falling off again.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Also, I just had a check of your diary and apart from the fact you are eating too little, the things you are eating (lean cuisine meals, which I assume are ready meals) are packed with additives and sodium and will retain weight - it would be better to up your calories, cook fresh food (where possible) and then do exercise.
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    That is what I would think to, I dont really understand the hole net calorie thing
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Most days I do, but I do include 15 mins stretching in that. Some days less (Sunday I run) and some days more (today 50 mins squash 1st thing, and 2 hours in the gym this evening). I do it because I enjoy it, and I mix up my work outs. For me, its better than sitting in front of the tv or going down the pub. I also get to eat between 2,500 - 3000 calories a day, even on my rest day. I do not look like a Victoria Secrets model :laugh:
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    2hrs a day? What are eating at?

1000 calories a day.

Why do you keep saying 1000 cals a day, I havent finished logging for today and I eat more when I workout. My eating without exercise usually ranges at 1200 cals, when I work out its closer to 1900 cals
  • girlPaula
    girlPaula Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do twice a day - 6 days a week totally about 100 minutes..