5K Times

Options
I am training for my first 5K in August. I am curious to know some of your best 5K times, just for some extra knowledge! Thanks =0)

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    21:27 last week!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    official racetime: 34:10 (first ever)

In training recently 32:18 (I am not very fast)
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    34:40. I'm not very fast either.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was 31:28, now my time is 30:03! Hoping for under 30 next eace
  • sydneywb86
    sydneywb86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Whew!! All of you put me to shame! Ran my first 5k almost a month ago with a finish time of 38:10... I was damn proud of it though, especially since in training I had trouble getting under 40. Best of luck OP!
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna make all y'all feel better and say that I WALKED my first 5K last weekend, and it took just over an hour. Doing another this weekend, and hoping to get it under 50 minutes.
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Used to be 40 mins. Now it's 25 with very little effort. Persistence pays off.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Fastest 5k with jogging stroller: 29:52
    Fastest solo 5k: 28:01

For some reason I thought there would be more of a difference.
  • Run_Forever
    Run_Forever Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My first 5km was a little over 30 minutes, that was 10 years ago and I haven't stopped running since. My current time is just under 20 minutes but I'm hoping to be under 18 minutes by the end of this year.
  • Lysander666
    Options
    Interesting tread. Next 5K I do I'm really going to push it. Will be interesting to see what I come up with.
  • RabidCarrot
    RabidCarrot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My first 5K is next month, my most recent time during training was 29.20
  • Run_Forever
    Options
    If your running 25 minutes with little effort you have huge potential ! You start running under 22 minutes and you will win the odd race or place in the top 3 of your age category.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was 30 minutes. My PR is 26:14. My goal PR is anything UNDER 26 minutes. LOL.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    My fastest 5K ever: 23'31" but I'd like to get around 21
  • Lysander666
    Options
    If your running 25 minutes with little effort you have huge potential ! You start running under 22 minutes and you will win the odd race or place in the top 3 of your age category.

According to Runtastic last one was 25.23. I'll try again in a few days and see what happens. Dunno if I'll be able to make 22, but close to that would be good.
  • Run_Forever
    Options
    It took me 3 years to go from 25 minutes to 22 and then another 3 to go sub 20. Anything is possible if you stick with it.
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Official race time was 33.44! Goal by august is under 30.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    fastest 5k = 25:18

i actually placed 3rd in my age category that year, much to my great surprise. i think i was... 25(?) y/o at the time. maybe 26. couple years ago.
  • TehNoms
    TehNoms Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna make all y'all feel better and say that I WALKED my first 5K last weekend, and it took just over an hour. Doing another this weekend, and hoping to get it under 50 minutes.

I walk mine. I cant run to save my life haha. I believe it took me about an hour for the last one I did. I say hoooooray for us, at least we are getting out there!
  • Onyx3333
    Onyx3333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 39 minutes as of now....I still have 3 moths of training, hopefully I can knock a couple minutes off!