5K Times

Options

Replies

• Onyx3333
    Onyx3333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I hope to be that fast one day!
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    28:20. Hey I'm 52. I'm going to try to get under 25. : )
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    I'm at about 39 minutes as of now....I still have 3 moths of training, hopefully I can knock a couple minutes off!

You can do it!! My first 5K time was 33:26. Trained 3 months and went from about 37:00 to 33:26. Good luck and Have Fun!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Sigh...

Best time is around 35:30. Typical time is around 38. I haven't made much progress. But I have successfully added distance and completed my first half recently. I'm just not built for speed lol.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just did one tonight around my neighborhood... Round and round and round my neighborhood lol... Took me 37:03 minutes, but I am not a fast runner at all.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My very first 5 was 34:04 - did a few after which didn't go as well due to new guides or whatever so those were in the 40-minute range, then had an accident and got sidelined for 3 months. First 5 post-injury was 40:58 and got better from there, at a 10K I did 2 weeks ago when we reached the halfway mark it was 38:25 - doing a 5 on Sunday and we're hoping for a faster time than this
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    26:02 is my best training time. I don't yet have an official race PR since the only 5K I've run was a 1/4 mile short. I really want to get it under 25 this spring.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    If you're curious, you can check some times and see what your age-grade would be. This is how you stack up against others in your age/gender and against world records.

http://www.heartbreakhill.org/age_graded.htm
  • Run_Forever
    Run_Forever Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that link, I've never seen that one before. Really cool :)
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am training for a 5K too and so far can only do 5K in 49:52, but that is walking and running (very slowly), the plan is to straight up run tomorrow.
  • sugardaddy0331
    Options
    Anywhere from 25 - 35 min depending on the night before the race.......the most important thing to remember is HAVE FUN!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    My first timed 5k was last week. 35:12. Got one tomorrow...we'll see what that brings, especially since my running partner won't be with me.:bigsmile:
  • Absterdam
    Absterdam Posts: 50
    Options
    Well i haven't done any running in YEARS but i just signed up for my first 5k, the Electric Run in DC. It isnt until September so ill be training until then :] its more of a party than a race though
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k like 14 years ago and have no clue want the time was. Just recently started loving running. First 5k (Nov 2012) was 39:00, most recent race (Tuesday) was 30:08! I'm super stoked about my progress!
  • carrsieanne
    carrsieanne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hit a new PR last Saturday of 23:40. Going to start training for another in August and hoping to knock a couple minutes off my time!
  • muayqis
    muayqis Posts: 72
    Options
    end of lat year i would have been hitting 22-24 mins.
    prior to that, 20-22 mins
    managed to nudge under 20 on a couple of occasions a few years back.
    I miss running :(
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My best is apparently 26:20, but my average would be closer to 30. Probably 29 minutes. I would like to get faster, but the fact I can do it at all makes me happy.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've NEVER been fast. I'm better with endurance than speed. I don't run fast because I need to pace myself for the long haul. I just like to chill when I run. :laugh: I haven't run a 5k race. I just do long distances, like half and full marathons, but based on my split times, I would say I do a 5k in about 33 minutes. I guess if I wanted to go all out I could get it down to 30...less if zombies were chasing me! :devil:
  • billd935
    billd935 Posts: 11
    Options
    24:17 on a non- technical trail. I was really happy with that at 53 and having only started running again 10 months ago after 15ish years of life getting in the way.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I've been doing ParkRuns the past few Saturdays - these are timed 5km runs in local parks. My PB at those is 31.15, I'm working on getting a sub-30 minute time, but that'll be a few weeks or months yet!