What the world eats

Options
taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
Something interesting I found. Thought its worth sharing. Do notice how pretty much every culture eats completely different foods and yet, from the pictures, most of them look fairly healthy to me.

Mexico
Ej70wyK.jpg

Britain
Ftif1zs.jpg

USA
rgg9pmo.jpg

Australia
fzI6jlg.jpg

Germany (By god these folks DO NOT look happy do they? How can you be mad with so much alcohol in front of you...?)
7tCp79v.jpg

Italy
grval65.jpg

Canadia
j397CO1.jpg

France
vzI3vyH.jpg

Japan
bcx3SpY.jpg

China
Vp90fMy.jpg

Poland
aeXQAyB.jpg

Kuwait
l8NdACG.jpg

Mongolia
tUHKTxc.jpg

Turkey
J1g49ht.jpg

Mali
kFtOnWD.jpg

India
BRbcP1s.jpg

Bhutan
axYIpDU.jpg

Chad
GBkJtKH.jpg

Ecuador
uOqo4mq.jpg

Guatemala
8Wbq60z.jpg

source: imgur[/img]

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Too many jokes . . ..

Can not contain myself . . .

:explode:
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    I'm embarrassed by the UK picture. There is not nearly enough alcohol there for it to represent us truly.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I want to know where the Germans have hidden all the cake and also where the French have hidden all the wine.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Australia= Cigarettes are food
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I want to know where the Germans have hidden all the cake and also where the French have hidden all the wine.

And where the Italians hid all the *****
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I'm embarrassed by the UK picture. There is not nearly enough alcohol there for it to represent us truly.

More importantly, why are they clearly time travellers from 1989?
  • Mutant13
    Options
    And last but not least, somebody needs to mention Poland. I feel like nobody is addressing the elephant in the room.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    And last but not least, somebody needs to mention Poland. I feel like nobody is addressing the elephant in the room.

I see what you did there ...
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Really interesting pix Taunto. I have been to a lot of European countries, the French are skinny, the Italians are skinny (but are not sizists, all sizes are acceptable & the south of Italy is bigger - just in general), the UK eats a lot of sweets and seems to have a chocolate addiction but many are still thin, although a good portion are just like their USA cousins - large.

All the Asian countries - there's a lot of people that eat snack food and sweets, and for the most part they are super slender. An Asian friend on MFP called it the Magic Asian Metabolism but there's a certain percentage don't have that MAM & they're the chubbier ones.

The USA - depends on where you live, the southern USA is filled with larger people who are not eating as healthy but that is changing. There's a lot of "fried" foods in the south and from the south. The Northern cities are filled with people that are super slender, eat only from Whole Foods & Farmers Mkts, are healthy and exercise a lot, so it just depends. It seems there's people much more aware of their food choices now which is good.

Forgot to add Germany - they are really skinny for the most part. I love German food, it's very close to USA food and very nice and mild. They also walk everywhere as do most Europeans which accounts for the reason they are all really slender as opposed to the USA where everyone drives everywhere and therefore the fat level is higher imho.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    'Canadia' isn't a country. Just sayin'....
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised there was no McDonalds and KFC or pizza in the Australian picture. I mean, really? Aren't they allowed to display US brands that have become a staple for many or is it only local produce that is allowed. Also, over what length of time is the amount of food meant to represent? A day, a week, a month?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised there was no McDonalds and KFC or pizza in the Australian picture. I mean, really? Aren't they allowed to display US brands that have become a staple for many or is it only local produce that is allowed. Also, over what length of time is the amount of food meant to represent? A day, a week, a month?

I believe this was just a grocery store shopping for a week represented. I can't believe I missed pointing this out :(
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

I believe this was just a grocery store shopping for a week represented. I can't believe I missed pointing this out :(

Looks like a rural farming family...no access to convenience foods like McDonalds?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I dunno... most of the Australians in that photo look sort of chubby.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options

THE WORLD WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE GRAND PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED EMPIRE OF CANADIA!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

THE WORLD WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE GRAND PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED EMPIRE OF CANADIA!

Is this a thing Canada does since South Park told us all to 'BLAME CANADA' ?
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I dunno... most of the Australians in that photo look sort of chubby.

This is like a game of "where's Wally"... Spotted mcdonalds on oven. Looking for the XXXX (Aussie beer) now ...
  • cathiex
    cathiex Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I see McDonald Cookies on the left side of the photo.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    They're all fascinating photos & it's interesting to see them all together.

I couldn't see any meat / fish / cheese in the British photo - can you?

There's a heck of a lot of people eating a modest amount of food in the Bhutan photo, and I really had a shock when we flipped to sacks of grain and stuff instead of packets and bottles when we came to Mali.

Another interesting point - the countries where tap water isn't drunk (is it not safe or is it from a desalination plant?) and BIG canisters of water or huge packs of smaller water bottles appear.

An eye-opener, thanks Taunto
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Just noticed, the Brits have included packets of cat and dog food!! :laugh:

Edited to add - Ok, I see the other pet owners (France & Poland) have pet food in there too :smile: