What the world eats

Options

Replies

• ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'd actually be really interested to see what my family consumes in a typical week in one display like that without having to empty my fridge onto the dining room table.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I was about to call BS at first on the British photo cause I didn't see the Weetabix. Also seeing their Mars which is called Milky way in the US, made me smile.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Wow, how old are the photos? Those brand labels are ancient :bigsmile:
  • DanielleJoy129
    Options
    First of all, Canadia? Was that intentional?

Second of all, I want the Kuwaiti kitchen!
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I was about to call BS at first on the British photo cause I didn't see the Weetabix. Also seeing their Mars which is called Milky way in the US, made me smile.

No, Mars are Mars and Milky Ways are Milky Ways, made by Mars, in both countries.
  • sarahdkurtz
    sarahdkurtz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Interesting..
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I can't see any tea in the UK picture lol

Edited: ok, one measly box of PG Tips and that's it?!
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options

No, Mars are Mars and Milky Ways are Milky Ways, made by Mars, in both countries.

I googled it.....since I have NEVER seen a MIlky Way in Canada. http://www.candyblog.net/blog/item/milky_way_mars_canada_uk

They are the same bar with a different name.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed by the UK picture. There is not nearly enough alcohol there for it to represent us truly.

I can't find any in the USA picture. Definite props for those pizzas though
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't know how in the world the american family looks to lean on that diet.... I used to eat just like that and was horribly chubby....
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed by the UK picture. There is not nearly enough alcohol there for it to represent us truly.

There's a pack of Budweiser in the back, under the Diet Coke.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    It would have been fun to post a pic of the supplies I bought for a week of feeding the branding crew...over $1000.00 spent at Costco and grocery store in one day---gotta remember to get a picture of the back of the pick up truck next time!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

There's a pack of Budweiser in the back, under the Diet Coke.

What, no micro brews?!
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    I want to know where the Germans have hidden all the cake and also where the French have hidden all the wine.

I mostly wanted to know where the French hid all the garlic.. there was a distinct lack of it.

Polish... noticed alot of sausage going on there
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I actually own the coffee table book with all these images in it. It is meant to be a commentary on who eats what around the world. I think it is fascinating, and I want to eat like they do in Bhutan, or Guatemala. Thanks for posting, Taunto! You rock! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I don't know how in the world the american family looks to lean on that diet.... I used to eat just like that and was horribly chubby....

+1

And I see a lot of chubby people in those photos, certainly people who would be considered overweight. I guess it goes to show that no matter WHAT you eat, when you eat too much of it you become overweight. Neat pictures!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I approve of the diet coke in the Canadian pic. First thing I noticed actually:)
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing - so interesting!!
  • Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The people from Chad... :'(
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    The people from Chad... :'(

Yah that. Even with them living in what appears to be a refugee camp, they look like they had more fresh veggies than the American family.

Thanks for posting this - it really put things into perspective.