Lose 30 LB IN 30 DAYS CHALLENGE!

Options
Hello my name is Lindsay i been over weight most my life and the last 6 months i been loseing but really really slow, the last 2 months i dont think i lose anything i dont know why but its making me really mad . My cuz wedding is coming up in June 22 and i want to lose 30 or more pounds and i thought i would post a challange. i would like to get alot of ppeople on here if u would like tell storys post pics, name foods or work outs that might help , anything to help all of lose

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    No. That kind of weight loss is dangerous.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Realistically you probably shouldn't be trying for more than 10 pounds or so (and even that might be a bit much). If you lose too fast, it's generally unhealthy and you'll likely be left with more loose skin than if you lose slower and allow your entire body to adapt to the new you. Find a wedding dress that complements your figure now and can be taken in a bit closer to the wedding, according to where you are at then.
  • mandfree
    mandfree Posts: 15
    Options
    Most comments you are going to get are going to say that you can't do it and how bad it is for you, but from what I have learned, you can do it. You cannot do that type of dieting long term, but for 30 days if you can be very detailed and strict then it is possible. I would love to lose about 20 before the end of May so I will join you if you want to friend me. Good luck!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    It is not only dangerous it isn't realistic. You want the weight to stay off. Your loss may be slow but it is much healthier. I feel your pain and I know that is not what you want to hear but it really is the way to go. Hang on you can do this.
  • volcano214
    Options
    It sounds like you have hit a "plateau". I see you have lost 37lbs. You have to recalculate you calorie intake by using this equation.

Current weight x 7= Max. calories a day to lose weight.

For example I am 155 lbs:

155 x 7 = 1,085 a day max

However, If I lose 30lbs like you have:

125 x 7 = 875 lbs.

You need recalculate your calories or you will be maintaining your current weight. That is why you are not losing.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    It isn't going to happen!! don't disappoint yourself before you even start
  • CupcakeKaos
    Options
    OK MAYBE 30 IS TO MUCH BUT LIKE I SAID I BEEN STUCK FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS , SO MAYBE I CAN DO 20 POUNDS BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THIS THING IS 20 LB
  • CupcakeKaos
    Options
    VOLCANEO- THANK U FOR THAT :)
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have hit a "plateau". I see you have lost 37lbs. You have to recalculate you calorie intake by using this equation.

125 x 7 = 875 lbs.

You need recalculate your calories or you will be maintaining your current weight. That is why you are not losing.

Wait, so by that equation I should be eating 1127 calories to lose weight? (weigh 161) but I'm eating 1490 cals and losing weight..I'm confused? Where is this equation from may I ask?

To the OP, 30lbs in one month is a steep goal. I'd opt for a 1/2lbs a week and that way you'll be more likely to keep it off. Feel free to add me and I'm always up for motivating people if they do the same for me. If you find you're stuck at a weight then try to switch things up exercise wise, recalculate your calories (TDEE-20% is what I do with great results) and have a wee look at what you are eating and make sure its measured correctly etc.

Best of luck!
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I will shoot for 15 in 30 :-) will that count ?
  • CupcakeKaos
    Options
    I will shoot for 15 in 30 :-) will that count ?

i want to cange it to 20 but i dont know how to get rid of this lol to make it 20LB
  • mandfree
    mandfree Posts: 15
    Options
    I'd like to do 20 by end of May and be summer ready:)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
    i'm at loss for words regarding this post...
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    So By doing the equation below I need to up my calories by 480 to lose weight if I have plateau'd ??

125 x 7 = 875 lbs.

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

125 x 7 = 875 lbs.

...and where did you find this equation?
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    go in for the killl!!! I would love to join you and see what you're doing!! add me if you'd like!!

I only lose about 5-8 lbs a month which is more realistic, but I want to lose more than that.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure it's even possible to lose 30 in 30 days unless you cut off an arm or something..
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm just hoping to lose 10 by the date you have listed :p I've lost 2 of those 10 :)

You have to have a really strict diet and exercise a ton. Not really good for you (or so I've read) but I commence you a good luck!
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Dreams are such a beautiful thing, until reality hits you right in the heart.
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    sweet heart , it takes about 3000 calories to lose 1 single pound. you would have to burn 3000 calories a day to lose 30 lbs. and 2000 calories a day to lose only 20.BUT... heavier women do burn calories faster then average or small women. a friend of mine lost 12 pounds in two weeks then plateaued and gave up. there is a thread on this website with picture of men and woman that lost only 5-10 pounds but lost several inches instead. use your motivation constructively and instead of setting a goal weight just set a goal to eat 100% clean and work out every day to include cardio and weight training. you will be surprised the results youll get after just thirty days whether the scale moves or not. reply if you want me to send you tht thread.