Anyone else craving the unthinkable??

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    hed2pI7l.jpg?1

I've got the bar version in the freezer, and one already pre-tracked in my diary
  • monna32
    monna32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been craving my fav: curry ... and as I cook for my bf (yes and then prepare healthy stuff for me) - I cooked a huge chicken / mushroom / onion / pepper madras curry last Fri. He had it for dinner but when I was washing up there was like 4 table spoonn of sauce with just a few pieces of veggies left in the pan so I thought I may have it for my dinner as a treat with 2 cups of rice... and I had it yesterday - and then you don't want to know where I was sitting all pm (on the loo) ! So even if I have been so god now for over 50 days, I thought one treat day wont do harm - and yes it did not do harm to my diary but my God my stomach was like about to explode! I guess after eating good lean / green / easy to gigest stuff for over 50 days it was no the best idea.... but tasted LOVELY :)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Right about now, I;m craving two totally different meals. The first is Chinese food---specifically, sesame chicken with a side of white rice and an eggroll. I've been craving this since earlier last week, but have been avoiding the damned craving like the plague, thinking that it'd eventually go away and I'd be safe.

The second craving is a chicken sandwich topped with provolone, mayo (hell it can be the light kind for all i care), a big *kitten* mound of sauteed mushrooms, AND a side of ketchup---because I'm a ketchup lover and a side sauce fanatic.

.....Okay all jokes aside, I MUST have that friggin Chinese food!
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You can always make your own healthy version of the burger and that would save some calories! I can normally get 2 burgers for 500 calories, homemade and off good size
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Lol actually, that was the plan....for the chicken sandwich at least. I just can't have one now because it's 6:30 in the A. of M and alas... no mushrooms. :sad:
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I find that when I really crave for something when I do actually get to eat it is I'm disappointed :(
  • MusicLee_
    MusicLee_ Posts: 19
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing I could eat that would have a high enough caloric content to keep me from eating for the rest of the day.

I eat when I'm hungry, and if I have a massive craving, I indulge it. Yay for sustainability!

^^^^ this

and not just for sustainability... but because many cravings are your body's way of telling you something is missing from your diet. So if I start craving (for example) fast food restaurant burgers, a) I'll eat one and b) I'll ask myself what I'm not eating that's making me crave burgers... maybe I'm not getting enough healthy fat, so I'll make more effort to get that. No more cravings. Until the next time, then I do the same. And it doesn't happen often, maybe once every couple of months, usually following a period of not tracking and/or not paying enough attention to getting healthy fat and micronutrients.

A rough guide:

craving fatty foods usually means you're not getting enough healthy fat, or it could be that you're not getting enough calories overall. Or both.

craving sweet foods may be an indication you're not getting enough carbs, or maybe you're not getting enough vitamins (we're primates, most primates eat fruit, fruit is sweet, fruit is full of vitamins that primates need, it's a reasonable suggestion that primates crave sweet things to make them eat fruit to get vitamins)

craving specific comfort foods is more likely to be psychological, but even if you know you're prone to psychological cravings, don't rule out the possibility that your diet is deficient in something as well, because food cravings can have both a physiological and a psychological origin.

Note: my advice is to indulge the craving (while observing good portion control) AND figure out what your body might not be getting enough of, not doing one instead of the other. Excessive restriction does not work for most people. Purely psychological binge eating may be an exception, but a lot of people who think they have a psychological binge eating problem actually have a chronic undereating problem and are in a cycle of bingeing and excessive restriction, more restriction generally makes that problem worse.

^^^this!!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    1. Sleep late tomorrow.

2. Get up, look at the clock, realize it's too late to have both breakfast and lunch.

3. Go out and have that Angus burger for lunch. Make it a small fry and a diet soda--if you've been on a deficit for a while, that burger is going to fill you up.

4. Go home and collapse for an hour or two.

5. When you can move again, get up and go for a long walk, run, hike, bike ride, or go to the gym for at least an hour.

6. Eat the calories you just earned exercising for dinner.

Sounds like a plan!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    hed2pI7l.jpg?1

I've got the bar version in the freezer, and one already pre-tracked in my diary

I hate peanuts. Do you have mars ones?
  • amaysngrace
    Options
    Every now and then we can treat ourselves - if we deny ourselves everything we are going to regret our decision to start a weight loss program and by doing so build negative thoughts and feelings. I don;t see a problem once a fortnight - just be careful you don't get back to the "oh well I blew it - I may as well give up" attitude - rather think "Oh well I had a craving, I've eaten it, tomorrow is another fresh day." Good luck.

Agree.
  • amaysngrace
    Options
    remember your mind is like a 2 year old. this is nothing you can do anything about, it's how we all are.
    when we tell our unconscious we're not doing x, or we can never do x ever again.
    guess what we're thinking about? yes, whatever we said no to
    just like a 2 year old, who is running in the hall and we tell them not to run, all they heard was RUN.
    daycares all over the world know it works better to give positive instruction
    instead say we use walking feet,
    or in your healthy eating habits emphasizing how awesome our jerk chicken kabobs with grilled veggies
    is going to be. or whatever fantastic flavors you enjoy.focusing on eating. lots of tasty veggies, lean meats
    or whatever your diet is requiring, is much more effective than saying I won't eat fast food at this place.
    you need an alternative plan. just saying not to do it, doesn't tell your body what you're doing instead.
    it needs to be replaced with something. if you're quiting smoking, you don't just say, Im just not smoking anymore.
    when everyone goes for a smoke break, you go for a walk, or read, or chew gum. whatever works.

Great advice.

and if you're used to the food you love so much, like if you like ice cream, many people can teach themselves
    to just have a small serving , so it lasts longer, and they can have a little each day. making a big production in your mind of bad foods, clean foods, foods you can never touch again, this all just makes your unconscious want the cookies or ehatever it was.
    instead of hearing NO cookies, it heard COOKIES, and that's what it focuses on.

so try to mostly focus on what you CAN have, and realizing the food isn't evil, some of it makes efficient and long lasting fuel.
    and some of it doesn't.
  • organic0gf
    organic0gf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you haven't eaten one of those monstrosities for 6 months, believe me it will make you sick. Maybe that would be a good way to get rid of that fantasy in your head. Just eat one. Be sure to eat all the trimmings as well. It would only take one time!
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't crave for anything if I want it I just eat it and balance my week around maintaining a calorie deficit. I am quite partial to cheese on toast late evening and still have some occasionally but keep to one slice not two unless I am well under my calories for the day.
  • coldwishes
    Options
    Cookies. Lots and lots of cookies. (especially those massive, chewy chocolate chunks ones) *drools*
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    By unthinkable I was thinking unicorn or dragon or something..

But a burger does sound delicious :D
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Just eat it. It's a burger, not a baby. :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If you haven't eaten one of those monstrosities for 6 months, believe me it will make you sick. Maybe that would be a good way to get rid of that fantasy in your head. Just eat one. Be sure to eat all the trimmings as well. It would only take one time!

So true, this is what ruined pizza for me :grumble:
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Pecan pie with whipped cream. Oh yum.
  • frommichellewithlove
    frommichellewithlove Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was about cannibalism. Never mind

hahahaha "craving the unthinkable" hahahaha
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I want to go to this absolutely amazing Chinese buffet right by my house and gorge myself on food. With Pepsi. Omg I want it bad!