Friends for petite/small framed women!

Options
I'm attempting to get down to 110 or 115 pounds from 126. (I will see if 115 is a good weight for me when I get there) I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago and I'd like to get to a weight I know is healthy for me. I haven't exercised consistently in a long time and I will eat really well for about three or four days and then I give up! I need motivation!

I'm starting 30 day shred on Monday... I'm hoping that wil be a good jumping off point!

Replies

• celinabelle
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but I wish you the best of luck as you get healthy!! Your BMI seems healthy, you may consider trying a body composition analysis that can tell you if you have enough muscle! Just a good starting off point so you don't lose too much weight :)

I'd be happy to motivate!!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am small, 5'2" and have 5 lbs to go to reach my goal weight. I have been doing good on MFP. It is hard being small as you cannot eat very many calories to get to the max/day. Exercise is essential!!
  • bhbarros
    bhbarros Posts: 101
    Options
    Howdy! :P

I'm 5'2 and have been trying to get back to 107 (which I did last Summer, until mean, nasty school got in the way and killed my dreams!) Anyway, starting off at 120 again. The equally sucky and awesome thing about being petite is that any change makes a big difference.
  • ashleygilbert5815
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am also petite, 5'1. I'm trying to get down about 5 more pounds. good old college life/ stress of student teaching has made me put on a few! Hopefully going to get into a set exercise program soon!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Hello..I'm 4'11" and currently 113. I started out at 119. My original goal was 107, based off of my favorite weight for myself in the past, but now I'm thinking 110 will be good. I just upped my calories a bit to what my TDEE will be when I'm 110.

I'm working on toning my muscles. I mostly do yoga, Wii Fit games, walking (just for the fun of it), and strength exercises (all at home).

Add me if you'd like. I love making new friends. :happy:
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'2" or 3" on a Good Day and I'm at 112 right now, trying to get to 110, maybe to 105 by the end of the year. These last few pounds are driving me nuts, but hey, I'll get there! I have a totally open diary - feel free to friend me! :)
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I was just thinking that as petite people, we cannot eat as much as others and have to accept this. I have been maintaining for 9 months at 1400 calories/day. I eat my exercise calories just to get extra!!!!
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Just sent friend request
  • PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5ft1" 25 yr old, I started off around 117 lb, I originally wanted to get down to 110 but when I reached that goal I found I still wasn't quite happy with my body. I bought some calipers and have been trying to lose another 4lb while doing weight training to keep up my muscle mass. It's been very hard for me to lose these last 4lb, I've been maintaining most of the time or yoyo-ing. I exercise 6days a week alternating with early morning fasted 20min jogs and evening sessions in the gym lasting around 45mins. Eating 1300 cals at the moment but my other half reckons I should lower it further to 1200 for a month and see where that gets me.

Gets me down when I don't see the results I want after working hard. I have read the in place of a road map posts but I find if I just go over a couple of days at the weekend it ruins my progress.

I'd like to know if any other small women have cracked the dreaded "last few pounds" stage!

Sorry for the sob story lol, I've just taken my monthly pics tonight and I don't see a whole load of difference in myself so I'm down and hungry lol

Feel free to add me I'm not usually this depressing haha! Good luck!
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm exactly small framed but i'm 5'2". Currently at 128 and my initial goal is to get down to 120. With as much body fat that I have, I think my ultimate goal would be getting down to 115. I can't see myself much smaller than that. Still have the pudge so we shall see. My diary is also open to public.
  • fit_crow
    fit_crow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", so not quite petite I guess, but I am pretty small-framed. I feel small when everyone is always taller! I'm trying to go from 120 back to 105 or so, since that was the weight I felt healthiest at. But that might be too low, so it's more about getting into the groove of healthy eating again and reaching a weight where I'm comfortable.
  • xbeth77x
    xbeth77x Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm not small framed, but I am petite (4'11"). My starting weight was 133 and my goal weight is 110 (I think, I still might change my mind). I love making new shortie friends so add me if you'd like :)
  • rljohnsufl
    rljohnsufl Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2" and I'm at 124 lbs. Since I wear a small or x-small and I have a small frame, people don't understand why I'm trying to lose weight (I call it eating healthy when talking about it). But I'm about 10 lbs heavier than I was a few years ago when I liked how I looked in a swimsuit. So my official goal is 115, but at this point I'd probably settle for 120 if I can get there.

When you're small, losing even a few pounds can be so hard! I was down to 122 before I went on vacation - a few too many drinks and big meals later, and I'm back to 124.

Please feel free to friend me!
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi All..
    SW: 130 CW:118 GW: 110
    Looking to share food logs with other petite ladies. I'm 5'2 trying to manage a 1200 calorie goal. I recently plateaued and realized that I wasn't eating enough calories considering I exercise 4-5 times a week. I've upped my calories and have started losing weight again.
    Also started blogging healthy recipe ideas at www.petitehealth.com.
    Please add me as a friend if you'd like to share food diaries/motivation. Thanks!
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am also petite.. .5'0 even for me. SW: 143 CW:114.. My goal was 115 but just reached it today and think I might try for getting down a couple more. I am planning on upping my calories very soon even though I already eat over 1400 and eat back most of my exercise calories.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    5'3", small-medium frame. Arrived at goal (-16 lb.) in 4 months, started Dec. 25. Now working toward body fat goals, trying to build lean muscle. 1200 + exercise calories dieting, now 1350 + about 200 exercise calories usually. Working on at least 25% protein now. Trying to figure out the next level!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I can't do the "petite friend" thing...sometimes I allow other people's goals to poison my self image. It seems that I'm much larger than what a lot of you are aiming for and that's kind of discouraging (for lack of a better word).
  • charl_hcafc
    charl_hcafc Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm just over 5'2 and for well over a year (Nov 2011 til Nov 2012) I recorded all of my calories, I would only eat 1350 or so a day. Did my research and started exercising a hell of a lot more, introducing weights, and eating whenever I wanted providing it was the right foods.. I cut out bread, white pasta and white rice and starting getting my carbs from veg, whether frozen fresh or canned, brown rice, and wholewheat pasta.
    I now weigh more than I did when I stopped counting calories and I've never been happier, I feel healthy and I'm no longer tired and drained from limiting my food intake. I would put this down to eating whole foods, veg, lean meat and fish, and refusing to eat anything processed (eg. pizzas, pies, cakes).
    Of course different things work for different people but I've found that dropping the calorie counting and planning structured gym workouts and eating clean (with the odd treat) has done wonders for my health, wellbeing and confidence :smile:
  • flower_chops
    flower_chops Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and 111lbs :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also petite and small framed. I'm 5'2". I maintain at a higher food amount than other petite/small framed women. I'm always happy to be able to relate and share clothing resources (that can be difficult to find).