Friends for petite/small framed women!

Options

Replies

• MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and aiming for 110-115 also, will send a fr. req!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I think friends for petite/small framed women should be taller.

It's more aesthetically pleasing and it also allows the short girl a friend who can do things that she might not be able to do due to her height issues.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I've never dated anyone over 5'4...I know how to handle the short ones

5sCkLNR.gif
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am too tall to be friends with any of you. I am almost 5'4". *smug about being so tall*
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I am too tall to be friends with any of you. I am almost 5'4". *smug about being so tall*

I understand what it feels like to be so tall. I'm a tall person when it's a 5 feet and under thread.
  • Slasky75
    Slasky75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Something we all need to remember... muscle weighs more than fat! ;-) You may be heavier than you were in high school but toner and more compact. I am 5'1" and I am at the heaviest I have EVER been. I am still a size 2 or 4, and would like to get rid of a few extra lbs in that love handle region. I have lost 3 pounds since using MFP and doing a boot camp. I would LOVE to say that 114 lbs (what my drivers license claims I am :p) is my goal, but... that just isn't realistic if I want to stay fit and lean. I HATE the scale because it really is so misleading. Don't only weigh yourself and have a goal weight; have a clothing size and inches (bust-waist-hips-thighs) goal. It is so much more motivational in the long run...especially entering bathing suit season! :) Good luck, little ladies!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I love how on this site it's perfectly acceptable to *kitten* the quality of friends based on height and weight.
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and working on building my muscles then I'm going to finish lowering my bf%... not really aiming for a certain weight per say but I think I'll end up around 110 when I'm pleased. I've lost a good amount of weight already and stopped so I didn't end up "skinny fat" haha... You and anyone else can feel free to add me!!
  • gampsm824
    gampsm824 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 5 ft. 2in tall but much heavier than most of you. I'm new here and at 173 with a goal weight of 125.
    Please send friend request
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I love how on this site it's perfectly acceptable to *kitten* the quality of friends based on height and weight.

everyone has a right to "personal preference"

I don't qualify as petite, I am 5'5, small framed. but it looks as if our goals are very similar-if that's what you are looking for feel free to send a request.

Current weight 117 Goal 112
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", small-framed, about 100 pounds, 19% fat and much older than 28. Feel free to send me a friend request if you like, but I don't open my diary. Not interested in any silliness from the MFP Food Polizei.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Right now Im only accepting black friends with green eyes. You are lucky you made it in while you did missy!
  • toutmonpossible
    Options

Oh, the horror!

Short, small-framed women tend to have lower-calorie needs. It's exhausting constantly to be advised by ignorant, overweight or obese people that you should be eating at a level that will ensure you don't lose weight. Threads like this are necessary because there are numerous people on MFP in a different boat who keep insisting that they know better.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Short, small-framed women tend to have lower-calorie needs. It's exhausting constantly to be advised by ignorant, overweight or obese people that you should be eating at a level that will ensure you don't lose weight. Threads like this are necessary because there are numerous people on MFP in a different boat who keep insisting that they know better.

Welcome back, MFPCopine!!!! We missed you!

zZP5LMh.gif
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Right now Im only accepting black friends with green eyes. You are lucky you made it in while you did missy!

Whew!
  • toutmonpossible
    Options

Welcome back, MFPCopine!!!! We missed you!

"Nice try" at what? Explaining what shouldn't have to be explained?

Eariier today I read a thread in which some women were reluctant to abandon a popular MFP plan even though they were gaining weight. After months of failure, they finally realized they had to eat less than their peer-"experts" dictated. I don't know how tall they were, but numerous shorter women on this site have come to the realization that they do indeed have to eat less. It is indeed burdensome when you are perfectly normal and the uninformed act as though you have an ED.

As is said repeatedly on this site (and often ignored), only the individual can judge what is best.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also petite and small framed. I'm 5'2". I maintain at a higher food amount than other petite/small framed women. I'm always happy to be able to relate and share clothing resources (that can be difficult to find).

I'm always interested in new places to shop!
  • toutmonpossible
    Options
    Hi, I'm also petite and small framed. I'm 5'2". I maintain at a higher food amount than other petite/small framed women. I'm always happy to be able to relate and share clothing resources (that can be difficult to find).

Past threads of this type have yielded good information. Just as short , petite women often have different calorie needs, they can't count on finding something that will fit in any old store.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    This is the perfect forum for me. I am also about 126 trying to go down about 10 pounds. Anyone one here feel free to add for support!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Past threads of this type have yielded good information. Just as short , petite women often have different calorie needs, they can't count on finding something that will fit in any old store.

Yeah, you have shared a lot of good clothing resources and ideas. Thanks for that!

People can add me, if they want to be able to share resources here and there. Not that I know of a ton. I started a thread about it before in one of the shortie groups.