Prudiddy's 1yr success with MFP..Tons of pic's

Options
Prudiddy
Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
Hello MFP! 
My name is Prudence Yvette Hermon. I am 37 years old and feel 21 again! I started my journey on April 28, 2012 I have to say that this has been the best year of my life! I’ve learned so much and although I’ve had many challenges this past year, health wise being diagnosed with a Thyroid disease, stage 1 cervical cancer, endometriosis and Multi-level degenerative disc disease. I had a complete thyroidectomy and 7cm tumor removal with radiation therapy back in January and have made a very nice recovery. I also went through a marriage separation back in early August. These things should have been major setbacks for me, and would have caused me to give up if I had not been strong enough to endure the challenges that few of us will face in our lifetime! One thing I told myself when beginning this journey was that no matter what came against me, I would not give up and go back to my old wicked ways of sabotaging myself with food. 

My story is a little different than most. I didn’t gain this weight over a period of years. I gained 100lbs in 9 months. Back in the third week of March 2012 I went for a routine visit to the Doctor to complain about my health! ha. My back hurt all the time and I had no energy. She put me on the scale and told me I was obese and needed to lose weight. I recall her saying, there is no magic pill I can give you, and that you are too big and this is why you are in pain. She said I needed lose 90lbs. She said come back in 6 months to follow up. I cried, left her office, went home and prayed as I looked out of the window and asked God, how am I going to do this? I do believe in answered prayers cause I found a flyer for the new IN Shape gym that had just opened a block from my home. "21 day Fit Study" They wanted people just like myself who were not eating healthy and working out to help us get a fresh start. 

I went in and sat down with a personal trainer who put me on the scale and measured my BMI he looked at me and shook his head and told me I was 48% body fat and that I was seriously obese! I ask how bad is it? He advised me that I was looking at about 90lbs of body fat that would have to go! I looked at him and said, that is almost half of me! lol He said exactly! This was confirmation out of the mouth of two, and a serious reality check that it was my time to change. I could not afford him so I had him tell me what to do and I promised I would do it! He said if I was serious and stayed committed it could take about a year. I showed up to spin class the following Monday. The class nearly killed me but I made it through. The instructor told me it won't be enough to just work out alone! I needed to watch what I ate and start a food journal. Ha I said. I would despise people who counted calories and said who has time for that? She told me to get serious, make time or give up now! She told me about MFP I joined a few days later and have been logging in and counting calories ever since! I have officially logged in for 365 consecutive days today! Yay Me! 

I got so tired of sitting back watching others who were heavier than me get serious about their health over the years and reach their weight loss goals. While I sat and wished that I could do the same. It hit me like a ton of bricks when my cousin in-law Amanda came by to visit one evening. I hadn’t seen her in a few months, and was shocked to open the door to see she was skinny as a stick! Haha No, she looked great! Part of me wanted to be happy for her and one part of me hated to look at her because I would then have to look at myself and face the horrible reality that I was still huge and looking quite the hot mess. Bear with me for the lengthiness of my story. I have gone through great pains to bring you every detail of this past year. I worked very hard and was told at the beginning to capture every moment, every pound loss, every change in my body, and every feeling that I went through on my journey this past year. I really just couldn’t cram it all in the way I wanted. So I selected the best of the best. I hope my journey will inspire someone and motivate you to keep going. Good luck to each of you and God bless you plenty. 

I would like to go back to the good ole years before the weight gain when I lived in southern California. I performed in many TV motion pictures, sitcoms and commercials and studied at Sloan & Sloan School of dance to become a professional ballroom dancer, the last 5 years before moving to northern California in 1997. Here are a few pictures that tell my story: 
bfl7y8.jpg
5a4yg3.jpg
wwesck.jpg  
The year 1998 after my son was born and a 100lb weight gain
348rcjo.jpg
rm4cd0.jpg
34xm16c.jpg
I've always been well proportioned and carried my weight
evenly but hold the majority of my weight in the rear which
I somehow never let get caught on camera! lol. 
The next series of photos are from 2008 to the present. 
eppzrm.jpg
xbh2eo.jpg
ibyuxj.jpg  
2dwf9c0.jpg
34gvn6e.jpg 
2nq4gva.jpg 
25z5lwm.jpg 
15na81j.jpg
At this point I started gaining again! back up to 239lbs :( 
I was having major marriage/health issues and
resorted back to eating for comfort. 
2rm6r0l.jpg
2lcu13l.jpg 
2vjudtj.jpg 
I should warn you, this going to get raw and downright ugly! Never before seen footage! I remember crying when I first looked at this photo, I ask my daughter and husband why they didn't tell me it was so bad, and they both responded, we thought you knew! 
jjwvwn.jpg
Enough is enough! I can't take it anymore! I’m sure you can’t either :) 
This is the day I joined MFP! April 2012. Here is the familiar 
face all of my MFP's came to know! Some call it the ((Prison Guard)) Ha 
No hair no makeup, and no fancy clothing just me sucking it in and ready to work. 
mbs37n.jpg
Over the next few months I start plugging away! 
25u7ghk.jpg
2iivihk.jpg
ehf39l.jpg  
3rf4n.jpg
2nrd1rq.jpg
This is when I started to see change in myself! My back 
rolls were disappearing! 
2mnrplx.jpg
1z720id.jpg  
t6t1zr.jpg  
30dh2qt.jpg  
By this time, I had been a member of MFP for 4 
months and now a part of the HBC family! Over the 
next few months I became more active in the 
Hustler Baller Challenges and really started to shed 
some major inches. My workouts increased to burns as high as 1500-2000 per day! 
2nuumar.jpg
I made a promise to my daughter that before the summer 
was over I would squeeze into a 2 piece swim suit! 
Ta Da!! 
xdz4zp.jpg
In this photo I felt I was getting my groove back! ha 
My 44 DD bra that I had worn for years was falling off and had to be tied in the 
back just to stay up. 
1py0kn.jpg
20u3jnm.jpg
I finally wasn't afraid to show my tummy and 
began working out in sports bras. This would 
keep me motivated and continue to work to meet my goal. 
I later hit a plateau and started P90X 
4jml8n.jpg
10qmdnd.jpg
More HBC Challenges and jumping rope faithfully! 
On an average, I would jump 30min -hour a day! 
2yzejy0.jpg
I had shed most of the cottage cheese from 
my legs through rope jumping! 
2mg60wz.jpg
344uqt0.jpg
1zmpgl2.jpg
By this time I couldn't wait to log on to MFP 
each day! I became a member to get support and 
found myself dying to give it! I later started getting 
a little more active on the social side and looked forward to interacting daily with my friends.
33yn7rl.jpg
2cscs2r.jpg
dcsqiq.jpg
I used this photo as my 3 month after shot in the MFP LGN challenge 
and won second place! 
iodqah.jpg
Christmas 2012 I was in my first size 12 dress! I still couldn't believe it.  For a while the scale wouldn’t move. Then someone told me to stop weighing and go by the way my clothes fit. I needed something to wear for my brothers Christmas party. I went out with my daughter and she says mom why don’t you try on a smaller size. When I began my journey I was in a 20 the last pair of jeans I squeezed into was a 16/18 so I went to the 14 rack, tried on a couple of dresses. My daughter looks at me and says mom, are you thinking what I’m thinking (I love her) We both said it at the same time….It’s too big!!!I l turned to her and said do I dare? She said I’ll go get a 12 I put it on and it fit beautifully! I kept going to the ladies room that evening to look in the mirror because I still couldn’t believe it!
2uzvtwj.jpg  
5m0qyv.jpg
2viko4w.jpg
January 2013 I did my first side by side comparisons! 
t9wmrn.jpg
2i9jv3r.jpg 
2mwxs0x.jpg
10f2ex1.jpg
I hit another plateau and was diagnosed with the thyroid disease. 
This is me late January after the thyroid and tumor removal. 
1zqer8n.jpg 
I took about 3 weeks off from exercising to recover and then 
right back at it. Only now I have an even bigger appetite and 
am fighting the hormones like crazy! I promise not to give up 
and so the show goes on. More motivated than ever! 
This is me on a train to Oregon about 4 weeks after the 
thyroidectomy! Sick as a dog and couldn't wait to get off! 
But I'm still smiling... 
xc6c1z.jpg
My first hike at Spencer's Butte in Oregon!
ebdft4.jpg
Mean while back at the ranch! I'm fired up 
and ready to ride my year out! I'm starting to 
lose weight again and feeling good! 
312fz8h.jpg
2nhn7yv.jpg
In the beginning I set a realistic goal in hopes that I would one day look and feel like I did before I gained all the weight. As I looked back on some of the old photos and began choosing, I found myself comparing them side by side and feeling like wow, you really can get your old body back. After all, I never lost it, I just had so much fat covering it up!  
33esuq9.jpg
I stepped out in a size 10 petite dress!
f0dnk8.jpg
I finally get to wear my favorite color without feeling self-conscious! It's been several years since I've stepped out in red.
343nmky.jpg
f0puft.jpg
Close up look of me today!
20jpwyr.jpg
Here are some MFP highlights of my first year! 
I had the opportunity of meeting MFP’s Finest!!
A group of fierce MFPer’s  What a year!!
2rnbsie.jpg 
Recap of the year!
b7cgat.jpg
Prudence since MFP
2q37iqc.jpg
Here is a look of some of the foods I eat daily! I've learned to keep a pretty basic grocery list. I plan most of my days and I eat 1 to 2 times per hour all throughout the day. I fill my Aquafina bottle about 4 times while at work and have been told, do you ever stop eating! It becomes habit forming over time and just a part of my life. Plus the new thyroid med's keep hungry all the time, so I feed my body a little bit at a time any time I need it.
2dm81ev.jpg
256tth0.jpg

********* My 1 year achievements with MFP ******** 
Most calories burned in a week: 31, 926 
Biggest 1 day burn: 11,783
Personal best: Rope jump: 3hrs 59min 
HBC MVP 8/20/12 - 8/26/12 
Held the HBC Cardio Women's Heavy weight Crown 
8/11 -8/31 2nd place with team partner Deedog007 HBC TPCC II 45,994 total calories burned combined. 
11/3/12 2nd place LGN Challenge 
1/1/13 HBC Female “MVP” of 2013 this was a huge honor!!

Special thanks to the HBC family for putting together Prudiddy  Day on October 27, 2012. MFPer’s from all around the world took part one day to dedicate their burns and  show support to me as I battled my health issues.. Many of whom I don’t know and many of the participants set Personal best records in the process. Over 50,000K was burned that day. Thank you to everyone who took part in that day. You will be truly blessed. Another special thanks to “HustlaBalla” Himself for giving me and everyone in the HBC a chance to shine in the HBC week after week. You are awesome and truly caring about my health and the well-being of others. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to exceed my own expectations. You made me feel like I can go all the way! Thank you to all of my friends who stuck by me throughout the year!
Since becoming a member on MFP some very important people have come into my life. I would like to give a special shout out to some of MFP's finest members who have inspired me: 
Josette31 - Dinkybird - N_Rockey - Simplyjustme - Loa482 - NYChick84 -Chickie11- Virtuousmarie - alonso042105 - *Onemeanman* -*Caljur*- *Rbear713* - *Cstew44*-*ejacree1010* - Cowboysfan - *Cbeutler*- *Roetheengineer* - Topsking2010 

*************My Girlz*************** 
*Dinkybird* - *Swimthebutterfly* - *Leslie729* - *DonnaCoach* - *Suzieqcookie* -*hellokitty135*- *KeriD* - *VirtuousVal*- *Josette31* -*Jesseann*- *Bajiggity* - *Christylove205*-*Chickie11* These Ladies help me through my rough and tough days on MFP. Thank you! 

A super special thank you to my mom RHS1148 - my big sis Paulettey1-my children Candii_girll & TackyZ for putting up with my healthy lifestyle weight loss journey this past year! MY "DIET" haha I love every single one of you so much. Thanks for joining me on MFP

Last but not least, thank you to my cousin in-law alonso042105 who inspired me with her 80+lb weight loss last year. You girl are the one reason I took the first step in living a healthier life. For all the blogs I've seen over the last year about why do you do this? I do it because I love myself, my children and best of all Christ who strengthens me and gives me the will to keep living the best life I can live each day. (and I do this so I can look GOOD)!!!

Here are my starting and up to date measurements: 
I'm 5'4" 
My starting weight: 241 lbs 
My current weight: 165 lbs 
Final goal weight: 150 lbs 
4/28/12 arm:14" today 11.5". 
4/28/12 chest 44" today 34". 
4/28/12 waist 41" today 30". 
4/28/12 glute 48" today 34". 
4/28/12 thigh 29" today 24". 
4/28/12 calf 16.5" today 14". 
4/28/12 neck 14" today 12". 
Starting BMI 48% today 28%

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    out standing, amazing. thank you do much for sharing

anyone can add me
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    ***APPLAUSE***

This is wonderful!!! You have done an amazing thing for yourself. You look GREAT and so much younger! I bet you feel awesome. Congratulations! I am in awe! :flowerforyou:
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    oh wow!!! im a fellow hbc'er and we have a lot of mutual friends. although i have heard of some of the story ive never read your profile for the full version. just wow. your journey has been amazing, what an inspiration you are. congratulations for making it this far, i cant wait to watch the rest of the journey unfold :)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Wow! I loved reading this and looking at all the pictures. Thanks for posting. You are amazing!
  • joyfulrunner22
    joyfulrunner22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!! You go girl, keep up all the great work.
  • hanbax012
    hanbax012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. Really enjoyed reading about your amazing journey. :-)
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You Are Incredible:)
  • jeannate52
    jeannate52 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work. Thank you for sharing.
  • hannahjames295
    hannahjames295 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, you are such a strong person, well done!!!!
    Quick question, what is hbc? I'm intrigued, but a total noob when it comes to acronyms...
  • AmerH
    AmerH Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What an Achievement!! I'm almost speechless at your effort and hard work! Congratulations. What a fantastic job and a true inspiration for everyone. . .

Thank you so much for sharing. :smile:
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Well done - great achievements there! You are looking fantastic - very inspirational. Thank you for posting :)
  • nucgirl13
    nucgirl13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! The transformation is truly stunning. I also carry a lot of my weight in my rear and legs, so it's great to see that you really can get those areas back to being in tip top shape. Could I get your cabbage soup recipe? I love cabbage but have never tried it in soup.
  • AchillesDeFlandres
    AchillesDeFlandres Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, this is just fantastic and amazing. You seem to have so much joy from this journey. Wow, I am so proud of you and in total awe. What an incredible and marvelous achievement, especially in just one year.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Great story, thank you for sharing!
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Incredible journey.
  • paulettey1
    paulettey1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS, AGAIN PRUDDY!! SO PROUD OF YOU!! SUCH AN INCREDIBLE JOURNEY!! IT'S AMAZING WHAT CAN HAPPEN IN ONE YEAR!! SO GLAD TO SEE THE HEALTHIER YOU!! LOVE THE BIG GIRL JEANS PHOTO!! YOUR SUCH A STRONG WOMAN OF GOD ~ AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!! YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION AND HAVE BEEN SUCH AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO ALL THOSE YOU HAVE COME IN CONTACT WITH!! YOU MAY HAVE A SMALL BODY, BUT YOU DEFINITELY HAVE A BIG HEART!! SUCH A COMPASSIONATE WOMAN!! ENJOY THE MOMENT OF ACCOMPLISHING WHAT YOU SET OUT TO ACCOMPLISH!! YOU DID IT!! 365 DAYS ~ 1 YEAR JOURNEY!! INCREDIBLE!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! YOU HAVE TRULY SET THE EXAMPLE FOR YOUR BIG SISTER!! HUGS & KISSES!!
  • DarkSable
    DarkSable Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have to say, you were always a very beautiful and glamorous lady whatever your size, but WOW!!!! You look amazing now, and so much happier!
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing our story. What an inspiration. Congratulations on all of your success.
  • moby_chick
    moby_chick Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. This is such an inspiration to me. I'm glad you're feeling so good, despite health issues and I wish you even greater health and happiness in the future.
  • Phatbulous
    Options
    I salute you for your dedication, hard work and sharing with us!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!