Roasted Chick Pea Recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I love roasted chick peas!

I normally use olive oil (although right now I have a nice chili oil that I have been using). I take one can of chickpeas and drain them than rinse and let air dry for a bit.

I than put in a bowl with about 1 tbsp of oil (I think any oil will work) and load up the spices... any spices you like. I use a lot of black pepper, cayanne, paprika, and a touch of salt. I than bake at 375 for about 45-60 mins or until crunchy (I mix them up every 15 mins or so).
  • jerseytamayda
    jerseytamayda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not sure, but maybe sprinkle on the parmesan cheese more toward the end of the cooking cycle? Cheese cooked at 400 for 45 minutes will burn. Sounds yummy, though!
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This thread rocks! I love chickpeas, and like roasted chickpeas. MIddle eastern markets have some variety of roasted chick peas, Trader Joes have this wasabi peas. I however never thought of oven roasting them starting from dry or canned peas. Very tempted by the ideas here. If you are lucky enough to run into green chickpeas in their shell in your farmer market. Drop on your knees and kiss the ground. You are then truly blessed.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sorry to tag on to the original post but.... how do you prevent them from browning/burning?!?!

I had a recipe for roasted chickpeas (with olive oil, minced garlic, spices and parmesan cheese) that said to bake at 400 for 45 min.

I let the chickpeas air-dry after I rinsed them (as the recipe instructed me to) but the last few times I've made them they've browned on the bottom and stuck to my pan and made a huge mess. Any ideas? Help!

Line your cookie sheet or baking pan with parchment paper!
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    make sure you use dried chick peas.. they come out so much better..
    i use garlic powder, paprika, cumin salt pepper & oilve oil..
    roastedchickpeas_zpsa739cbf0.jpg
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Bump, Has anyone got a recipe for salt n vinegar chick peas?
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AdrianeParese
    Options
    I also love a can of chick peas drained mixed with 6oz. plain greek yogurt and 1T to 2T of hidden valley ranch dressing powder and pepper. So good, better the longer in marinates. Thought of adding finely chopped onions too. Mix the dry powder with yogurt 1st then add in chick peas.
  • bkmdancer
    bkmdancer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • erinalysa14
    Options
    i just made honey roasted chickpeas and they came out great... mix a little olive oil, honey, and cinnamon together, roast dried chickpeas for 30 minutes, then pour the honey mixture on top, shake up the pan so they are all coated and roast for another 10 minutes.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Chickpea Salad

Prep time: 15 minutes
    Ready in: 20 Minutes
    Serves: 10

Ingredients:

− 4 cups cooked, drained and rinsed chickpeas
    − ½ cup diced red pepper
    − ½ cup diced green pepper
    − ½ cup sliced black olives (drained and rinsed)
    − ½ cup diced red onion
    − ¼ cup chopped parsley
    − ¼ cup shredded carrots
    − 3 tbsp each extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice
    − 3 pinches kosher salt
    − 4 pinches pepper
    − 4 pinches of dry mint

Directions:

Combine all vegetables and parsley in a large bowl and toss. Add olive oil and lemon juice mix. Add salt, pepper, and mint. Toss all ingredients and until mixed thoroughly. You may serve as a side dish or as the first course.

Note: You may try adding feta cheese or freshly grated cheese as a garnish or to your own taste. I have added fried fruit (like raisins) to this salad for a wonderful twist on a familiar Mediterranean salad.

Shaw H. Rabadi, restaurant owner/chef/author, invites you to Eat, Drink, and Be Mediterranean with him for a happier, healthier life!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6470952