What do you like about your gym?

Options
124»

Replies

• foxyjanestacey
    Options
    I have just done a 7 day trial at my gym and became a member today cos i love it. All the machines have a mini t.v attached. They play channel [V] really loud.Keeps me working hard when the good songs come on.Plus i have a swipe key and can go at any hour. ;)
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am in Australia and I go to Jetts Gyms ... they are 24/7 places and I'm a night owl. Other gyms don't stay open past about 9:30pm or 10:00pm week nights and 6pm weekends.

The other exciting thing is the $377 for 365 days plan. $26 admin fee. Comes out to about $1.20 per day. Good value.

Good equipment. Not perfect but a self-paced place. www.jetts.com.au
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    6 lifting platforms, 6 power racks behind them. 7 or 8 eleiko bars, bumpers (even if they are random colours) and I can drop weights from over head and no one cares :)

It has Tennis courts and a 50m pool as well. But the only thing it doesn't have is lat pull down machine and a cable row machine :(

Koing
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like that it's at work, free and generally empty when I am in there.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    It's a space above a shop, completely geared for lifting with just 1 treadmill and a bike in it for cardio - though nobody really uses them as it's attached to a hall used for training MMA fighters and Boxers. Plenty of plates, all the equipment I need and a picture of big Ronnie up on the wall.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I like my gym for a few reasons...

Gym owner is a former Power lifter, and now my coach\Sponsor

Loads of plates, Great Machines.

Family run Gym run by Guys that have trained for years, really know their stuff and have the physiques to prove it

Proper Old school rule's - You can Scream while breaking a new PB, Chalk all over the floor when Deadlifting it fine, If I walk into the gym and you are Curling in the squat rack, you have to Move:

Because I have the best Squat in the gym..

You can overload the bar safely as 90% of the staff in there know exactly how to spot you properly, or bail you out, or stop you from getting hurt - I will put a disclaimer on this one - DO NOT do this! It's not really safe unless you are 100% sure on what your doing and why your doing it, and Spotting is an art itself, the people doing that you must trust 100% knowing they will not fail you, or let you do more than you can handle
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My gym is so clean and there are at least 3 people vacuuming, wiping or cleaning at any given moment. It doesnt even smell like a gym. Also it's huge, in an old warehouse so it looks pretty because it has all the old beams and exposed brick. Also we have a crap ton of machines and a lot of good classes and times that people can actually go to. Also, I don't feel like I am being watched or competed with by other gym members.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    It's cheap
    Serious lifting gym - good range of equipment, lots of plates!
    They don't care about chalk.. people grunting.. people making noise with the weights.
    Some good regulars there - friendly faces :)