people at the gym who arent getting results?

Options
13»

Replies

• WendySPWarren
    WendySPWarren Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I really don't care.
    Regardless of how much effort they put in, they are doing more than most people just by being there. Good on them. They'll learn at their own pace.
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm all for wanting to help others, but sometimes what seems strange to you actually makes sense to them. I was on the other side of this the other day using the assisted pullup machine. I only needed 25lb for the chin up but I still needed 40lb for a "real" pullup and this lady saw me changing the amount of weight back and forth between sets and thought I didn't know what I was doing. She said "I've been watching you... you know more weight is easier right?" lol... of course I do! That's why I put it on higher weight for pullups.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yeah there's this girl who does cardio for 1-2 hours EVERYDAY... moving from the treadmill, to the ellipitcal, to the arc trainer...

Her body hasn't changed in months!!

I feel like telling her that if she stops the cardio, she'll probably drop weight. And I want to tell her to get into lifting!!!

But its not my place.. :indifferent:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Methinks that people that hide behind blue face profiles shouldn't be so quick to get on their high horse and judge other people's results.

Truthfully,even if you put up a pic so we could judge you the way you judge other I wouldn't care. The only results I'm worried about are mine and those of the people that have to come me for advice. Trying to improve myself is a full time gig. I don't have time to moonlight as someone that looks down his nose at complete strangers.

And yet there you go judging someone for not having a picture on their profile. Maybe the OP looks at the forums on a work computer in a lunch break and doesnt have access to personal pictures?
  • rlhall12
    rlhall12 Posts: 33
    Options
    Honestly, diet is 80%. Gym is 20%. Most people got it all wrong.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    It's good that you care, but it's not your place to offer unsolicited advice unless you know him and his situation, especially since he's been there long. If you really care that much, strike a conversation and get to know him, find out what his deal is. Once you become his friend, you can start giving him little pointers here and there.

Me, it depends on the person. A couple of days ago a new lady was doing dumbbell curls in bad form. I wouldn't have said anything if she had put on a busy "don't bother me" face, but since I overheard her chatting and asking for advice in the next room, I felt comfortable in saying something. She appreciated it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    When that happens, I get emails or messages in my box. I've got a great reputation in these parts right now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Methinks that people that hide behind blue face profiles shouldn't be so quick to get on their high horse and judge other people's results.

Truthfully,even if you put up a pic so we could judge you the way you judge other I wouldn't care. The only results I'm worried about are mine and those of the people that have to come me for advice. Trying to improve myself is a full time gig. I don't have time to moonlight as someone that looks down his nose at complete strangers.

And yet there you go judging someone for not having a picture on their profile. Maybe the OP looks at the forums on a work computer in a lunch break and doesnt have access to personal pictures?
    9IOxb1k.gif
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Why don't you worry about bulking up those muscles and your own form, not what others are or aren't doing.

Is this the same guy that thought girls envied his skinny body at the gym?

Bro, you need a wake up call. Either that or you're a troll.

My guess is troll.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I don't care what the other gym users are doing. I just do my own thing. :smile:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's just killing time before work and wants a hot shower because his wife hates him and uses all the hot water in the morning.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Why don't you worry about bulking up those muscles and your own form, not what others are or aren't doing.

Is this the same guy that thought girls envied his skinny body at the gym?

Bro, you need a wake up call. Either that or you're a troll.

My guess is troll.

Is it just me, or are the trolls taking over MFP*?
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    aaannndddd this is why some of us never set foot in a gym. we don't need you judging us.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I like the saying "Shut up and train".

No need to pump yourself up by declaring that other people are not 'seeing progress'.

Just worry about your self.
  • Ofaatu
    Ofaatu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Leave it be. I had surgery for an ectopic pregnancy in March, when I got back to the gym a few weeks later I had to take it easy. If anyone had come up to me and said you're not doing it right I would have burst into tears.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Better light consistent exercise and 0 progress than no exercises and regression.