New Clothes For A Shrinking Body...and bit more.

Options
Hanfordrose
Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
At the time last year, I wouldn't step on a scale, because I knew that I had already passed 280 pounds some months earler. I hated what I looked like in photos. This is the picture from November 2011 that shows me at near my top weight. I could still stand without support back then; but my weight was doing a lot of damage; and that day, my knees were screaming in pain. I wanted to blame the outfit for how I looked, but it was all me under that jacket.

11-19-11280poundsandbarelyabletostand_zpsa1e2ae0f.jpg

Yesterday, I filled 4 big bags with clothes to donate to a church clothing closet. I only have a few things that fit me, since I began MFP. My MFP ticker shows me with a start up weight of 270.9 pounds. November of last year was the first time that I actually knew my real weight; and I had already began to cut back on my eating. So, I still can only guess at my top weight; but I used that November number for MFP and have lost at least 43 pounds since Thanksgiving.

My blouses went down from size 30-32 to 24-26, and I am still losing. Here are 2 of my new blouses. This one in the photo below I called the 'premanent wrinkle blouse', because it was tied in a knot, when it arrived. That is the whole idea...wrinkles. Oh, well. It sure beats what I wore last year.

04-28-13NewCrumpledBlouse02BestShot_zpse1fbc2bd.jpg?t=1367194463

I don't usually stand for photos. My knees are pretty well shot, but I wanted to let my MFP family see the change in my shape...so I let go of the walker for a shaky moment.

This navy blue blouse was my choice for church this morning. I guess that I am still most comfortable in darker tones.

04-28-13NewNavyBlouse01_zps13590f2f.jpg?t=1367194457

By the way, I have about 20 more new blouses coming in this week, along with some new pants. The pants that I am currently wearing are getting very baggy.

My hubbie took this shot of me with our female doxie-beagle cross. Her name is Bailey. Ed liked this photo, because he said, "Those are my two favorite girls."

04-28-13SueampBailey03BestShot_zpsa07769bb.jpg?t=1367194472

Here is the love of my life, my hubbie Pastor 'Special Ed'...with 'the other woman' in his life, Bailey. I love 'em both.

Ed is my strongest supporter in everything that I do, including sticking to my food plan. He wants 'Mama' (That's me.) to qualify for new knees in the future. Then, he and I can do so many more things, like ride bikes and walking Bailey...together.

04-28-13EdampBailey01_zps624e90be.jpg?t=1367194432

...and just because it is so beautiful, I wanted to share this photo of the mini flora rose Yantai that was blooming in my patio garden this morning. I love roses, especially the ones that my mother hybridized. This is one of her creations.

04-28-13Yantai03_zps945e81c4.jpg?t=1367194555

Replies

• mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! Congratulations on the weight loss!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Great progress--and you look so happy! Congrats!
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration! And that rose your mother hybridized is incredibly perfect and beautiful. Love roses! Looks like you're well on your way to new knees.
  • CaroleNev
    CaroleNev Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well done, you are beaming with happiness. Love the rose!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story! Your smile lights up a room! Congratulations on all that you have accomplished!
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    Lovely success! Thank you so much for sharing a window into your life. :) It's so nice to read about families supporting each other as well as positive outlooks. I hope you reach your goal soon and do get to experience more with your husband.
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Just think, you lost the equivalent of a Kindergartner! No wonder your knees hurt! It was like carrying around a little kid everywhere you went. I think your husband sounds like a sweet man, you have a darling puppy, and I LOVE the rose, especially since it was your mother's (and God's) creation. Thank you for sharing your success, it's obvious you are feeling better. It shows in your smile and your eyes.
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great results!
    I'm sure you continue to inspire many!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing a part of your beautiful life!!! :)

Congratulations!! You have accomplished so much!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Lovely! And your husband sounds like a real sweetheart. Nice job.
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing. You seem wonderful, both inside in out! Congratulations on your success!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You are looking fantastic, lady!! Continued success!!

PS. I love roses, too.
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful and donating your clothing to the church is a wonderful thing to do. I am like you, I prefer dark colors but that's because I've worn them for so long. Last week I got a bright pink t-shirt to wear when I need a little pick-me-up. I'm hoping that this 1 pink shirt will bring more and more color into my wardrobe.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the rose, especially since it was your mother's (and God's) creation.

Absolutely, Sis. Mom was the hybridizer; and God used her to help bring more than 200 new rose varieties into this world. All good things come from our Creator. I thank Him every day for what He has done for me.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You look amazing...and amazingly happy!
    Keep up the great work!!!
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That beautiful, bright smile, the twinkle in your eyes and the confidence of knowing that you are doing it, says it all!!! Not to mention that you look great in your new clothes.
    You are an inspiration to so many in so many ways. I'm so proud of the progress you've made toward your goal for not only new knees, but health and independence.
    Bravo!!!:flowerforyou:
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem, my top weight was 240 pounds and I wore a size 2x blouse and a size 20 pants. I proudly handed 2 trashbags of clothes in this size to my mother, who I am now bigger than, in the first time of my whole life. My mom use to have a figure like olive oil from popeye's but now she is 60 years old and just eating herself into oblivion. However, since seeing my weight loss she now has joined MFP, although I manage her account for her, since she is technology illiterate. I now weigh 190 pounds and I wear an xl in blouses and I went down a pants size. I know what you mean about the baggy clothes and all, my pants literally fell off me, and I had to buy 2 pairs of my current size. I wont buy anymore, since I am still losing. You look amazing and I love the beautiful rose, keep up the good work!
  • JBeaner
    JBeaner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. You are doing wonderful! I am so proud of you, and you are a wonderful inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss. And way to go on the new wardrobe.... flaunt that loss
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Very nice work, proud of you!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!