New Clothes For A Shrinking Body...and bit more.

Options

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Love the new clothes (and the previous closet pictures) and the rose is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the inspirations and beauty with all of us!

Oh, and I like your user ID and good luck with your knees!
  • Junebugsc
    Junebugsc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! And are such a great inspiration!! Love the new shirts too!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You are such a stong woman. Congratulations on your weight loss and progress thus far. I know you will get that new set of knees. Please add me as a friend. id like to continue this journey with you nice family photos and i love your dog and rose too. Very touching!
  • janfinnegan
    Options
    Aww.. Congratulations! You look fantastic. I'm very inspired :smile:
  • enigmachik
    enigmachik Posts: 150
    Options
    Wow. Congrats!!! :)
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You look stunning. What a difference from that first pic. You look so much happier and so much younger. I love your rose. It's just beautiful. You are such an inspiration.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This was an emotional read, I love the pictures and I love your attitude. My mom also has knee problems, I may show her this post to give her some inspiration. Thank you! Good luck in your future weight loss. :)
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You are such a stong woman. Congratulations on your weight loss and progress thus far. I know you will get that new set of knees. Please add me as a friend. id like to continue this journey with you nice family photos and i love your dog and rose too. Very touching!

I added you as a new MFP sister.

I am so glad that you liked the pictures. Bailey is a new addition to our family. Ed and I just moved to Apple Valley in March. When we found out that we could have a 'small dog' in our new home, we picked up Bailey at the local animal shelter. She is now very much at home and 'alpha' in our family.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. You are looking great! Oh, I just looooove roses too. The one in the picture is beautiful.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This was an emotional read, I love the pictures and I love your attitude. My mom also has knee problems, I may show her this post to give her some inspiration. Thank you! Good luck in your future weight loss. :)

My doctor referred me to a surgeon, after he saw x-rays of my knees. The surgeon said that I was a great candidate for new knees, because my labs were all good..."but". There is always a butt with doctors. His but was..."You will have to lose about 70 pounds to qualify for that surgery."

I declined gastric surgery, because of my concerns for possible complications and permanent changes to an internal organ. That's when I decided to make the commitment to eat healthier. The first thing that I gave up was sodas. I started out on a liquid supplement diet, but my doctor asked me to add 'real food'. That's when I decided to count calories. I found MFP online in late December and have been slowly but surely losing weight ever since.

I'm 68 years old and live a very sedentary life, mostly in a wheelchair with only a few painful step around the house in my walker. I do Sit And Fit exercises for about 30 minutes each day. My food plan and that little bit of exercise have been very effective.

Age and limited mobility are no reason to think that a person can't lose weight and improve their life. If your Mama needs new knees, she will have to show the surgeons that she is willing and able to take some weight off of her body and keep it off. New knee replacements will only fail, if someone carries too much weight on those titanium knees.

My primary goal is Onederland to get those new knees, but it won't stop there. Once I have reached the 100's, I will be setting a new goal...probably in the 170's or less. That will make sure that I don't end up back in my wheelchair in just a few years.

Give your Mama my love, and tell her to come over to MFP. She can become my MFP sister any day. :wink:
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    You look wonderful and such a beautiful smile:flowerforyou:
    I am glad that you found "sit and be fit"
    It won't be long 'til you have those new knees and are back to dancing:heart:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Well done! And beautiful pictures:)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am weepy with happiness for you. Happy tears are rolling down my cheeks!
  • green_2
    green_2 Posts: 11
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm 34 and have problems with my weight and feet (limited mobility). I'll keep your success as my inspiration as I start on this journey. Thank you.
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • fairygirl66
    fairygirl66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job! What an inspiration. God bless you on your journey.
  • katiedidit1
    katiedidit1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! And I really like the first flowery blouse best! Its springy and I don't like to iron so permawrinkles are great:wink:
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    So uplifting. Thanks for sharing. Love the rose which is my mom's favorite flower. Loved tending her gardens. Losing her slowly to Alzheimer's but, I do cherish the memories. The picture of the rose sparked some very pleasant memories.
  • fenna3107
    fenna3107 Posts: 46
    Options
    You look amazing...a total different person. Wow! I love those blouses on you. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. God bless you.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job. You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!