620 days on MFP + First HALF MARATHON race!!! (pics)

Options

Replies

• jennieb75
    jennieb75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You've come so far in those two years... It's amazing really!
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!
    What sort of rehab program did you go through to get that far after a spinal injury? I have an old hip injury and have tried to avoid running because of the impact, but if you can run a half marathon after an injury like that, I certainly can get back to running! You're such an inspiration!

I did physical and occupational therapy for 2-3 months to strengthen my muscles. Then I started exercising by just walking really slowly, doing the best I could. Walking longer and faster and father as I could. After a few months I added in 30 second jogging spurts. And then eventually after about 6 months I could jog slowly for a half hour.
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Such and inspiration to someone like me. Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations on your success!
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!
    What sort of rehab program did you go through to get that far after a spinal injury? I have an old hip injury and have tried to avoid running because of the impact, but if you can run a half marathon after an injury like that, I certainly can get back to running! You're such an inspiration!

I did physical and occupational therapy for 2-3 months to strengthen my muscles. Then I started exercising by just walking really slowly, doing the best I could. Walking longer and faster and father as I could. After a few months I added in 30 second jogging spurts. And then eventually after about 6 months I could jog slowly for a half hour.

This is why MFP is such a valuable resource - you wouldn't find this quality of support, dedication and guidance anywhere else.

joyzy I think you are an amazing inspiration to anyone and everyone whatever their goals are. Your dedication and commitment makes the grand scheme of things realistic - as they say 'you have set the bar high my friend'. Sometimes it just takes someone with your strength of character to come along and share their story to make everything seem worthwhile and realistic. Thank you for sharing and being such a positive inspiring role model to us all.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You are amazing Joy! I'm so glad to have you on my friends list and I'm so proud of you! Congrats on everything that you've done and I can't wait to hear about your marathon in November-I know you'll do awesome then as well!
  • jocomoso
    jocomoso Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    well done, very inspirational!
    keep up the good work
    looking forward to hearing about your next achievements
    can I add you as a friend?
    Jo
  • looplulu
    looplulu Posts: 21
    Options
    What an awesome story. You look amazing! Good luck with the marathon!! :-)
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an inspiring story, thank you for sharing!

WTG on your first half marathon!

Karen
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    Amazing job !!!!
  • reachingforthemoon
    Options
    Awesomely brilliant inspiring story, well done :)
  • Angeldach
    Angeldach Posts: 56
    Options
    WOW! Talk about motivational:smile: !
  • healthfulnow
    healthfulnow Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I was also there running in my first 5K and my daughter was running in her first Half Marathon too! You look amazing and what a great inspirational story. Thanks for sharing and posting pics. It was a beautiful day to run!!
  • echippendale
    Options
    what a inspiring story, well done you are amazing x
  • mk_hammer
    mk_hammer Posts: 105
    Options
    AMAZING. Seriously. Such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • hg5159
    hg5159 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Proud of you, biffle. :heart:
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    WOW! Just wow!!!! Thank you for sharing :)
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am just in awe...and GIRL...that calf muscle in that one pic is CRAZY and INSANE!!!
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Totally amazing! Great job!
  • channy70
    channy70 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You are definitely a success story...you look awesome!!!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Colbert+Epic+Win.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!