medical marijuana for weight loss

Options

Replies

• DankaCibulka
    DankaCibulka Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Dumbest thing I ever heard. Medical marijuana is actually prescribed to increase appetite.

This:)
  • m00nshin3r
    Options
    the marijuana diet! smoke some, get the munchies, smoke more so you forget you have the munchies, repeat.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    ^^ so true haha
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think some doctors that give out medical marijuana cards will do it for just about any reason that the patient names. Yes, there are legitimate needs, but most everyone I know who has one is just a recreational user with a nebulous "condition" that they kind of made up on the spot. Headaches? Occasional constipation or diarrhea? Social anxiety? Smoking pot makes you feel better, you say? Here's a card. I'm glad my state finally legalized weed so we can quit the charade.

That being said, it definitely has some real medical benefits, and is used for stimulating appetite in cancer patients and anorexics. Off the top of my head the only way I can think of that it might aid in weight loss is if the person is a stress-eater and maybe pot will help them relax? But then they're gonna get the munchies, so it might just cancel itself out.

It's the miracle plant that works miracles. Helping you gain or lose weight (or even loose weight) depending on what you need to do. Like a thermos that keeps hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold it can make fat people skinny or skinny people fat (how do it know? FM baby, F. M.)
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Dude, like man I smoked this like killer strain of chronic and like my heart was beating so fast that like my abz popped out...and wait wut were we talking about again man...oh yeah Dave's not here man
  • Amie_Girl
    Amie_Girl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    As an avid former pot smoker, I can assure you that 99% of people who smoke marijuana or take the pills do not eat less or healthier.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Munchies don't matter as long as it's Paleo! :smokin:
  • leaninmysprite
    Options
    Actually, if you can resist the munchies Marijuana can help you lose weight. There is also types of marijuana that do not cause hunger. Marijuana temporarily increases heart rate which can result in weight loss if you don't pig out.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Based on my previous experiences with the substance . . . I don't see how it would be particularly beneficial for weightloss. I'd polish off a bag potato chips or a pan of brownies and then go to sleep.
  • calaz84
    calaz84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This thread made my day thanks guys!! :smokin: :smokin:
  • SaraLily
    SaraLily Posts: 30
    Options
    Forget it :-)
    I used to smoke everyday and I was always hungry. I lost 12 pounds after I stopped since I didn't eat junk food every night like I used to. Of course I gained it back....but it's another story :-)
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Any time I smoke I completely LOSE my appetite and can't eat for hours afterwards... I know this isnt the norm, but hey not all of us get the munchies!! (I think its because it triggers my panic attacks and then I am too busy feeling like I am dying to think about food lol)
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Depends on the strain, if you get something on the sativa side, you get a heady high and you avoid the couchlock and munchies.

If you get some skunk with the greatest painkilling potential, those are indica.. which have an intense stone, pain killing effects, and are a great appetite booster for people who find it hard to eat more (like people who are trying to bulk) so.. You have to be mindful of the strain you purchase.

Going to a shop which knows the genetics, that doesn't grow cross-bred Gahbage, you should be able to select a strain which helps with weight loss.

ETA: changed the second paragraph.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Just FWI medical marijuana is NOTHING like street marijuana.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Depends on the strain, if you get something on the sativa side, you get a heady high and you avoid the couchlock and munchies.

If you get some skunk with the greatest painkilling potential, those are indica.. which have an intense stone, pain killing effects, and are a great appetite booster for people who find it hard to eat more (like people who are trying to bulk) so.. You have to be mindful of the strain you purchase.

Going to a shop which knows the genetics, that doesn't grow cross-bred Gahbage, you should be able to select a strain which helps with weight loss.

ETA: changed the second paragraph.

You know a lot about the subject.

I like you. :laugh:
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options

You know a lot about the subject.

I like you. :laugh:

Err, what? no.. I just... Read a lot.. >.>

<.<
  • cardiophile
    cardiophile Posts: 38
    Options
    If you get a strain with a lot of cannabinoids, you're going to be raiding the kitchen and calling for pizza, but you can also get strains that have more THC and less cannabinoids. There are plenty of people that can resist the munchies and eat healthy while smoking marijuana. To each their own!
  • tkotaka
    tkotaka Posts: 17
    Options
    Ha! This has been my dream to have a strain that curbs my appetite. that said, I have my license and I've really curbed my munchie habit. I'll tell you where medicating is AWESOME is when working out. I think yoga and weed go together like carrot sticks and hummus. Also I have back pain from a herniated disc (just saw the neurologist today) so I've been medicating a lot recently and I have been running longer and farther than ever before. I don't smoke before I run (only in evenings before bed) but I'm kind of blown away by this b/d I'm not a "runner" by any means.

38190192.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • seabuckaroo
    seabuckaroo Posts: 85
    Options
    This I can tell you: Pot makes you HUNGRY & lowers your willpower to stick with your healthy eating habits. I am a chronic smoker, (pardon the pun) and it can be hard to turn off the munchies. That being said it doesn't inherently make you gain, like alcohol, as there are no calories- so if you can keep your hunger in check, go for it. There are also many benefits to smoking pot, I am also a distance runner and have no problems with my lungs :)
    Marijuana: Legalize it, tax it and smoke it.....
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Yea, pretty sure that's bogus

I've got a cousin with a card for "headaches." Turns out, he's actually just a pothead. :smokin:
This discussion has been closed.