May I suggest... You'll lose 20 pounds in a week!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    In my lifetime from teens forward:
    -starvation diet, not even water, yeah that's smart.
    -dexatrim-remember those
    -Figurine bars-dating myself
    -the mayo clinic diet-boiled eggs and grapefruit-yum
    -fat free- yeah eat all the fat free Entenmanns you can and you won't get FAT
    -cocaine
    -meth
    -Ritalin
    -phen phen
    I know I missed some....
  • katiey1123
    katiey1123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ill get shunned for saying this but here goes :
    I did HCG for 2 months and lost about 30lbs, it was hard but I did it. I got pregnant 1/2 through the second round and had to quit but I didn't gain any of the weight back after giving birth. It was waaaay expensive and I wouldn't do it again because of that but I don't regret doing it either.

I did try diet pills, slim fast, fasting and nothing worked. I'm back here so I don't have to rely on anything but me to lose weight and get healthy :) And really oatmea water... i don't even like regular oatmeal let alone oatmeal water!!!

Hi!! Can you please explain about HCG? I'm curious!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    katiey1123 wrote: »
    I did HCG for 2 months and lost about 30lbs, it was hard but I did it. I got pregnant 1/2 through the second round and had to quit but I didn't gain any of the weight back after giving birth. It was waaaay expensive and I wouldn't do it again because of that but I don't regret doing it either.

I did try diet pills, slim fast, fasting and nothing worked. I'm back here so I don't have to rely on anything but me to lose weight and get healthy :) And really oatmea water... i don't even like regular oatmeal let alone oatmeal water!!!

It's a VLCD combined with injecting pregnant lady hormones, which is now illegal in many states and countries. Just... don't.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

It’s a “diet” that isn’t allowed on MFP
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Another zombie thread.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Yeah... humans tend to like short-term goals. And long term changes that aren't "fun" and "easy" are even harder.

However, saying that... we're also as a species who have demonstrated such projects as the Pyramids, so we do have it in us.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I guess I was never for extreme diets, because I've never tried anything but South Beach (and that was only because a co-worker was having such good progress with it, even though I gained, CICO) in the past before I found MFP. They all seemed hard, pointless and a waste of money. I lost 50lbs just "changing habits" and eating less. That seems much easier to me...

But I great up in a house with a Mom who has tried all these crazy things. I still remember how the house would smell while her Cabbage Soup was cooking. GROSS! Everything in the magazine "Woman's Day" she's tried and failed at. She's done Grapefruit, Slim Fast, WW, etc. You name it.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    oe1r8e3cvbhq.jpg
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    tyrantduck wrote: »
    Believe it or not I'm actually on something right now that's doing its job. It's called ACE by Saba... it's a metabolism booster and appetite suppressant. I'm on it three days and off for one day at a time.

I don't believe it.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    heroin?

Moreish but might give you a gippy tummy

sorry, completely off topic, but was that a Dylan Moran: Monster reference? :D
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    tyrantduck wrote: »
    Don't forget
    - No carb
    - Lemon water
    - Brush teeth when hungry
    - and last but not least: SLIM FAST!

LMAO!!! SLIM FAST! I remember that!

lmao i did slim fast for a month and GAINED weight! that stuff is loaded with sugar and tastes like crap anyway!

I actually like the coffee late one lol
    My dad also gained weight when doing slim fast (around 25years ago now) on the advice of his doctor who swore by the stuff
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Seriously, WTF is oatmeal water?

I'm glad you asked - it does not sound good!
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    dotcomee wrote: »
    Hi! Do you recognize this tub of crap?
    That's me, three-and-a-half weeks ago! Since then, I've lost 155 pounds!
    Yes, you heard me right! I lost 155 pounds in less than three weeks!

How did I lose all that gross fat? By combining the miracle of technology with ordinary street junkies! Producing this: Jimmy Tango's Fat Busters!

It's this simple: wear my patented vibrating heat-bead suit, then jam an unbelievable amount of pure, raw crystal meth into your system! You might ask, "Isn't crystal meth illegal?" You bet! But my scientist, Dr. Cody, spends his days in a tin shed deep inside a small canyon outside San Bernadino, constantly altering the scientific formula of a bathtub crank that keeps us one step ahead the law, and keeps you one step ahead of the fat farm! Fatties, here's my promise: wear my vibrating heat beads, while blasting down handfuls of crrystal meth, and you'll drop weight so fast you'll lose your mind!

Any questions?

Shut up and take my money! :D
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

If anyone is selling you HCG, they are lying to you and/or breaking the law, selling you fake drops. Real HCG is not effective as a weight loss aid, and it's illegal in the US to market it as such. It's supposed to be used in conjunction with a 500 calorie diet. Gee, I wonder how the weight loss happens.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Things done or recommended:

Hydroxycut- gave me a massive nosebleed during a workout because of a blood pressure spike
    Suggested to get surgery
    Magic weight loss oil
    Faulty OMAD diet- this person's version is extra value meals, multiple candy bars, and bags of chips, obviously exceeding their calorie limit because they're still gaining weight to this day. It's calories folks, not meal frequency!
    Vegan or vegetarianism with no portion control
    HCG
    Food combining
    Green smoothie cleanse
    Special K diet

But... Weight watchers actually worked. Just tired of all the program changes.

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    EpicMeyri wrote: »
    Oh I forgot to mention Herbal Life! http://www.herbalife.com/global
    You replace two meals with their shakes or whatever.. Yea My mom and aunts did it for about 4 months! Lost SO much weight... after 4 months! Gained back and more!!

My parents did Herbalife...they're still overweight. Infact they're both diabetics :(
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    oe1r8e3cvbhq.jpg

I don't think this one can be repeated enough...
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    A friend convinced me to try a juice fast with her once. It was the worst 6 hours of my life.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Seriously, WTF is oatmeal water?

I'm glad you asked - it does not sound good!

Google 'Atholl Brose' if alcohol is not verboten for you/your diet. Oatmeal water has its uses. ;)