WTF thread

Options

Replies

• 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I live with my mother-in-law atm, so I have lots! :laugh: Really I'm grateful and we do get along but there are some little things that make me go :huh:

She wants me to make the bed every day. No problem! So I make the bed. She comes home and re-makes the bed because the pillows weren't right...okay. So then I start making the bed with the pillows the way she likes them. So she comes home and re-makes the bed because she likes hospital corners on the sheet...okay. So I start making the bed with hospital corners. She comes home and re-makes the bed because she likes to make sure the blanket is exactly even on both sides (and yes, she re-made the ENTIRE bed because the blanket wasn't even!) :explode: I can't win! lol

She has the same thing with the blinds in our room. She just walks right in and shuts them because they're up too high/not high enough or will walk in and close the window because I don't need it open (it's getting warmer and the breeze feels nice, we don't turn the heat on, and we have no central A/C or units atm, so there's no reason as far as bills go.) I am still learning the way she likes to keep things, but boy are there a lot of stipulations! lol

:laugh: This made me chuckle. She could be me. I like my bed "perfect" and I am the same way about the blinds too. Neat & even. I'm a little bit OCD & a perfectionist like that. My husband NEVER makes the bed. If I'm too sick or whatever, then it just remains unmade. It's easier on both of us that way.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    People who leave their shopping carts in the parking spots instead of putting them in the corrals.

I have been guilty of this more than once! lol But now that I've started being healthier, I always put them back even it's hot and they are so freaking far away from where we parked, haha. This only bothers me if they leave it in a parking spot but they are right next to a cart return. :huh: On a similar note, it used to bother me when people would leave their carts right in the middle of the aisle, especially when it's a narrow one. But now it doesn't bother me, I just move their **** instead of waiting around for them to move it :laugh:
    This made me chuckle. She could be me. I like my bed "perfect" and I am the same way about the blinds too. Neat & even. I'm a little bit OCD & a perfectionist like that. My husband NEVER makes the bed. If I'm too sick or whatever, then it just remains unmade. It's easier on both of us that way.

What's funny is I am the one that has OCD! :laugh: but mine has nothing to do with organization! What's even better is when I do the dishes, she tells me to clean out the sink so there's no food in there, which is fine, but every darn morning there is food in the sink from her! lol
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    k, #1 you put the blades up so they come out clean. Do you really empty your dishwasher with your eyes closed? I do this all the time and have never ever poked myself because I am awake when I put them away. When I first got my dishwasher and I put the kinves blade down they always had bits left on them and #2 you are not supposed to put all the spoons in the same area of the cutlery rack or they.....spoon themselves and come out dirty. Says right in the manual to stagger which type of cutlery goes where!

My favorite is when i come home and the dirty dishes are piled on the counter right overtop of the dishwasher and the washer itself is empty... WTF.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My husband constantly opens a food item, puts the wrapper on the counter and heads to the living room.......you can't put the wrapper in the garbage, that is under the sink and mere inches away.....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    People who leave their shopping carts in the parking spots instead of putting them in the corrals.

This. If you know you're going to need the cart, park closer to the return. There is no reason to leave it where it doesn't belong.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,274 Member
    Options
    My husband always turns the floor lamp off at the socket where you have to contort yourself to reach it. I go to switch it on at the convenient little hanging cord which is easy to reach and it doesn't come on so I have to contort myself. Now, before I go to bed I race him to the light and am very annoyed if he gets there first! :explode:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    k, #1 you put the blades up so they come out clean. Do you really empty your dishwasher with your eyes closed? I do this all the time and have never ever poked myself because I am awake when I put them away. When I first got my dishwasher and I put the kinves blade down they always had bits left on them and #2 you are not supposed to put all the spoons in the same area of the cutlery rack or they.....spoon themselves and come out dirty. Says right in the manual to stagger which type of cutlery goes where!

My favorite is when i come home and the dirty dishes are piled on the counter right overtop of the dishwasher and the washer itself is empty... WTF.

I don't put really dirty cutlery in the dishwasher just like that so it's not a problem. I rinse them off first. And prissy lady no I don't empty it with my eyes closed but since I always put them in blade down, it's totally unexpected when I find them blade up! I hope you never cut yourself.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    My sister in law helps out with clean up when we have parties at my place. Bless her heart. But she puts sharp knives BLADE UP in the dishwasher! WTF!

I do this. I put all utensils in handle down.

My theory is that they will get cleaner if the end that touches your food is not hidden down in the basket.

Never cut myself. But I don't get asked to fill the dish washer often either. :)
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Why do guys (and some girls, but it seems to be more prevalent in guys) put empty milk cartons in the fridge? It's empty. Recyle or throw it away already, it's not THAT hard.

I have co-workers like that. Drives the rest of us nuts. I also have co-workers who leave cupboard doors and drawers open and those plastic straps on cases of paper laying on the ground where people can get caught up in then. The worst part of it is that some of the culprits are on the facility 's safety committee.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    The driver that runs a stop sign to pull out in front of you, forcing you to slam on your breaks, so they can go 100 feet down the road and turn into a drive way.

:huh:
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Fat girls who wear tight clothes and their rolls hang out everywhere.

To be fair when you're a fat girl, or guy for that matter, it's pretty hard to know what to wear.

Everyone criticises them in slimming clothes but then when they wear baggy clothes they look even heavier.

They're in between a rock and a hard place.

This... and I say this as in between person now.

Baggy clothes make me look bigger than I am. Clothes that fit (criticism). Clothes that are too tight (which I tend to avoid) would also get me criticized.

Wearing shorts at the gym has gotten me laughed at. At the gym. Because my pants were dirty. I have warn the shorts again...because wearing them and my thighs rubbing and showing that is better than not going...
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Fat girls who wear tight clothes and their rolls hang out everywhere.

Watch out. I got called ignorant on another thread for saying that. Hahahaha.

I don't care. People need to hear the truth.

tumblr_lwvxwbrFRr1qdv84j.gif

Also, knives up in the dishwasher. My exhusband used to do this. Very dangerous. I'm perma paranoid about that sort of thing - I treat knives like they were radioactive material!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    THEY DON'T MAKE SPANX IN MEN'S SIZES! WTF!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    ...the staggering misuse of "there, they're, and their" even in the professional world.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Reracking your weights...it's not that difficult. put the freaking weights back in their place!!!!!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    something of which i've only just become aware... ketchup chips

tumblr_metk1hp5BM1ro2d43.gif
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Being criticized for eating 'gross healthy food', but as soon as I buy it, it mysteriously vanishes from the fridge. Then you have to hear the sea of 'I dunno's when you go on an interrogation spree.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    something of which i've only just become aware... ketchup chips

tumblr_metk1hp5BM1ro2d43.gif

I used to love these!

Another one. Being obviously very pregnant and being the only person standing on the bus other than a 90 year old (ok more like 70 but u get the picture) and noone offered either of us a seat. A guy gets on the bus and manages to step on my foot as he walks by. WTF
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My sister in law helps out with clean up when we have parties at my place. Bless her heart. But she puts sharp knives BLADE UP in the dishwasher! WTF!

What's your WTF rant?

If I'm not mistaken this is so the blades of the knives aren't dulled by the basket. Personally I wash knives by hand to protect the blades. A sharp knife is safer than a dull one!

It's true. And yes, I am a trained professional.
    They also clean better blade up.
    BUT- sharpies should be cleaned by hand. Gently.
  • wafflemeister14
    wafflemeister14 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My WTF is when teens wear short-shorts and heavy winter jackets. If you can't afford pant legs, I will buy you the fabric.