NSV - I'm the crazy girl crying on the treadmill :-)

Options

Replies

• sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, you're an inspiration to me!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome, no kidding. You should be very proud! :drinker:
  • fluffhetty
    Options
    AWESOME. You should be proud. Tomorrow.. Do it again and you'll have that same feeling! Very inspiring story.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You should be proud. Kudos for you.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a tremendous success - from another slow runner. I'll be facing that "long run" in a couple more weeks and fully intend to lower that treadmill speed to whatever I need to so i get the job done. Speed will happen later (I was running consistently 5 yrs ago, but stopped for variety of reasons), so i know I will get faster. You will too. for now, slow and steady is what it takes.
  • bluebirds5
    bluebirds5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Make your dream happen. So proud for you :)
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I'm so glad you decided to try c25k! I started it last Sept and running has changed my life! And, yes, I was crying after that run, too!!! You should be proud :drinker:
  • auntjojoma
    auntjojoma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should be PROUD! YOU GO GIRL!
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Way to go....amazing!
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!! You have inspired me. I'm on W3 of C25K and its hard.But I'm so happy for you!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Congratulations from a local girl... I usually go to the Commerce Lifetime, but go to Canton from time to time :)

There is no stopping you now... you will be running half marathons before you know it. Seriously... you can do anything you set your mind to and work hard for...

I am proof of this... read my profile. If you interested in having some friendly running encouragment and support, I am your girl :flowerforyou: I always love new running friends.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Heavy all my life with the resulting fears, insecurities and shame. When I've worked out in the past, I would lift and walk inclines on the treadmill. This time, I wanted to try something else (still lifting!) so I'm doing the C25K. Today, I did W6 D3 - jogging for 25 minutes - no stopping. When that popped up on the app, for a split second, I thought about ditching it. But then I DECIDED that I would do it, no matter what. And I did! Not only that, I jogged an extra minute to get to 2.0 miles. (Yes, I am very slow!) I am 47 years old and have NEVER jogged for 2.0 miles straight in my entire life. But I did it today! And I will do more!

When it was over, I just broke down and cried. I am so freaking proud of myself! (I'm sure the people at the Lifetime Fitness in Canton think I'm nuts!) Thank you MFP and C25K! And thank you to me for deciding to do this. I am amazing myself!

CONGRATS!!! :flowerforyou: That is AMAZING! You must (and should be!) so proud of yourself! That's a big accomplishment and just goes to show that even for those of us who've never been slim, fit, and athletic, with hard work we can achieve anything we set our minds to! :bigsmile:
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Go you!
  • 3beans3
    3beans3 Posts: 8
    Options
    I know the feeling...and I'm right there with you! it's an amazing feeling to see your body reach a new level. Keep it going!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Great job..
    Today 2miles, tommrow 3miles next month, 4 miles.

We all believe that you can!!!!!

Can't or can not is never an option.!!!!!!!!!
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'll respond in hopes you come back and read this. You should be very proud of yourself for overcoming the feeling of "I can't do this" and finding out that you can do this. As you progress into other training programs and obstacles remember and use this accomplishment to help push you through. It helped me to do my 5 mile run yesterday when I thought I could not. Again, great courage and amazing job!
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What a great achievement!!!

Ive just done W5D1 today, so got the holy cow 20 mins run this week..... Im with you girl! Keep going!
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Love this. And believe me it isn't the first time anyone at the gym has seen someone overcome with what they're accomplishing. Good for you!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! I cant wait to do this myself!
  • luvp1nk
    luvp1nk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! This is awesome and inspirational!! Makes me want to look into the C25K, myself, so Thank You!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!