How much do you pay a month for fitness?

Options

Replies

• missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    £16.99 - it's a basic gym in the sense that there is no sauna, spa or swimming pool or add ons. It's basically just the equipment, but it's proper stuff. PT's all over the place, you can pay to have sessions which cost anything from £20-£50 depending on qualifications. No peak times, 24/7 gym. They do classes but you pay individually. I really like it!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    im happy to see mine isnt the highest. i pay $41 with all taxes included.

unlimited classes are included!
  • sac4fd
    sac4fd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    $87/month for my gym membership. Worth that and more to me!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I pay a little under $32 / month for my Golds membership.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    About $25 for all my Zumba classes. The rest I do from home.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    $40ish... gives me access to all community facilitie - pools/gyms etc. well worth it in my opinion.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    buy a good weight program, like "Body Beast". you buy it once.....and its yours do work it at home
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I pay nothing, it is included in my benefit package at VW.... They built us an entire staffed fitness center ..... WOO - HOO !!!!!

I have 24/7 access to it ....
  • JScar1964
    JScar1964 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Have turned garage into gym
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Much less than it has cost me to be unhealthy...
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    £34 a month for the gym. Also end up buying things little kettleworx and bells, plus I pay for my bicycle out of my wage £20 per month... More than I thought now I think about it!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I pay $35 at the Y.
    I pay $60 at my boxing gym.

I think that's pretty cheap. I have access to a good set of weights, some squat racks, boxing equipment, boxers, trainers.

Personal training is a separate cost, but I can barter for a good portion of things, and I'm starting a side gig in order to cover all of my fitness and shooting costs.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to pay that much. Get New Rules of Lifting for Women and use that as your trainer - every move is explained in words and pictures and the book is less than $20. It has 6 full months of workout routines and I just started Stage 3 and love it (have lost lots of inches in the first two stages and no need for a personal trainer).

I pay $25 a month for my gym, which has two squat racks, lots of free weights and dumbbells, and everything I need for NROFLW workouts.

I have read the book, but I have no way of checking form or even knowing if it's right or not.

Doesn't Gold's have mirrors?
  • Khisalandra
    Khisalandra Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm paying $49 a month for my gym. Totally worth it since I have access to not only the weight machines and classes, but also to a lovely pool and hot tub. The pool alone would be worth it since I have problems with my hip and sometimes the only thing I can do is the swimming.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    $40ish... gives me access to all community facilitie - pools/gyms etc. well worth it in my opinion.

I belong to the same program...

I pay 97 dollars (but I have the family rate) and it gives us access to 7 different leisure centres....most of them with pools and waterslides for my daughter...it's WELL worth it.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    probably about 300 a month on supplements and healthy foods I work out at home or at school don't have a current total on fitness equipment most of mine was hand me down, only real money I spend was on a set of adjustable dumbells about 200 dollars. I am surprised no one has mentioned supplement or food costs in this yet
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    We pay 65.00 for a family membership at our Y. We have unlimited classes and access to a pool/hot tub in addition to the weights/machines in the fitness center for our family of four. For me, it is money well spent since my cost per day is about 2.00.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I pay $60/month to be a member of American Family Fitness. I take a lot of the Les Mills' classes that they offer on a weekly basis and I also workout on my own utililizing almost all of the fitness machines. It may sound expensive, but it's worth it to me because I need structure and guidance, otherwise I wouldn't benefit from my membership.

I go to AFF too!! I spend about $89/mo for myself, my husband, and my child (to use the kidzone). they have multiple huge facilities and lots of classes.

I am also thinking about going to Crossfit after I lose about 50 more pounds and my gym membership expires. That will cost around $100/mo, give or take, but I've taken an intro class and it seems right up my alley!
  • Jplante312
    Jplante312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I joined planet fitness for their basic $10.00 a month plan no classes there though. I was at a dance studio for $30 a moth to take zumba, I also do the zumba wii game at home. I live in NY where gyms are expensive so planet fitness is the cheapest.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky--
    I work on a college campus where I can use the Ratty Old Gym for free (but no locker privileges), or the FancySchmancyNew Wellness Center for $15 a month plus $15 per semester locker fee.