How much do you pay a month for fitness?

Options

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    $8/mo. for my BodyMedia Fit.

Otherwise, almost nothing. I have a pull up bar, dumbbells, a body... yep. Got all I need right here.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Much less than it has cost me to be unhealthy...

HEAR, HEAR!!
    AGREE!!!! I went from seven medications to one!!!! Woo-hoo!!!
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    $9.54 (Fitness 19)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    £20 ($31) a month for the gym.

Just wondering, why would you "need" to have a trainer to include lifting into your routine? I'd understand wanting it for the first few sessions, teaching you the basics, proper form etc until you feel confident. That's not for long though, after that I'm sure you'll manage just fine by yourself at Gold's.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I bought all the fitness dvds I could ever want, but I do need some more weight for my Olympic dumb bell bars.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I have a few exercise DVDs, an elliptical machine,two sets of dumbbells, and a farm that requires a lot of physical labor. Don't need a gym and wouldn't have the time to go anyway..
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    My gym membership is $19.99. I go to Planet Fitness so it's just a basic gym - no classes, nothing special. They do have trainers to help you out for free if you need advice, but I haven't used one yet. My fiancé is a gym snob and *has* to go to the $70 gym just to play basketball lol! If you can afford it and you feel that's what you need right now, go for it. Who cares what your friends think?!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Seems there are a lot of people who pride themselves on paying so little and kudos to all of you!! I however pay $240 a month for my gym and personal training which is a lot but so worth it. Everyone is different, but I know I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have if I hadn't decided to do that. I'm close to being finished with the personal trainer but who knows what I will do next. If you can afford it and find value in it then go for it!!
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    £30 a month thats the gym, classes and the pool
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I would pay for a few personal training sessions at Gold's to work on your form and just stay there. It would cost less in the long run.

I pay $25 a month for zumba classes and I lift for free at the weight room at work.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have two gym memberships, I got 24-hr fitness for two years at costco for $250, my husband also belongs and pays $30/mos but he has been a member for ages. 24 hr fitness got too crowded for my workout and so I also joined the gym at work, it's small but not crowded and I can do weights easily there, it's only $14 per month.
    I don't know what personal training costs, but I am thinking about it. I just need to find the right person...
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I personally don't use the gym, when I had my membership I could never seem to get up the motivation to go. Now I run year round outside with the dogs (even during the wonderful snow storms we sometimes get here in Canada) and do body resistance exercises at home (have just a few pieces of equipement that seem to work for me).

Those mornings that I don't want to get out of bed to run my dogs now stand on top of me whinning to get up.....best workout buddies!!

I do however invest in a new good pair of runners every couple of months.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I pay $20 a month for a membership to Anytime Fitness, $120 a month for some personal training sessions and about $60 a month in other random classes that I do to mix things up- TRX is my favorite and the instructor changes the class up so much that I really don't get bored. Seems like a lot, but totally worth it to me. I am not good about working out at home, but very good about going to the gym.

edit: Wow, forgot about my once a week swim that I pay to go to the pool....another $30 a month or so, but that isn't all year. March - September generally.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    $64. It is pricey, but I am at the gym at least five days a week, and I love the variety of equipment and classes (including a pool).
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I don't pay anything. I work out at home. My husband is my Personal Trainer.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I pay about 40/month for a 24/7 gym and then I go to barre 3x a week and pay 160 for unlimited classes there. The barre classes sound expensive but I've never gotten such quick results, plus I love them so it's something that I never skip. It is worth the money to me.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    $0.

I find workouts on pinterest, videos on youtube, use at-home weights and my own body weight, run outside, find free yoga classes around my community, ride my bike, and now that it's warmer, will swim the river.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe the amount of money everyone pays for gym memberships..

I am just baffled by this... sorry
  • hifi898
    hifi898 Posts: 54
    Options
    Monthly, hubs and I pay around $30 for the two of us. We're on our second year there and we have always paid for the year up front (typical membership is around $15 per person, and the annual fee for two ppl is around $315 with discount for paying a year at a time).

Our gym is marketed towards bodybuilders and only a local chain to mid-TN; however, we have 24/7 access (M-F), unlimited tanning, childcare (which we DEFNINTELY use) and unlimited classes. I take Zumba 2x a week and have contemplated the boot camp. We also have affiliate gyms when we go out of town (TN only), so when we visit my in-laws in Memphis, I can go workout at a gym down the street for free. It's pretty nice. We have the option of visiting any of the other "chain" locations too, which offer different weight training layouts and group classes.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Currently $0
    ===========================
    I don't go to a gym. But I guess if you figure in the stuff I've bought for fitness then probably looks more like this:

Kinect - $100
    EA Sports Active 2.0 - $36.49
    Dance Central 2- $19.99
    Your Shape: FE 2012 - $30
    HRM w/chest strap - $26.43
    Armband for iphone - $3.46
    Fitbit zip - $65.35
    5lb dumbbells - $14
    25lb dumbbells - $50
    Adjustable dumbbells - $40
    Adjustable Resistance Tubes - $16

Total of purchases since feb last year : $401.63

So it ends up being like $15.45 a month and decreasing.