best option for a curry???

Options
2»

Replies

• selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hi guys just a quick question im going out for a meal in a few weeks for a curry just wanting to know what would be the healthiest curry to order in a restaurant. Im looking for lowest fat and salt etc. Can be any sort of asian curry made with veg fish or meat and any spice but unsure what type is actually the healthiest as don't want to get one full of oil etc

Is it an Indian restaurant or Pakistani? See if they got "Korma". Ask for a couple of paper towels and slide the palte a bit so the excess oil gets there and use the paper towel to collect it. Korma is delicious stuff, you will like it.

You can also go for "Haleem". It is very delicious but once again, I prefer the Delhi style or Karachi style, which isn't often found in US based Indian restaurants.

Try to avoid the cream based curries. Ask the waiter if its made from cream. Look for mutton or chicken kadhai (I prefer mutton/beef/lamb over chicken personally). If its without cream, you will love it.

The BEST one I can suggest would be Achar Gosht. DO the paper towel oil collection thing and eat it up. You will DEFINITLEY love achar gosht. Its good recipe both indian and pakistani way and its not made with cream so for your, its the best option. And it is DELICIOUS!

Haleem ftw.
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    Options
    I would swap naan for a chapati as they are usually dry cooked. If i order biryani or rice i just ask for them to be careful and use minimal oil. Never had a problem a with that request. Enjoy your meal
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    If your are anticipating going out for curry in a few weeks, why not put the diet aside for 1 night and enjoy yourself? In the long run 1 night of curry isn't going to hurt your progress. If you are really concerned about it, then eat a little less a for a couple days before.

I think the problem with curry type dishes isn't so much the fat, but the sodium can be off the charts. I love Thai curry and have made my own recipes by adding all the ingredients together to track the nutrition, and the sodium is the biggest problem.