How many dates should a woman pay for??

Options

Replies

• MustachioNerd
    Options
    All of them. It's the least you can do since we'll probably end up your mother, cook, social planner, tax accountant, therapist...the list goes on and on. Any man want to challenge me on that? I call your b*****.

I would prefer to cook, actually. I also would rather handle my own taxes. I think my therapist would be listening to problems ABOUT my girl.. so I doubt that would work either..

I love these double standard threads. Did we really need another one? Everyone is different. I think that relationships are best built on equality and fairness. Take care of your own tab, it will cause less issues down the road.
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options
    LMAO - let me edit this. The woman should pay for none of them. It's the least you (as a man) can do since we'll probably end up your mother, cook, social planner, tax accountant, therapist...the list goes on and on. Any man want to challenge me on that? I call your b*****.

looks like you've been dating a bunch of losers
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    It all depends how good he is in bed, if he sucks then hes def paying, if he's good, ill think about paying.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    LMAO - let me edit this. The woman should pay for none of them. It's the least you (as a man) can do since we'll probably end up your mother, cook, social planner, tax accountant, therapist...the list goes on and on. Any man want to challenge me on that? I call your b*****.

You sound pleasant..
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I always prepare to pay for my portion of the date but I've never asked a guy out so I don't know what the "rules" are.

so how does this discussion even come up?

The discussion about who pays or going out? When the check comes, I get my wallet out. If he insists on paying the check it's not a big enough deal to me to make a scene about it but otherwise just split it down the middle. If he pays, I'll offer to pick up the movie tickets or drink tab or whatever.

About going out, right now I'm pretty busy (divorced parent, in school full time and working full time) so I don't really ask anyone out but if someone asks me out and it's not finals or mid-terms or a 60 hour work week and my daughter doesn't have a bunch of gymnastics stuff and I'm interested in the person, I'll probably agree. Yeah, I'm not dating a whole bunch at the moment.

If you're asking why I answered the question even though I said I've never asked anyone out, it's because I think the dates (at least the first couple) should be dutch regardless. Why should one person pay to get to know another person?
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    my boyfriend and i take turns. when he picks the date, he pays, and when i pick, i pay. it works
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    guy should offer to pay....he should have the decency of pretending to be a gentleman
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I always prepare to pay for my portion of the date but I've never asked a guy out so I don't know what the "rules" are.

so how does this discussion even come up?

Why should one person pay to get to know another person?

I think this honestly hits the nail on the head. I think this is the most fair thing anyone has stated.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Fuucking fuuck gender roles....such loads of shiit!!

Just take charge in the one place it matters, the rest is trivial. :)
  • MustachioNerd
    Options
    How is paying for a meal being a gentleman? That is ridiculous.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    !!
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I personally pay for alternating dates. I let him pay for the first one, since he asked, but then I grab the check on the next. The guy I'm currently dating said that I'm the first chick who's ever offered to pay, and he seemed to appreciate it.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Are you single by any chance?
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options
    guy should offer to pay....he should have the decency of pretending to be a gentleman

LOOL! So you ask a guy out and expect him to pay! HAAhahahah ! Good luck on ur relationship goals of 2013
  • Levinia2013
    Levinia2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    None of them
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options

Are you single by any chance?

^THIS! Im sorry but if you think you need and are all these things for men, you need to pull your head out of your butt
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I've never paid on a date, but of course I'm not cool enough to ask a guy out.:ohwell:
    One thing I wonder about is this- Sometimes my ex's become friends, and when we go out, they STILL pay. I feel like I should pay for myself since we are "just friends" but people just assume it's "together" and the guys (my friends) just pay it...

Hm... maybe I should be more outspoken, and be all "I HAVE A JOB! I CAN PAY FOR MY OWN MEAL!!" ... *Things to ponder*
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Dine and Dash.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    If I ask a man out, then I would expect to pay ... and drive ... and make good night kiss first move ... ........ and be on top ... jk jk
    ... I don't have to drive. :smokin: ...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

clMlXoO.gif

6fLO1em.gif