So sick of restarting

Options
13»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I find that commitment is much better than motivation. Motivation is fickle. You have to make it something that you just do. It's not up for debate, this is just how it is. At least that's what works for me.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    yah, its not you, its just sabotage.

14.gif
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is something that may help but I eased into trying to be under my caloric intake and exercise. Logging everything, I started with a good / healthy / low cal breakfast - the rest of the day may be a failure but I started with a good breakfast. Then I would have a good breakfast and good lunch. After conquering the first two meals, I conquered dinner and would remain under my MFP caloric intake. One benefit was that I was able to clean out my pantry without throwing food out - that's such a waste. There were horrible days but there were good days. Then I started exercising - I'm just currently walking 30 minutes at 3 mph. I'll be adding weights soon. Sure there are bad days but restarting is pretty easy. I've restarted enough to last many lifetimes - the change this time is that my 8 year old told me that she didn't want me to die of a heart attack - that was the "moment" for me. So I'm clawing my way back to my original starting weight. It's OK - I know I will get there.

Long story short - this slow entry into a healthier lifestyle worked for me - you just have to find what works for you so that restarting isn't a regular occurrence.