Share your Zumba/Spinning success

Options
I can't decide which to try. At the moment I don't exercise at all. I need some inspiration.

Replies

• blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Try both?

I havent done any spinning, but Zumba is fun.. it doesn't even feel like a workout.. :flowerforyou:
  • WannaBeThin87
    WannaBeThin87 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm really afraid to try spinning, I heard it was super hard....
  • etafeen
    etafeen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use to be afraid of Spin because I heard how hard it was and I am not a fan of biking. My fiance made me try one class and I got hooked. While it might look intimidating it really isn't because you control how high your resistance is and no one even knows if you decide not to turn it up when the instructor says so. It is a great workout for your legs and abs. Plus it has really improved my posture. I was in good cardio shape before, I run marathons, but it increased my cardio ability and was a great way to cross train as it is low impact. I now spin at least 3 times a week!
  • reachme
    reachme Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love zumba. Its fun. :)
  • nrod1988
    nrod1988 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    52lbs with Zumba. :-) My before/after is on my page (yes, I gained 2lbs this week. haha!)
  • Kojie75
    Kojie75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love spinning. I find it an excellent alternative cardio and easy on the joints. I was quickly hooked and bought my own spin bike which I use all the time at home. Excellent cardio burn.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Zumba so much more than spinning. It doesn't feel like a work out, it is a lot of fun, and with all the endorphins pumping through my blood stream I have more energy. Spinning just made me feel like I was being tortured. Those tiny seats are WAY too uncomfortable.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! I have it on the WII and LOVE it.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba in January and now try to go 3-4 times per week. I have dropped 25 pounds and 2 pants sizes. I absolutely love it. Be forewarned though, there is a little learning curve so don't give up! I used to stand in the back and now get annoyed if I have to stand there! It's a great workout and I leave exhilarated and dripping in sweat.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Do something you enjoy.
  • kdzi
    kdzi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do both. Zumba is fun, and spinning is low impact and you can modify if you need to make it not as hard. I burn roughly 600-700/class in both, so no difference there. Try both, and keep doing what you like!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    If you currently don't exercise, I would recommend Zumba. I did Zumba for a year before I attempted anything else at the gym. My first spin class, I about died! Then I took two months actively working out, lifting weights and tried spin again and the class was much easier. The hardest part is getting used to the uncomfortable seat ;)
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I find Zumba a lot more fun but I do like spinning as its a great workout. When I started back to exercise after almost 2 years off, I did Zumba 3-4 times a week. I still find it the most fun but I have incorporated other exercise too as I've gotten in better shape.
  • klharris1984
    Options
    Love spinning pretty much the only exercise I have been doing and down 70lbs.
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! I tried my first spinning class last week (because my fav zumba teacher teaches it!). It was tough, but I liked it and plan on adding it to my weekly routine. I say try them both (maybe with several different instructors) and see what you like. You'll be more likely to stick to it if you enjoy it!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Try them both.
    I don't like spinning (so far), but I may try it again some time.

I LOVE Zumba.

Now that I've lost almost 40 pounds and I've strengthened my legs by a lot of walking and running, I might be able to do a spin class.

The best exercise for you is the one you'll do. (Or the two you'll do if you decide you like both!)
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Do zumba, it's easy, you won't even notice you're exercising. :)
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Do zumba, it's easy, you won't even notice you're exercising. :)

^^^ this....
  • slim133lbs
    Options
    try zumba first..and then spinning!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!