May 2013 Push Ups Challenge

Options

Replies

• Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    28 done, 10x10x10 [well OK, it was 30]. Nice.
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Got my 39 in today (I was already doing 24 a day, so I started there and am resting Saturdays). I did the 24 (split into two sessions during the workout) then a little while ago I did the other 15. For the last 15, I did 5 full-length and 10 on my knees. I didn't go down very far on my toes, but hey, it's better than I could ever do in the past, so that's great. And I think I'm going down farther on my knees than I was before; it's hard to tell, but I feel like I am.

Anyhow, I'm really enjoying this challenge! Can't believe I'll be up to 48 by the end of the week! Almost half way there!

I'm thinking I may up my during-workout pushups starting next week. This week I added some weight to some of the exercises (lunges and squats), so why not do two sets of 15 instead of 12? Or maybe add one extra rep to each set every day during that week. It will help me get my total reps in for the day, anyhow. :)
  • castelluzzo99
    Options
    Does anyone else get their heart rate up doing push-ups?
    Linda

Linda, I sure do! But you're heart rate is going to go up some no matter what you do. If you do lunges slowly (strength training as opposed to cardio) it will go up. That's how our body works. The blood's gotta get to our arms and chest and wherever else, so yeah, it's going to go up a bit.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    28 done: 15 regular pushups and 13 pushups on the stairs.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    Day 7 28 done.
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Did 4 sets of 10 again today.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Day 5 22
    Day 6 25

DONE! Im playing catch up :)
  • Absonthebrain
    Options
    Day 7 28 done! :)
  • geekgirl_2012
    geekgirl_2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Day 8... 31 push ups done! :)
  • castelluzzo99
    Options
    Okay, so I was going to add 1 pushup to each set during my exercises this morning, for a total of 26 during the workout. But on the second set, I forgot and did 15 instead of 13! So 14 to go! I'm so excited about this challenge! I'm already going lower than I was last week, and can do more full-length (not as low, but still, I can go down a little!).
  • maurobono78
    maurobono78 Posts: 34
    Options
    Day 8... 31 push ups done!
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    31 push ups done.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    31 done, but did the little girl ones. My trainer worked my arms yesterday and they're still sore and shaky.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    no thanks push ups atre strength training and dont help u lose weight
  • castelluzzo99
    Options
    no thanks push ups atre strength training and dont help u lose weight

But I thought strength training boosts one's metabolism. Besides, isn't it fat you want to lose? Replacing fat with muscle might not net as many pounds on the scale, but it sure nets some nice numbers on the measuring tape! At least, that's the theory. I keep hearing that diet is 80% of weight loss, and exercise and other things the other 20%.

All I know is, these challenges are fun! So why not do them? But you certainly don't have to if you don't want to!
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    4 x 10 standing push ups again today. That's what I 'm going to do from now on (until I can do more). I probably won't post anymore though. Thanks for the challenge. May you all surprise yourselves as I have. :)
  • castelluzzo99
    Options
    Did those last 14 pushups today. It was good. :)
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Still in! 31 today. Just did the first set of 10, but I have to wait until the kitten isn't looking to do the rest. (Otherwise he crawls underneath me and attacks my face! Maybe if I were really hard core I'd keep going anyway.)
  • Absonthebrain
    Options
    Day 8 31 pushups done!!
  • Absonthebrain
    Options
    Finally did my pushups in the morning :) Day 9 34pushups done!!! Going to sleep early really makes a difference. :smile: